Thread: Human Greedy Goldmining build?

Human Greedy Goldmining build?

HI guyz and galz, Im a newb obviously and in need of some advice on my main strategy. I've been playing 5 days or so now(great game)and I picked human because of their income bonuses. Mainly I want my strategy to be highly gold oriented so I can tech very fast. This in the longrun will yield me strong science bonusus which should be invaluable when I am ready for war Mssive gold can then be used 2 feed my Military and continue pumping troops during war.

In the end my strategy should be tech first and kill with superior economy/research later.

This is my theory of what should work.

IF it can/does any feedback on the subject or strategies would please me a great deal =).

Thanks!

Veteran
    This used to be a very sound strategy before the science system was changed to what we have now. Back then you could buy science at a fixed price of 12 gc/book which made it easy to get large amounts of science.

Nowadays I think you will have to make quite a large commitment if you want this to work and you'll likely have to try to stay at roughly the same acre size all the time since growing lowers your science/acre which determines your bonuses. If you're prepared to do that the strategy could work. You probably have to make sure that your province can function as an attacker at the same time as you are pumping science though, otherwise your kingdom mates might not be too happy with you.

Thread Information