Thread: Running into some trouble in Gen. please check strat

Running into some trouble in Gen. please check strat

So my Gen Kingdom is running into a problem of having a much larger kingdom waving us when we had NO WAR in our kingdom name. They basically blindsided us.

After multiple message exchanges with their king, they won't back down.

Latest msg from their king is:

To The Honorable King XXXXXXXXX
    push that botton? are you scared?
    Signed, King XXXXXXX the Sorcerer of XXXXXXXXXX

Anyways, we're stuck in an hostile exchange atm. So I need someone to check/correct the calculations.
    I think now the non-TM attacks count the same on the conflict meter as the TMs, am I right?
    Decay rate still 15% per month?

Last month they are on aggressive:
    7 hits (6 TMs 1 learn)
    I count that as 14 hits.

We made 5 hits back against their king in normal stance.
    I count that as 5 hits.

Month change.
    9 * .85 = 7.65
    I decided to round down and carry 7 hits over.

This month they are at normal.
    There's a total of 5 hits so far. (all TMs, I'm not sure if this matters still)
    So that puts their total for this month at 12 hits.
    We made 4 hits (all TMs)

so we have 7 hits remaining while keeping the war button right?
    And if we decide to wave after the month change, it'll be like 5 hits remaining assuming they don't hit anymore?

oh yeah, and what's the decay rate on GB protection?

how much every 24 hours?
    How many hits per province per day would do the maximum damage in non-war situations. Keeping in mind we're limited by the amount of hits the enemy give us.

currently:
    5 hits vs. King (I think his NW dropped a little under 20%, did not keep track then. )

3 hits vs. Their biggest province (100k NW drop, 18%). Stopped since CB now show heavily hit.

1 hit vs. 3rd chain target, called off when we noticed their stance change. Saving hits for wave later.
    Last edited by Lux; 17-09-2008 at 17:42.

I think now the non-TM attacks count the same on the conflict meter as the TMs, am I right?
    No, count them as half. Not completely sure about Ambush, I count them as a quarter if it's ours or half if it's theirs to be on the safe side.

You should focus hits as little as possible, unless you can do Learn attacks. Ambush is great to minimize GB protection, make sure to ambush big hits. Don't try to chain in hostile, you won't cause any desertions unless they're small enough to raze down.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

We're losing a lot of land now though.

The opponent kingdom is still saying they'll keep hitting us until we declare war. Just a couple of hours ago they got an ally kingdom to launch another wave against us.

We don't really have any big ambushes. They are hitting us for sub 200 acres now due to the amount we're getting hit.

Unfortunately it seems unlikely that we can put a hurt on them for them to back down now. Especially now that we have fallen 400k NW in the past 24 hours compared to them only 200k.

We're considering 2 options now.
    Find a fake war with someone else in need. This should at least give us time to rebuild military and get our peasant count back up; and just pray that the -75% military effectiveness can reduce the effect of incoming attacks.

- Have entire kingdom go on vacation, I declare war. Then sit out for 2+ weeks while keeping in contact via MSN. Have a friend watch their action.
    Obviously, we would consider this because we are really pissed at them.

We can't handle 2 larger kingdoms (both very high honor too) + like 10 other random provinces opping us. So we will begin option 2 in 12 hours if we cannot get option 1 to work.

This is your reward for avoiding conflict.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Gen has less than 2 weeks left before next age doesnt it?

I'd just war em and get it over with.

Yea push the button and ride to glory and ruin!

war someone else
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Do this....

Gen requires less action to start war.
    Last edited by TehDudeAbides; 19-09-2008 at 13:50.

Thread Information