Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnome/Artisan Build

Banned
    I love homes. Home allow one to maintain a good BE while keeping a large draft. But they will limit one's max income. However most of the times that income lost would have been lost anyways.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    I love homes. Home allow one to maintain a good BE while keeping a large draft. But they will limit one's max income. However most of the times that income lost would have been lost anyways.
    they can also reduce the effeciveness of your buildings if you run too many of them =)
    more than 15-20% is never a good idea

Banned
    greenie I don't know where you learn that homes reduce the effectiveness of one's buildings. That is incorrect. Homes have always been there to make a province stable. Back in they day I used to keep lots of homes to keep my happiness level maxed. And now I keep homes to keep my RawBE maxed. I had a person a long time ago tell me the same thing you just said about over 20% home lowers one's effectiveness of one's buildings. That person was skilled player on my level. We were in the same kingdom. I did a survey of his lands to see what he was running and to my disbelief he was running the same build as me. So I attack and took him out. I did that because he was giving his own team mate information that he knew was bad information.
    You can't believe thing you hear even if it is from a skilled player. If I'm saying I use homes in all my build. See if I'm on the level by using home for one age.

Enthusiast
    He must not have been very skilled to get killed by you.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    greenie I don't know where you learn that homes reduce the effectiveness of one's buildings. That is incorrect. Homes have always been there to make a province stable. Back in they day I used to keep lots of homes to keep my happiness level maxed. And now I keep homes to keep my RawBE maxed. I had a person a long time ago tell me the same thing you just said about over 20% home lowers one's effectiveness of one's buildings. That person was skilled player on my level. We were in the same kingdom. I did a survey of his lands to see what he was running and to my disbelief he was running the same build as me. So I attack and took him out. I did that because he was giving his own team mate information that he knew was bad information.
    You can't believe thing you hear even if it is from a skilled player. If I'm saying I use homes in all my build. See if I'm on the level by using home for one age.
    If homes take up too much of your land, your other buildings are more effective, but provide less bonus than if you had less homes and more of that building. So in that sense, homes can reduce the effectiveness of buildings.

Post Fiend
    The Province of Red Mist
    [http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.92 Beta]

Server: World of Legends (Age 40)
    Utopian Date: April 3rd, YR5
    RL Date: September 15th, 2008 (8:00 GMT)
    Origin: Unformatted (1st hand)

Ruler Name: Lord i suck hard
    Personality & Race: The Artisan, Gnome
    Land: 1,873 Acres
    Money: 184,706gc (55,280gc daily income)
    Food: 207,271 bushels
    Runes: 77,493 runes
    Population: 55,321 citizens (29.54 per Acre)
    Peasants: 24,087 (108% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: -309,463gc

ME+Stance (no spells): 122.67% off. / 126.28% def.
    Soldiers: 1,179 (56.5% estimated draft rate)
    Halflings: 0
    Pikemen: 2,649 (16,726 defense)
    Golems: 27,406 (168,097 offense / 173,041 defense)
    War-Horses: 2 (up to 2 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 0

Total Modified Offense: 169,546 (90.52 per Acre)
    Practical (50% elites): 85,497 (45.65 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 191,256 (102.11 per Acre)
    Practical (50% elites): 104,735 (55.92 per Acre)

HINT: To include thieves/mages estimation in report,
    copy target's kingdom page before copying the CB.

** Export Line [ver 14] -- Crystal-Ball [ver 36]: **
    lD]KRh1/L8Z]kstb6D\3SSLL,Z\*29l/qle1tjPsg*|ivLn7E
    vxnjSbacxZRGxz/hZ87}-CZ*Is

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate1316 View Post
    If homes take up too much of your land, your other buildings are more effective, but provide less bonus than if you had less homes and more of that building. So in that sense, homes can reduce the effectiveness of buildings.
    pretty much =)

Banned
    If you are going to post my stat post the current stats. Those are way off.

Fate1316 it depends on how one looks at him. I have over 66k pop at 1873 acres. At is all dude to homes. My MODBE is 108% and I'm running 13%Tgs and 13%Forts. Some one with 85% BE would need 17.4%Tgs. and Forts to have the same affect that my forts and tgs do.
    Last edited by vines; 15-09-2008 at 09:09.

You only need as much homes as you need to acheive max or near max BE.

Banned
    If want wants to run a 62% draft and keep 100% RawBE. One needs 30% homes.

Sir Postalot
    vines, if you dropped your homes back to 20% your could get 18% TG's and forts
    and there is no way in hell your BE would drop from 108% to 85% =)
    therefore, you are wasting land

Banned
    Yeah you're wrong about that. It would most likely drop lower than 85%. Say what you want it's not going to change anything that I'm going with my province.

Sir Postalot
    considering i have a 65% draft on my human prov atm, with ~80% raw BE and no homes, there is no way in hell a gnome with 20% homes and 62% draft will go lower than 85% =P

Banned
    May Raw military (only specs and elites) is 65% add my thieves and wizards it's well over 70%. If I were to raze my homes and only keep 20% homes my military would most likely be near or over 99% draft. That would be a very dumb move on my part to do.

Will you ever stop spitting lies and stupid stuff, vines?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information