Thread: Expose Thieves

Expose Thieves

Exactly how does this spell work? I heard it takes out between 2-10% of a target's stealth with each cast;

And also, I was wondering if this would be a good strategy; the thing is, our kingdom has like 10 DE/Mystics and not enough thieves.

So would it be smart if, say, we assigned two /M's to each thief in the opposite kingdom, and had each /M cast 6 expose thieves a day (for a total of 12 casts)? This would do a fair job of crippling enemy thieves, right?

I'd like your opinion. Thanks!

Post Fiend
    in my experience, it is not good because combined with natural rate of failure, you lose as much mana as you destroy their stealth

1. Yes, it destroys some stealth (about ~10% of the current mana/stealth if i remember correctly). Sabotage wizards works the same way but for mana instead (not sure n the numbers thought).
    2. I think you can use that mana on better things.

Post Demon
    It's very useful against people you suspect to have a lot of stealth. One such situation could be at the beginning of a war for example. As with everything else it depends on the situation though. If you feel the enemy gnomes will do more damage than your DE's, Exposing their thieves is a good option

Regular
    It is a very, very useful spell.

It lowers the target's current stealth by a % of the current stealth.
    Last I checked, which was a couple ages ago, it got rid of 10% stealth.

You cast it on someone with 100% once, they go to 90%, again, they go to 81%. You get the idea.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

its 15% so if ur target starts at 100%, 15 successful ETs will dry him.

15% now?
    Jesus, that makes it even better.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

well my question is should we incorporate it into the kingdom strategy for each /M to drop 5-6 expose thieves a day on an active gnome /T? (2 mages assigned to each /T).... assuming they have like 5 Gn/Rogues...

The thing is our kingdom has only 3 Gnomes and pretty much like 10 DE/Mystics, along with a couple orcs with pitifully low thief defense.

I think it would be worth a little bit of mana to shield our provinces from the majority of nightstrikes, which IMO are way better than fireballs. we stopped even using nightmare, because the troops nightmared just come back anyway.

it's not a hard spell to cast, a little bit harder than storms. 2% mana <<< 8% stealth.

oh and can anyone confirm exactly HOW much stealth it gets rid of? i see a lot of mixed answers here.

Veteran
    I think its a good idea mow with your kd setup. You'll have to do your best to track the enemy gnomes online pattern, cuz you dont want to be casting it after he already did his ns run, and if the gnomes are on all the time, dont bother. Get the gnome who's afk for 12 hours. Tracking it is a pain though, if its too cumbersome, just FB one of the gnomes with the extra mana in your kd. Another option is to do the expose runs at the start of war, but then go to FBing on the later mana runs.

Thread Information