Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Server: World of Legends (Age 40)
    Utopian Date: January 16th, YR7 (93% in the day)
    RL Date: September 26th, 2008 (21:56 GMT)

Ruler Name: The Humble Noble Lady xxx
    Personality & Race: The Shepherd, Human
    Land: 1,3k something Acres
    Money: 727gc (28,128gc daily income)
    Food: 184,597 bushels
    Runes: 2,621 runes
    Population: 37,672 citizens (27.72 per Acre)
    Peasants: 9,805 (87% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: -741,349gc (0% tax rate)

ME+Stance (no spells): 112.72% off. / 118.23% def.
    Soldiers: 1,400 (68.8% estimated draft rate)
    Swordsmen: 1,274 (7,180 offense)
    Archers: 12,486 (88,575 defense)
    Knights: 6,497 (43,939 offense / 30,726 defense)
    War-Horses: 4,525 (up to 5,100 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 269 (910 offense)

Total Modified Offense: 58,708 (43.20 per Acre)
    Practical (100% elites): 58,708 (43.20 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 120,957 (89.00 per Acre)
    Practical (0% elites): 90,231 (66.39 per Acre)

Thieves: 4,268 (3.14 per Acre / 85% Stealth)
    Wizards: 1,942 (1.43 per Acre / 64% Mana)

Crystal-Ball on your province will show:
    Max. Possible Thieves/Wizards: 7,696 (5.66 / Acre)
    Estimated Thieves Number: 3,078 (2.26 per Acre)
    Estimated Wizards Number: 1,154 (0.85 per Acre)

87% BE
    ----------------------------

** Effects Summary (Known Science Only) **
    15.2% Income (102,254 points)
    10% Building Effectiveness (86,366 points)
    9.3% Population Limits (179,854 points)
    23.6% Food Production (11,503 points)
    6.4% Gains in Combat (22,846 points)
    45.6% Thievery Effectiveness (50,309 points)
    26.3% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production (24,047 points)

------------------------------

1. Farms: 43 (3.2%)
    2. Banks: 243 (17.9%) + 50 in progress (+3.7%)
    3. Training Grounds: 92 (6.8%)
    4. Armouries: 103 (7.6%) + 57 in progress (+4.2%)
    5. Forts: 178 (13.1%)
    6. Hospitals: 124 (9.1%)
    7. Guilds: 97 (7.1%) + 80 in progress (+5.9%)
    8. Towers: 87 (6.4%)
    9. Watchtowers: 111 (8.2%)
    10. Stables: 76 (5.6%)
    11. Dungeons: 18 (1.3%)

Total Land: 1,3k something Acres

I'm currently rebuilding from a war, so that's why the build looks like it does. However a good build strat wouldn't be bad after I'm done with the rebuilding.

I have alot of def specs, and some will be converted into knights when I got the income for it and my draft reaches 70%.

Any advice will be welcome.

3 tpa, 10% WT and TD looks like a mismatch.

Standard A/t off the top of my head:
    3% farms
    10% homes
    10% banks
    15% TG
    10% forts
    10% thieves dens
    10% barracks
    10% hospitals
    5% stables
    2% dungeons
    5% towers
    10% guilds

8 dspa ~ 56 DPA
    7 epa ~ 60 OPA
    3 tpa ~ 5-6 TPA
    1.5 wpa ~ 1.5 WPA
    8.5 ppa ~ 90% BE
    28 PPA

Not rocket science by any means, but should be in the right direction for a well-rounded province.
    Last edited by Catwalk; 26-09-2008 at 22:04.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I don't have any TD's right now. I'm turtled up, was running 10% td's in the war. Only need about 3% farms right now, so that frees up more space. WT's are being removed slowly, were built in the war cuz I got sick of being NS'd by one specific gnome. :P

I should actually run homes? I haven't had homes since the very beginning. What exactly is the benefits to 10% homes cept for some extra peasants and a slight increase in BE?

Homes are debatable, many will tell you not to run any. Homes pretty much are some extra peasants and a slight increase in BE, that's the point ;) and a birth rate increase.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Sir Postalot
    50 dpa (7.5-8 d-specs/acre) max =)

with 70% Draft you wont be able to afford to train all those elites, especially recovering from a war. You should pump some homes and banks, then switch the homes to armouries, build your elites, slowly raise draft up to 65-70 then swap your armouries for hospitals before warring.

I dont know how long you'll survive on 70% draft and no homes though. BE is gunna drop to around 60-70%, your income will be terrible, TG/Forts/Hosps wont be as effective and you'll struggle to rebuild your army if you start taking hits.

Postaholic
    actually for human/shep a/t, i would recommend u run something like this

1. Farms: 30 (3%)
    2. Banks: 100 (10%)
    3. Training Grounds: 200 (20%)
    4. Barracks: 100 (10%)
    5. Forts: 50 (5%)
    6. Hospitals: 100 (10%)
    7. Guilds: 130 (13%)
    8. Towers: 20 (2%)
    9. Thieves' Dens: 150 (15%)
    10. Stables: 100 (10%)
    11. Dungeons: 20 (2%)

and lower ur draft to 64% (if u want to run 70% draft then swap banks for homes)

the reason my strat is different from catwalks is because of the following:

1) u cannot have all 3 of military/thief/economy. as a/t, ur best bet is to sacrafise economy, because if u sacrafise military then it could be very dangerous. i put 0% homes for 64% draft is because ur BE will still survive, and u dont need the BR bonus because u can kidnap if necessary. as for the extra pop, its nice and shiny but unfortunately its just not a war bonus and those extra pop wont make a difference

2) i only put 5% fort instead of catwalk's 10%. it might not give u the best statistics, but u will NOT start the war as unbreakable. the difference between 53dpa and 55dpa will not protect u from attackers wth 70dpa, but it will also not make the difference between breakable and unbreakable, especially when u have control over ur flexible elites, u can keep enough at home to avoid double taps (or stay unbreakable if permits). if sometime in the middle of the war u realize u have a chance to become unbreakable (or to be pumped to unbreakable) then u can just put incoming land to forts. this is for start of war only.

3) i put 10% stables instead of 5% like catwalk suggested, because altho u can play around with defense, u really cant afford to sacrafise offense. IN THEORY homes will provide u more offense IF u draft higher and put all those extra peasants into military but in reality it just dont work as nice as it sounds.

4) i put more guilds and less towers because u really dont need to cast that much spells. u can always steal in war. human a/t cannot dedicate 100% of stealth to NS anyway, its best that they do a little bit of stealing and kidnapping to replenish themselves, otherwise their tpa will drop too fast. as for more guilds, higher success rate and longer self spell definitely helps, especially after u have incoming land. 10% guild just wont cut it

as for elite/defense ratio, i would go 1:1 elite/defense or more elites than defense. because in war its better to have an excess of elites and only train def specs (for general circumstances. of course there are also situations where u need to only train offense)

Do you not find it a bit pointless to play human if your are sacrificing your economy for thievery? I would probably run my T defensively with 2 raw tpa and some (10%?) WT and thievery science. You can still kidnap and NS on weak targets but you shouldnt take much T damage.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    Do you not find it a bit pointless to play human if your are sacrificing your economy for thievery? I would probably run my T defensively with 2 raw tpa and some (10%?) WT and thievery science. You can still kidnap and NS on weak targets but you shouldnt take much T damage.
    or you can run 3tpa + 60-70% science and 10% td's and steal OOW, and do some minor NS in war...

Postaholic
    just because u start the war with a strat that sacrafises economy doesnt mean u will finish the war that way

Im not saying human is bad at T by any means, but why be human if your not maxing out with the banks and income science?

I'm sure it works fine just not sure you couldn't do another job a tiny bit better.

2 raw TPA and thievery sci + TD is sufficient to do NS without taking much thievery damage unless you face an all gnome kd. Human (and really anything other than gnomes) as A/Ts are situational imo, based on
    (1) who you war
    (2) your science level - by this time on wol most humans should imo have 500 bpa, if not more
    (3) honor.

Im not saying human is bad at T by any means, but why be human if your not maxing out with the banks and income science?

I'm sure it works fine just not sure you couldn't do another job a tiny bit better.
    Humans as everyone know has the best economy. For that, I would play them as attackers from the start. With honor though, their science bonus really means they do become effective hybrids. But at this stage, as a human (assuming you didn't have a late start) you should not have a problem playing A/T.

Postaholic
    human is a great a/t personality. they are not quite as good at thief as gnomes, but due to strong specs and good economy, human a/t can draft higher and have more military than other races and still maintain good thief ability (strong economy can be seen in two ways. one is u maximize that bonus with banks and low draft, the other is u draft higher than others and still have superior economy over them)

and sry puppy 2tpa + td is not enough. i would say at least 3 raw tpa is needed to NS well, and take incoming land and thief loss into consideration, 4 raw tpa is recommended to start the war

Makes sense :)

Thread Information