Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons

Banned
    Banks do not help with filling jobs so BE and BE has to do with econ, and banks don't help with giving extra attack power if the need comes up. Dungeons are for a provinces that is heavy military power. Banks are for a province that wants to learn lots of science or is exploring.

Post Fiend
    thats not what you said.

Banned
    Dude one can not have a strong econ if one has so many jobs unfilled that rawBE drops.

Banks provide around 3 times the money of dungeons, including the flat rate and % component.

Dungeons provide 10 jobs, as opposed to homes filling an extra 8. However, dungeons provide 25 jobs so dont help BE anywhere near as much as homes. They do provide more income in the form of jobs though.

Dungeons need to be filled through combat and the prisoners can be sacrificed effectively as 1 merc per prisoner.

You need to decide if your making attacks often enough for prisoners to be more useful than peasants and banks.

Im running 1.5% at the mo so theyre always filled, but I would consider running anywhere up to 10% if I had room for them. If theyre full its income, but if theyre empty its wasted space.

Sir Postalot
    hehe, so many silly people here...
    for once, vines is right, its possible to fill 10% dungeons...
    you just dont send prisoners out, which completely defeats their purpose...

When I first started my build I had about 10% dungeons this would allow me to run a 90% draft
    Maybe you should do some calculations before you start posting those posts vines... Feel sorry if there is a n00b who actually do what you say someday...

Banned
    The strategies I talk about are not for the noob, or the expert. However the new players will benefit more reading my post talking about my strategy and how I handle myself. Not that they will use my strategy but hearing about the player's strategy will sink in more and will take on more meaning as they become more skilled and they understanding of the game becomes more complete. It will not benefit the expert as much because an expert is more set in his or her own ways so my information will fly over most of the experts' heads. In a few ages the experts of today will find themselves out finessed and out classed by the newbis of today. At that point I will find myself leaning things from the newbis of today. And the experts of today will be faced with a choice adjust a new level of play or struggle and eventually leave the game because they can't cope with the newer styles of play.

Regular
    vines, dont get discouraged by others criticising you. You may be wrong most of the time but at least you are trying to do things in a different view. This type of creative thinking can make really exciting new strategies (even tough they fail most of the time), while most of the criticiser are just dumb to figure out things, they will always be conservative copyguys (i think Ishandra was the only one who provided logical discussion).

Maybe the strat would worth a try, using high hospitals (if they decrease prisoners losses) have good thievery protection (to avoid them being released) and by keep hitting gnomes with TW on (more losses = more prisoners).

So, ignore others. Just do it.

Edit: and keep us updated how its going:)
    Last edited by insane33; 17-09-2008 at 06:38.

Veteran
    So you think that you are one of the "experts of today"? I am somewhat skeptical of that.

Anyway, you can fill up dungeons rather quickly by attacking gnomes with TW on. But since this is rather impractical I wouldn't really say that it is viable to run more than a few % dungeons. Vines ideas about dungeons being for "elite" players is bs.

Edit: looks like I posted at the same time as insane. Hospitals don't decrease prisoner losses, and since he's playing gnome it wouldn't really matter if they did :)
    Last edited by AFKain; 17-09-2008 at 06:42.

Sir Postalot
    >insane33

you ALWAYS loose 50% of your prisoners on each attack, no ifs or buts about it, hosps mean nothing
    so the only way you can fill 10% dungeons is by not actually using your prisoners to attack until they are full
    also, @ 1000 acres, 10% dungeons holds 2000 prisoners, when each hit takes ~80-100 prisoners each, thats alot of attacking you need to do to get that many, without sending any out, plus, they would only be good for 1-2 hits, as you would be left with ~1100 then 650 prisoners =) which is why its not a good idea to run more than you can refil with 2-3 hits

Banned
    I don't know what you are guys are talking about. When I was 400acre I got over 200 prisoners on an attack. 1kacres one gets around 200-600+ prisoners. It depends on if the target you are attacking is the same size. You guys are staying things without really know. I'm talking out of experience. At 2000 acres one can get 600-1000+ prisoners. If one attacks a province much smaller you will get few prisoners. I think key is attack provinces the same size or a little bigger.

Enthusiast
    Yes vines, we are all bottomfeeders like you.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sir Postalot
    We killed about 770 enemy troops. We also imprisoned 719 additional troops in our Dungeons.
    thats a hit on a 3400 acre prov =)

450k hitting 530k (recently hit)

so, i would LOVE to see these 1000+ prisoners on a 2k acre prov =)

Regular
    Thanks for making it clear greeny. Also posting fact why doesnt it work instead of just ranting and calling vines noob. :p

As i can see there is no way this strat could work.

Just about everything vines posts is false; disputing all of his lies would take forever. Not to mention, every time someone posts a fact disproving one of his claims, vines will usually follow up with another lie. His arrogant attitude doesn't help either which is why people have lost their patience with him.

Thread Information