Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gnomes VS Orcs

Sir Postalot
    yeah, that 130 dpa army in...
    if you attack someone, you dont have 100 DPA :)

When I said home that was typo I ment to type dumb ass
    common typo, so dont worry

Others would agree with me. Yeah people disagree all the time so whats your point?
    you said it was THE most important thing... it might be for you, or your kd, but its not the be all and end all

damn this thread keep on going :S
    btw thats remind me VT2 said in some thread here in the forum that GN cant be an attacker or was it a poor attacker lol XD

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=568152

yep ppl are funny like that here ^^
    Last edited by Bijo; 11-10-2008 at 00:35.

Banned
    The reason I see taking land as the most important thing in war is because if you take land from the opponent that they can't get back one can get more jobs and more jobs means more money more money mean one can build military units fast. Most land also mean your draft is lower. Lower draft mean cheaper to draft and fast to draft. Also with the new land one has so many more options. Too many to state in a post.
    Last edited by vines; 11-10-2008 at 02:06.

Post Fiend
    you cant draft crap if you have no peasants and your army gets nsed to hell.

Regular
    Your also not taking into account one thing and that is that you can ambush an orc like no other and not send out squat for offense/defense to do it so now they are only taking half the land they normally would take. There goes the land grab bonus.

I dont play either as i play attacker DE and I was able to ambush and traditional march an orc back to back for attacking me. But thats another story.
    The plague is a joke. Easy to remove. Least for me it has been.

Your also not taking into account one thing and that is that you can ambush an orc like no other and not send out squat for offense/defense to do it so now they are only taking half the land they normally would take. There goes the land grab bonus.

I dont play either as i play attacker DE and I was able to ambush and traditional march an orc back to back for attacking me. But thats another story.
    The plague is a joke. Easy to remove. Least for me it has been.
    You obviously never warred a good orc kd then :)

orcs - but after they take like 25% of the enemeys land growth well stagnate as the gnomes NS and then chain 1-2 orcs at a time. Orcs well keep gnomes down no problem and eventually the gnomes well WD. Mind you it makes a lot more sense to WD yourself after 3-4 days because if they are nub the gnomes can wait ~2 weeks

i told you guys already orc will always win if they are a good orc kd

the 30% gain is way too much i think 20% will fix that
    this way maybe you can win an orc kd but still it will be hard to do

btw the DE post (that Shalinder posted) was funny as hell lol rofl

No Bijo, the Orcs will gain land and withdraw after 48h, maybe 60h if they can keep up with gains for a big longer. After 72h of war the Gnomes will outgain the Orcs and recover the lost acres. The Orcs cannot keep the Gnomes down since the Gnomes can topfeed at will assuming they are using a mostly elite offense and decent thieves. Oh, and no, Watchtowers do not matter. Doesn't look like you have been involved into a serious war with Orcs facing Gnomes. My Kingdom was, and the wars ended up the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    No Bijo, the Orcs will gain land and withdraw after 48h, maybe 60h if they can keep up with gains for a big longer. After 72h of war the Gnomes will outgain the Orcs and recover the lost acres. The Orcs cannot keep the Gnomes down since the Gnomes can topfeed at will assuming they are using a mostly elite offense and decent thieves. Oh, and no, Watchtowers do not matter. Doesn't look like you have been involved into a serious war with Orcs facing Gnomes. My Kingdom was, and the wars ended up the same way.
    100% wrong!

Actually, he is 100% right.

no he is 100% wrong :)

Sir Postalot
    please procceed to tell us why he is wrong?

Regular
    he's going to say 100% wrong again.
    People just can't admit they are wrong pretty sad really.
    Pretty easy to tell actually by what he name his site.

Like what everyone says, Gnome will get the WW over the long run. A human/merc with good science can't even build on his land/military/thieves while being focused , let alone a orc. But again ppl like vine will probably come up with some magically numbers and say its achievable.

ill end it with , End of discussion too !

i already said why and i am not going to repeat it!

Thread Information