Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons

Regular

Dungeons

I've just noticed that prisoners add zero NW, which is very intriguing. Since I've never utilized them before, could someone please explain how they work? Thanks!

Banned
    If I were to use dungeons it would have to be no less than 5%-10% to make it worth it. I have not figured out how to make 30% dungeons work. The main power that the dungeons has is that it fills jobs can brings income. When I first started my build I had about 10% dungeons this would allow me to run a 90% draft while still have a good daily income because I filled the dungeons I would have filled jobs, maintaining a strong econ, and if I needed a little extra fire power well I could lighten the dungeons up a little bit. However, for this build to work one needs to be in a kingdom that is warring 24/7. So I found out for the kingdom I'm in it is best to lose the dungeons. But I think that answers your question. The use of Dungeons are there for a province running a super heavy military. I would say anything past 77%-78% draft is heavy military. That's why in running my province I try to keep below 80% draft other wise that's when I need to start using dungeons. A province in a warring kingdom could run a draft around 90% while keeping RawBE at 100% and wages 200%, while making enough money to train troops or build up a little land. However this kind of strategy takes much skill and lots of planing and understanding about the game. Dungeons are an advance building. Homes and dungeons are what separate the very best from the rest.

Post Fiend
    You can never fill up your dungeons more than 3%, even as an orc I have tried

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ROFL vines always makes me laugh

Post Fiend
    agreed. jolt forums wouldnt be the same without him

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by agesdg View Post
    I see. That's a shame, I had so high hopes for Dungeons. Oh well...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by agesdg View Post
    Shows what you know. Like I said my strategy was to use about 10% dungeons and in the begin thats what I did and I had no problem keeping my dungeons. And had bigger acres dungeons are easier to fill. However, like I said our kingdom does not spend most of our time in war so there is not need for dungeons.
    Chedrah read my first post. It tells when dungeons should be used. Agesdg, says things such as one can't fill more than 3% dungeons as if that was fact. I have filled up 10% dungeons with this gnome I'm using this age. Dungeons should be used to keep one's econ healthy. However filling dungeons works best when one already have a big military. What's a big military over 77%.
    Last edited by vines; 16-09-2008 at 15:48.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They weren't full Vines.

I'm not even gonna argue, everyone is already in agreement that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Banned
    Palem how the heck would you know. I'm trying to answer the guy's question you are saying things you have no clue about.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    Shows what you know. Like I said my strategy was to use about 10% dungeons and ...
    vines, Thank you for your replies. By your experience, how often and what kind of targets would one need to attack in order to keep 10% dungeons at full capacity while growing with a steady pace (say, 100 acres/day) at the same time?

LOL? This is amusing.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    you are saying things you have no clue about.
    I've been playing this game for awhile and used dungeons many times. I attack plenty since my kd likes to play war. I know how tough it is to keep dungeons running, thus I DO at the very least have a "clue" what I'm talking about.

Since the rest of Utopia, past and present, agrees with me, you would be the one that appears to have no clue what you're talking about.

Post Fiend
    i didn't know you couldn't have more than 3%, doesn't matter anyway i only ever ran 3%.

Banned
    Well that's too bad for you because I've had much better experience using dungeons. Who says everyone agrees with you? I can't speak for any one else but myself and I've had 10% dungeons filled before. My main reason for dungeons is not for extra attack power but for extra econ support. Right now I could build dungeons I wouldn't us any of the prisoners because my military makes it's attack with out using mercs. However, I will don't that because I only using dungeons if I plan on going over 77% military.

Post Fiend
    My main reason for dungeons is not for extra attack power but for extra econ support.
    banks?

where's the forehead slap? QUICK!

Thread Information