Thread: built strat for gnome t/m shepard?

built strat for gnome t/m shepard?

I was planning on just growing out the door.. but I joined a kingdom that's in the middle of a war.

Any suggestions on building layouts? I went 120 into mills for the first 2 days as I explore up to 7-900 acres. Going to convert them to thieves dens an hour or two before I come out of protection. so.. final, i was thinking something around..

Banks 10%
    Forts 15%
    Dens 15%
    Guilds 15%
    Farms 5%
    Towers 15%
    Homes 5%
    Dungeons 5%
    Watchtowers 15%

2.5-3 TPA and hoping for for 100 DPA with pure golems and 60% draft.

No idea for post-war growth/explorer. =\
    Last edited by randombob; 14-09-2008 at 00:07.

Banned
    I don't think you will be able to get 100dpa I'm think you will get around 80dpa which is really good anyways. If you build homes you should be able to reach 100dpa

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by randombob View Post
    I was planning on just growing out the door.. but I joined a kingdom that's in the middle of a war.

Any suggestions on building layouts? I went 120 into mills for the first 2 days as I explore up to 7-900 acres. Going to convert them to thieves dens an hour or two before I come out of protection. so.. final, i was thinking something around..

Banks 10%
    Forts 15%
    Dens 15%
    Guilds 15%
    Farms 5%
    Towers 15%
    Homes 5%
    Dungeons 5%
    Watchtowers 15%

2.5-3 TPA and hoping for for 100 DPA with pure golems and 60% draft.

No idea for post-war growth/explorer. =\
    firstly, wtf? @ gnome/shep T/M
    2nd your build sucks.. both WT's AND TD's???
    dungeons???

get something like this:
    20% homes
    5% farms
    20% forts
    15% guilds
    20% TD's
    20% towers

OOW, move ~10% towers to guilds to pump your wpa
    you should be able to get ~4-4.5 tpa and a decent wpa
    dont need banks as you're only training defspecs and theives, and you can steal OOW if need be =D
    and for once vines is right, i doubt you'll be able to get to 100DPA without sacrificing wizzies or theives

You fail at coming up with viable combos, and even vines post says so.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

The banks are temporary since I'm still in protection, I can't generate gold without them. I'm going to save a few hundred thousand for post protection so I can convert buildings with double cost. Sheperd because I planned to grow quickly, I figured I would be put into a kingdom that isn't at war. IE. Explore, build, train to get my land rank and NW high. T/M seemed to be more useful for exploring and protecting my province.

Also.. GJ VT, you're cool cus you can put people down on the internet.. I asked for for advice, not proof of how far your head fits up your ass.

Thanks Greenie for being mostly contructive.
    Last edited by randombob; 14-09-2008 at 02:07.

Sir Postalot
    its EXTREMELY hard to grow quickly and keep your T/M levels up...
    also, can understand why you would pick shep to explore quickly, but by this stage of the game, exploring is not the best idea, as most people will probably have enough offense to break you

finally, its not exactly easy to grow quickly as a gnome with its BR penalty =)

Yeah, I figured that out before making it, but as I wait for Genesis to reset, I wanted to test it out. Saying it's bad in theory is all good and fine, but I felt like testing it myself. In a game where ages reset every couple months, it's not a permanent decision.

Banned
    If you are looking to be a pure rogue without attacking. Maybe you should look into setting up your province maximizing gc income. This will help your attackers greatly in times of war.

Post Fiend
    if you want to explore fast you should have gone dwarf. i was suprised that i was 3rd highest overall for land coming oop. i was 1200 acres then and still am cause i waited for the rest of my kd to catch up.

Thread Information