Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gnome question AGAIN

gnome question AGAIN

is gnome a good race for attacker?which persona is suit for it?artisan?

since elites inflate NW with 5/5 only,why should i train elites?can i just train 60% off spec and 40% def spec?
    thanks

No, gnome isn't a good race for attacking.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

wtf VT2??????

dont mind VT2 he dont know what he is talking about GN are great attackers!
    but if you want the best one you should go orc (btw orc kd is the best for this age)

gnome is pretty much even with most race (except for orc and maybe elf) if you consider only attacking

However, the main problem with them is endurance in a war. Too often, their troops die too fast due to no hosp and low birthrate even in a 48hr war...

You will definitely need elite in your army as running an eliteless army will result in low dpa/opa. For example,

Assuming you have a army of 12k ppl,

Eliteless army => 6k off spec, 6k def spec = 30k off 30def
    mixed army of ratio 1:1:1 => 4k off spec, 4k def spec, 4k elite = 40k off, 40k def

If you really wan to play gnome, play hybrid A/T with rogue as ur personality but do know that you cant really match up to any orc or elf heavy attacker in attacking role

Postaholic
    gnome merchant/shep/warrior/warhero/sage all make decent heavy attackers

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    To answer your question a little better, Gnomes can make ok attackers but their are much better choices. If you really want to help out your kd, run a Gnome/Rogue hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by lysic View Post
    Assuming you have a army of 12k ppl,

Eliteless army => 6k off spec, 6k def spec = 30k off 30def
    mixed army of ratio 1:1:1 => 4k off spec, 4k def spec, 4k elite = 40k off, 40k def
    Those numbers are a little deceptive. You would only have 40k offense if you sent out all of your leets, which would leave 20k def home, not 40. Having leets just makes your army more flexible.

Deceptive indeed only when attacking. More defense wont hurt when ur army is at home =)

the inflated nw is not a big issue if you stay near the size of you kingdommates.

If you want to go pure attacker I recommend OOW train only Elites and save any Spec credits you get for training def specs during war.

If you are going attacker only try for a War Hero...the extra spec credits will help alot for wars. warrior is nice but quick feet is nice as well.

In a longer war an Elf or an Orc would not only out gain but outlast a gnome attack for attack.
    Taking back the InternetClickME

gnomes are solid attackers, versatile at every level.

warrior/rogue are 2 nice personalities..
    the inflated nw craze isnt something you should pay much attention too.. id keep the majority of the army as elites for sure..

i dont like gnomes. well they are cuddly and short!

i like gergies, they are short and stout..

Gnomes are fine as attackers as long as you don't get into a dragged out war.

Main problems:

Fireballs.
    Chain / Semi Chains.

I normally only get hit once or twice in a war because I'm in an all orc KD and keep almost double the defense at home than most of them (I'm smart on my hits, in war I only hit guys with armies out so I can keep 50-60+ DPA at home).

I'm also a rogue with 15-16 mod TPA. I like it. People complain about losses, but it's cheap to replace anyway.

black kabal,
    gnomes are well off in long wars due to their cheap troops and thieves + ability to turtle..

Banned
    A gnome artisan can make a very good attacker. One that can go toe to toe with any orc of the same size, if played correctly.

Thread Information