Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Elf vs Elf

Post Fiend

Dark Elf vs Elf

A kingdom of pure elf or a kingdom of pure DE

Who would win and why?

Depends who they're fighting.

Against a KD of Gnomes who need to steal runes, the DEs. Against a kingdom of Gnome attackers, the Elves cos of clearsight and troop loss differences.

I dont think KD wide race choices are very good either way.

Sir Postalot
    depends what you want to do =)
    elves for honor whoring
    DE's for the rest

Post Fiend
    Ishandra, i meant a 25 DE kd vs a 25 Elf kd

how are elves good for honor horing?
    so DE is better at basic warring and elves are good at keeping honour?

Regular
    Anyone of them could win, depending on the KD strat.

I would probably say the Elves would win cos of casualty differences but it would really depend on how well people used Rogue abilities and how well the KDs chained. It could go either way really.

And Elves aren't great honour whores really.

They're pretty even, actually - army-wise.
    Magic-wise, elf blows compared to dark elf, but the defensive spells would make the dark elves' offensive magic a whole lot less effective.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

DE's have army advantage at the start of the war. so they should be able to outgrow the elfs. If I am DE an elf my size should not be able to hit me while I should be able to hit him.

ofcourse skill and kingdom leadership is 90% of the war so these questions cannot be answered very easily.

Regular
    a DE couldnt prevent my mom from hitting him

Post Fiend
    "If I am DE an elf my size should not be able to hit me while I should be able to hit him."

i would have to call false....

if the elves are fully pumped and are A/T with 2 raw wpa. i would go with elves.

If you can break an Elf with all his elites at home, you would need to either be 30% bigger than him or using at least some elites.

If your using elites chances are he can break you back while your army is out, if your just bigger then he will hit someone else in your KD for better gains than you got on him.

DE and Elf can both turtle if theyre using an elite offence, chances are DE wont be though, so Elf will probably break the DE then take a hit back for around the same.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    A kd of anything can beat a kd of anything. It has nothing to do with race or personality or anything like that.

Assuming you have 50 players of exactly the same skill level and similar strats, I would say that the elves would prolly win. DE and Elves can run about the same offenses, so the war would drag out and the Elves loss bonus would catch up to the DE.

Like I said, and this whole thing attests to, it would be a very even match-up.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    DE's blow at turtling. 80% of De players stink also because they run 1/1 ratio of Specs and Elites

From 100 units

DE has a power ratio of 30/30 with OSpecs/Elite because they never use elites to attack

An Elf with the same ratio has either 30/50 and 0/25 with army out for 1/1 Dspec/Elite or 37.5/15 - 15/25 turtling 50%.

DE's cannot win if they cannot even break them turtling, sure you can spam NM and NS but that's too much work.
    For a DE to win they'd have to employ all 3 units of Army to break or at least employ elites which attack.

I personally dont see the reason for running 25 of either race...but pitfalls + a war hero bonus would rip through a bunch of DE....gnomes would be preferable but DE would suffer badly.

DE attackers fall almost as fast as gnome attackers in war. And since they don't turtle it is a simple process to chain 1 target after another.
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Thread Information