Thread: ideas of development

Post Fiend

ideas of development

here is few suggestion that i heard in IRC and that i think myself are not bad ideas indeed.
    Many people has spoken about what to do with the other servers, if we need a new one, perhaps two? many of my suggestions would be: a new server called Time Machine of Utopia that make us revive old ages starting from age 1 to wtv. Also, an other suggestion would be to add more attacks, more players in kd perhaps? a conquest system in which you could in a way start an empire(easier said than done) and leave alliances the way they are..which mean..outside the game. But starting different kind of governments with pros and cons. Taxation, economic policies and have trading or aid outside the kingdom. The imperialistic idea will proly be hard to implement but it would be nice to see kds forced to have a tag representing the kd that conquered them. thus growing the kd's economical strenght,military might depending on the type of gov etc..unless there is a revolt which is something else. lots of it is long term. but if those are there. we are talking!

note: feel free to add other suggestions, develop the ones already stated or find solutions to other problems in the game.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwarallied View Post
    Many people has spoken about what to do with the other servers, if we need a new one, perhaps two? many of my suggestions would be: a new server called Time Machine of Utopia that make us revive old ages starting from age 1 to wtv.
    I like this idea a lot.

Perhaps have different servers with various flavors and allow kingdom to switch servers once an age ends.

However, I'm thinking it might have to wait until the player base is larger, because right now, the game might not have enough players to allow for multiple servers.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwarallied View Post
    But starting different kind of governments with pros and cons. Taxation, economic policies and have trading or aid outside the kingdom.
    Isn't that the idea behind stances in a way?

Basically, your idea expends on that and makes them more intricate, more influencial on diverse aspects of the game and harder to change perhaps.

Lordwhatever
    more players in kd perhaps?
    more players per kd is a terrible idea, if anything make it less so that kds are more manageable.. its way easier to get 12 people to compete together on the same level than 25 or 40 for that matter.

Taxation, economic policies and have trading or aid outside the kingdom.

If were gonna make it a game where you do things outside of your kingdom you mightaswell scrap the kingdom all together. then it becomes who has the most friends/multies game instead of a kd game.

more players in kd perhaps?
    im going to die.. I already admit I can't handle 25 players alone, if I still want to keep my job. And now add more? OMG

Post Fiend
    as far as stances are concerned, they are purely temporary and usually reactionary effects. They mostly if not only affect military operations of all kind. and they have only flat bonuses which doesnt make it look like a real market. not that it was the purpose of it. What i do want to push foward as an idea,is a more advanced, in depth game in which no newb could just pass by and be like...yea..thats just text. you make kds vibrant, with a fluctuating economy with a market and you effectivly removes wars based on flaming or my friend tries to do this. because now there is economics to take in account which affect a lot of not almost all medieval wars at that time. imagine a world in which ABS would think twice before waving because *bruteforce* and many kds depend on that trading so they will defend. it wouldnt be any longer just friendship or biasedness. but interests to be defended. things would change dramaticly not to say that those other reasons to act militarly would be removed nor should. i could expend further on but id like to go to the next point.

About the more players in kd, that is along term thing. but it is essentially saying on your part that there isnt any solution to it? perhaps it would have been a good idea from you to try to find one. essentially, bigger kds could mean bigger management,yes. But what about the country you live in? im sure 20 million of ppl is hard to manage? yet no impossible? why? cause leadership was well managed, something we could implement as part of government policies. someone with full monarchy might enjoy full power and great benefits, but might aswell die of stress since he has to manage a large kd, not to say he wont delegate but very good players could do this. do not forget that the Holy Roman Empire was one of the largest gathering of kds known to man at this date. only match by France. the difference however is that all those kds were extremly decentralised and could all elect an emperor. wars were still happening to expend certain ppls conflicts and interest which would or wouldnt be approved depending on the emperor. This could be an idea of imperialistic idea in the game. a government inside a government. it sounds complicated but many many games including MMORPG as done such with lots of work, but yet done so with success. beside, nothing stops it to be like Starcraft which mean: triggered based. if the right requirement are met, than you could start an empire etc...which would reduce considerably the complication of it.

Raki: about the outside AID and trading. No, i disagree strongly for various points. Look at our world for instance, is it the case you see? does everyone openly gives or shares their ressources to everyone? ofc not! Does everyone HAVE to help only their friends? doesnt all kind of FWs, free hits, free plunders and alliances exists for that reason? why not make it more complicated, more thoughtful to act. more to compromise, more diplomatic and essentially a better game for all! As far as multis are concerned...OMAC proved that they can put blake and mehul to shame altogether. and i think fro mwhat i read, most if not all people are against it. not in words only but in action for I know personally many of them.

Let me expend even more for the game and hope OMAC reads it and more people can put constructive thoughts and SOLUTIONS, alternatives. we are all winners in this.
    what about an invading army? many philosophers and military strategists said, if you try to defend everything you defend nothing. that is why the principle of armies were created. to send many soldiers at one place to defend the front line against a like minded enemy! i do not believe that scotland can be attacked in one hit by italy because it is part of the kingdom of Britain. It doesnt mean im against the system put in place of provines attacks. what im trying to expend is this. ( beside also the point that attack times for smaller or bigger provinces or no gains is a bit excessive ) why not make an option of invasion. in which like a dragon, you can fund, but this time you would put parts of your standing army and the king would send when ready like a dragon. this army would give only cons to the enemy kd except a strong patriotism in the enemy camp. the cons could very well be, destructions of towers,farms and banks. conquer lands everyday divided among ppl ( not to much ofc ) until the defending lands can send a response.the defense could attack it like a province attacks a province, or create an army in the same fashion like the attacking faction. An ambush in which the defending lands would throw at the enemy one army to finish them up. the attacking camp could reinforce their armies ofc unless their armies are totally destroyed in which they would need to create an other one.An invading army could conquer a kd if the kd surrender which we could talk about later.(because for now we only have withdraw) I could expend further on on the meaning for an empire to do such or etc...but i will do this later when the opportunity comes. (also i forgot to mention, what about having a defensive dragon? to protect against an enemy invading army?) imagine if you receive this being the attacking kd.

OUR INVASION WAS SENT AT (#:#) CRUSADING IN THE NAME OF OUR NATION.
    ...BUT SOMETHING SEEMS TO GO WRONG, FOR THEY WERE MET BY A DRAGON!!
    THE BATTLE RAGE INTENSELY AND ONLY TIME CAN TELL THE OUTCOME.

feel free to expend my ideas,suggest,or find alternatives. :)
    Last edited by Lordwarallied; 19-09-2008 at 10:00.

Post Fiend
    i think also have special race bonuses would be ideal for this, cause it would mean more races needed to take advantages of those bonuses etc...we could also have sub-races.

all of this is med-long term, but if OMAC is willing to put back the dream on which they have for many of us. when they talk about trading, their change on the front page aboutt he Experience section, recongnising the tools, talking to us personally. it means stuff. i am hoping this is just the start for a great adventure!

Post Fiend
    anyone mind saying if OMAC should look into it? or give suggestion so that they can approve my thoughts if development?

Why can't you people submit good suggestions, or simply keep your fingers away from the keyboard?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Why can't you people submit good suggestions, or simply keep your fingers away from the keyboard?
    define "good". seriously. i think the devs would be better off setting the standards for "good" suggestions than sorting through the obviously (not obvious to me per se, but obviously obvious to experienced players like yourself, VT2) "bad" suggestions posted here.

Post Fiend
    well VT2, id like to know what good have you EVER made in here? ive been reading many posts and the best it seems you write is about how you actually have no real suggestion in your head. I would honnestly agree with what you just wrote in here and say to stop writing urself in here since u r obviously of NO interest here nor for the development. Beside all of what i said.
    do you really want me to stalk ur posts and give stupid comment like this?

my comments about are clearly about development and it seems that there is absolutly no ideas really around beside the one ive put forth:(defensive dragon,imperial options, war wins bonuses etc..) also its good to note that those ideas I put forth is from many players with more experience and social skills than you. i dont see any other clear change and idea that would benefit as much as i have. but like i said. FEEL free to post something intelligent for once, to write a suggestion urself, a modification or anything else.
    Last edited by Lordwarallied; 23-09-2008 at 17:16.

Thread Information