Thread: Never Ending

Never Ending

How long has it been since I had last seen him. Three years maybe. No it must have been longer. Oh I can not remember!

The picture in my hands paled in comparison to the man I had once known. Watler Jamason was a man I could have counted on at any moment in time. He always wore straight collared shirts, black slacks, and a cocky grin. His eyes burned a hole into what ever he happened to be looking at. Most importantly my soul. He was like that with every one. He always seemed to know what your true intentions were. He laughed, running his hands through his long black hair when ever he figured someone out.
    Gahh what am I thinking!
    I tore the frail picture in a last ditch effort to forget him. The chopped pieces falling to the carpet below my feet. I stepped away from the desk and out the door of my bedroom.

I lived alone in a tiny apartment with very little in the way of furniture. A futon against the far wall and a tiny T.V. I never watch. The kitchen was connected to the living room by a small island. The kitchen wasn't much better than the rest of the place. A few dusty cups and plates in the cupboards, and a well used coffee maker. My only joy in life.

I stepped into the kitchen with a heavy sigh. My reflection bouncing back at me from the window near the coffee maker. Gahh, Do I really look like that? My short reddish brown hair was matted from a night of restless sleep. The over sized t-shirt I wore definitely had seen better days.
    I need coffee.

Before I could even reach for the filters, the door bell rang.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 01-12-2008 at 06:00. Reason: made spelling corrections/rewrite

It was just like me to lose my cool in a moment like this. It is too soon. I am not ready. The door bell rang again. I just stood there, clenching my fists together into tight balls. I closed my eyes and willed the person to leave. Hoped that he or she would think I was not home.

"Go away," I whispered under my breath. I reached for the filters. I took one out and opened the lid to coffee maker.

BANG!! BANG! BANG!

I jumped, bringing my arms in towards my chest, backwards straight into a wall. My heart threatened to thump its way out. I groaned as I tasted sweet metallic liquid on my tongue.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    Last edited by Wildfire; 30-09-2008 at 06:44.

I swallowed and found a lump in my throat. I don't want to answer the door. I just stood there against the wall.

The banging stopped. silence.

Then I heard it. I heard a sound I was very familiar with. There was no mistaking the cocking of a Gun. I couldn't help myself from grinning. Shooting through locked doors was only Hollywood reality.

I don't remember locking the door behind me when I came home last night. I cursed; my grin faded.

The door knob shook. I cursed again. Slowly I slid down the wall to my knees. The door being visible from the kitchen; I didn't have many places to hide. Did I want to hide? Slowly I slid right behind the Island that divided the kitchen and the living room. I heard the door open. Heavy foot falls entered the apartment.

I held my breath.

Judging by the foot falls I could tell it was a male, about 220 pounds. I heard short grunt like breathes. Definitely a smoker, definitely not a professional. The foot steps came closer and closer. I would only get a moment to react.

The Intruder stepped around the corner to look into my kitchen. Fortunately, as novice as he was, he didn't see me. Moron! Quickly, I grabbed onto the Island above and pushed my self up, kicking my right leg up. I gained enough force to kick the gun right out of his hands.

His face shot in my direction. For a moment I could see the shock in his eyes but it quickly faded. He lunged at me.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 01-12-2008 at 06:02. Reason: Rewrite

I rolled towards the gun, but I was not quick enough. I was jerked backwards. I screamed as a large chunck of my hair was now balled in the intruder's fingers.

" Where do you think your going?" His voice was excited. Sicko!

I reached back to pull his hands free, but his grip was a tight as a vice. He laughed. With no care at all, he pulled me to my knees. Quickly he reached down and grabbed my by throat. I chocked, as he forced me to my feet.

"beeeegggg" He purred into my ear as he pulled me into the curve of his body. I wrinkled my nose at his smell.

“Who the F*** are you?" My eyes darted from side to side. I had nothing use as a weapon. He laughed again.

Moron!

"You’re not in any position to be asking questions." Letting go of my hair, he slid his hand up my bare thigh.

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. I didn’t. "Gross, I don’t know where you've been." He gripped harder around my throat. I gasped for air, and he slammed the back of my head into the wall, were I had been standing earlier.

“I know where I am going to be." He breathed into my face; his hand sliding farther and farther. I wanted to gag.

I was now only faintly aware of the kitchen, and the man who pressed against me. What a sucky way to die. Isn’t this what I wanted? To die? maybe, but not like this. A blackness began to invade.

I screamed as a sharp pain engulfed by shoulder.

“Now, Now, I can’t have you falling unconscious. Where would the fun be in that?"

He bit me. The son of B****, bit me. The darkness retreated. Blood ran down my shoulder, staining my shirt. Again I tried to shove him away, but he only held tighter. If I start to black out again, he would so something to bring me back. I had to beat him to the chase.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 02-10-2008 at 01:22.

I struggled against him. It only made him more excited. He reached down to unzip and pull down his pants. I took that moment to get a one up on him.

He gasped as I reached down and grabbed him; twisting as hard as I could. He yelped. I swung my elbow. I knocked him straight in the jaw. He let go of me and took a step back.

In that instant the window shattered. Brain matter splattered across my face. The now lifeless body of the intruder collapsed to the floor. A pool of blood filled in around his head.

What the F***?

I stared at the body on the floor then leaned down beside it. A bullet hole was visible dead center of the temple. A perfect shoot. I looked up through the window. Was there another bullet for me? I stood slowly.

Ring. Ring.

I turned on my heels forgetting the dead man on my kitchen floor. The phone was in the living room.

Ring. Ring.

I stepped out into the living room and walked to my tiny T.V.

Ring. Ring.

My hand hesitated over the receiver. I licked my lips. Who would be calling me? My answering machine was broken. Damn blocked I.D.

Ring. Ring.

I picked up and put it to my ear.

“He won’t be the last, Signey. Be Careful.” My heart skipped a beat. I knew that voice better than any one.

“Walter?” The phone line went dead. “WALTER!”

Slowly I let the phone drop from my hand. I turned back towards the kitchen. I knew exactly why there was a dead body on my floor. I thought that chapter of my life was closed. I was wrong. I walked back into the kitchen. Kneeling again by the body, trying very hard not get any more blood on me. I failed.

I began to search the body. I hoped to find anything that might lead me to my answer. After a moment of searching I found a wallet in one of the pockets. I opened it up. I found five hundred dollars in cold hard cash. Yippee. I started to pull out some old warn out business cards. I looked at the names carefully. I did not recognize any of them. However, I did find an address on the back of one of them.

4596 Chris Avenue APT #5
    Los Angeles, California

I put the card back, closing the wallet. There was no identification for the man on my floor. Loser. I searched his pockets again, rolling him over. I found what I was looking for, a key. Bingo!

I stood up and headed into the bedroom. I opened my closet and pulled out my only suit case. I packed as many clothing items as I could into it, than I changed into something fresh. After a quick wash and brushing of the hair, I had everything I needed, including the man's wallet and gun.

"Los Angels here I come" I walked out the door.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 01-12-2008 at 06:04. Reason: rewrite

I walked away from the apartment, across the small courtyard, and out the front of the complex. The street was not very busy. Several cars lined the sidewalk. I turned to head towards my car, but some thing caught my eye. A Big Black Van.

You have got to be kidding me.

I changed course.

The van stuck out like a sore thumb. The windows were all covered and the license plate was missing. I smirked heading straight to the drivers side. I tried the door, and found it unlocked. Lucky me. I threw my suite case in the passenger seat and jumped into the drivers. I pulled my attackers key out of my pocket and leaned forward to see if it fit into the ignition. I was surprised to find a set already there. Moron!

I started the van, and buckled my seat belt. For a moment I thought about my own car sitting in it assigned spot. Not to mention the dead body in my apartment. I bit my lip. There would not be any one visiting anytime soon, but sooner or later the smell would be too great to ignore. There was no turning back now.

I shifted out of park, and drove away.
    Last edited by Wildfire; 01-12-2008 at 06:06. Reason: Spelling demons/Rewrite

Quickly I glanced down to see if there was a radio. There was one, so without taking my eyes off the road I turn the knob to the right. It was static at first, but I knew the station I wanted to turn to.

I need the noise.

I scanned my memory for anything useful. I was a fool to think that the Organization would just let me go. Of course they would want to get rid of me. They were a secret so they had to make sure that no information was leaked. It didn’t matter that all evidence of what I had been doing for years had been completely destroyed six months ago.
    Bastards. I remember the explosion and watching the headquarters going down in flames like it was yesterday.

I came to a stop at the light right before the freeway. Los Angels was quite a ways away and the freeway was the only way to travel. It would take me a few days to get there. Did I know how to get there? Not really, but I will find a way. Did I know what I would find once I got there? Not exactly but, I will make it work.

I looked out the window to my left. The woman in the car next to me, singing along with her music, was so ignorant. I wish I could be. I sighed, and the light turned green. As I entered the free way I turned the radio up as load as my ears would allow.

Thread Information