Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnomes VS Orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    As waheed said, in the end if both kingdoms know what they are doing the Orc kingdom will likely withdraw at minimum time or soon after, having gained very good land but also lost quite a bunch of honor.
    why would the orc kd wd??? and if the orc kd wont wd and keep gaining more and more acres (ignore the honor for a moment) then they will be so big that the gn kd cant win

if both side hit the same amount of hits (both side good) and every wave or day they gain will be 1:1.3 so its 1.3X1.3X1.3.... evey wave
    dont forget about the plagues all the time ;)

no way the GN kd will win an orc kd if the orc kd know what they are doing!!!
    that is that simple... end of discussion :P

Veteran
    Your questions were answered in the first paragraph of the post by Toadi that you are quoting. The orcs are withdrawing because their gains have peaked, in the long run it is likely that the gnomes can regain acres. In a war with pure attackers vs A/ts a short war is desirable for the attackers.

well i dont agree but ok :)

btw i think orc 30% gains is too much it should be 20-25% max
    what do you think?

The gains bonus doesnt let you go above cap so its fine.

And just to stir up some arguement, what is the gnomes NSed enough of the biggest few orcs troops so the biggest Gnomes became unbreakable? They could maintain constant NS and hits to keep the orcs down if they chained well enough, in theory ;)

ishandra,
    that is what most likely will happen and what some people in the thread realize while others seem totally oblivious about.. gnomes can turtle up unbreakables way easier than orcs can and can maintain pressure up longer with their cheap thieves first and foremost (elite costs help too ofc, but not as much)

If i where the leader of the orc kd i would run massacre chains first 30 hours,with 25 orc warriors would make 75 massacre(even more if some1 gets the plague and thats 100% sure with 25 orcs hitting) hits the first 30 hours assuming both sides are hyperactive. everyone say it's so easy for gnomes to NS but i would just have my orcs running 2-3 tpa raw + 15% watchtowers... Biggest problem with +30% gains is that your building % drops too much

Post Fiend
    Definitely for good kingdoms, their gnomes are mostly sheppies i assume, so no fear of plague and they can repop and grow their provs way faster than the orcs can...

if both side hit the same amount of hits (both side good) and every wave or day they gain will be 1:1.3 so its 1.3X1.3X1.3....
    An Orc does not gain 30% more than what the enemy Gnome does. An Orc only gets 30% more than what the regular traditional march would have gotten him otherwise. When we factor NW and land differences in the equation, sometimes 100% of something is much more than 130% of something else. A 2500 acres Gnome with 475K NW will gain more off a 4000 acres Orc with 475K NW too than the other way around. This is the reason why Gnomes would win in the long run.

no way the GN kd will win an orc kd if the orc kd know what they are doing!!!
    that is that simple... end of discussion :P
    You are still wrong. Even after using "end of discussion".

everyone say it's so easy for gnomes to NS but i would just have my orcs running 2-3 tpa raw + 15% watchtowers...
    Last war I had 3 TPA raw and 15% Watchtowers. I still had 35K troops NS'ed. Good Gnomes get through this pretty easily.

As Toadi said, gnomes can get through any thief defense orcs have. There really isn't much difference between 2 or 3 raw tpa - it is all about WTs.

As has been said many a time, orcs would win in a short war because the gnomes would not be able to keep up with gains. However, after a few days the riots/NS would start to take effect on the orcs, and the orc WT % would go down as they took land (opening them up to more ops). After a few days the orcs would be landfat with small military, while the gnomes would have a few unbreakables. Gnomes would definitely win over a long war.

Regular
    ORcs warrior with BANKs and Homes. Notthing gnome can do. steal peasant all they want. NS all they want . orc will just retrain. now whats left is traditional vs traditional . and orc got+30 bonus. and do nice chain and effective. Gnome hurt big time when they loss acer since +15% and so depends acre big time. If orc get big Wpa tpa drop. let it drop. orc keep acer for banks meaning more money. BUT it all depends on kingdom strategy and player skill
    Last edited by SexyOne; 08-10-2008 at 23:39.

Postaholic
    SexyOne is almost correct.

his only mistake is its not "gnomes can NS/kidnap all they want and do no damage". they will still do quite a bit of damage. however its one of the two methods that orcs can stand a chance vs gnomes (the other method is WT+sapphire dragon. WT alone is not enough).

ill just emphasize "its the only way orcs can stand a chance against gnomes" once again. it does not mean orcs will pwn gnomes (please do not say stuff like "my kd is orcs and we pwned gnomes", i am talking about orcs vs gnomes, same size, same readiness, same skill. if u pwned gnome kd with orcs then u pwned someone weaker than u)

which is why, orc wins if you base a withdraw on land gained, cuz an orc will have it, but a gnome doent have to withdraw, because eventually, its possible to get it all back and more, though at that point orc withdraws before it happens.

Banned
    This is an impossible question because only reason any kingdom wins over another kingdom is because they had an edge.

Veteran
    But in cases such as these we try to limit that edge to racial reasons...

Banned
    Then it will be a draw because being even is much like having a tie and in a tie no one wins.

Thread Information