Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's this ACORN story?

So what's this ACORN story?

I know that it's an organization involved with voter registration somehow, but what exactly is all the fuss about? Views from each side please, with sources.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Enthusiast
    its nothing, the country just doesnt know it yet

try

http://wordpress.com/tag/acorn-corruption/

http://theunionnews.blogspot.com/200...s-rampant.html

http://www.rottenacorn.com/

They are in heat over voter fraud and have been for years...although they get gov't funding to encourage people to vote they are heavily Democratically funded and have been known to change an election by signing up hundreds of thousands of new democrats prior to an election....The real problem i have is their direct ties to the Woods and Sen Obama specifically.
    Taking back the InternetClickME

also they fraudulently sign up people who dont exist like mickey mouse or get the same guy to sign up 70 times

since some states do not require a picture id to vote this can be a real problem and will definitely mean votes will be challenged after the election.

obama has some serious ties to acorn - including giving them money through multiple sources...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJcVgJhNaU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkUKOSnv2zY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6SI0i85QTE

thats a few of the videos - there of course are hundreds of them - i couldnt find the really good one i saw the other day though....

Post Fiend
    They are in heat over voter fraud and have been for years
    It's not voter fraud. no one has voted.
    .although they get gov't funding to encourage people to vote they are heavily Democratically funded and have been known to change an election by signing up hundreds of thousands of new democrats prior to an election....The real problem i have is their direct ties to the Woods and Sen Obama specifically.
    No, they go and get the poor and others that are unable to get in to register to vote, REGISTERED. They then spend millions VERIFYING the registrations and then report the fraudulent ones. Noting more, nothing less. A non-story.

As a matter of fact John McCain 2 years ago gave a speech to ACORN telling them what a great job and service they give to the American people.

What a evil organization that is...

You want real voting fraud just look back at the last 2 elections and the voting machine fraud.

actually there have been some early votes done by bad registrations - so there is voter fraud already -- i think the state was ohio - but i am too lazy to google it

"Only" in America could it ever be considered a democracy problem that someone gets more people to vote just because they happen to "vote for the wrong side". I thought high voting numbers were something to strive for in a democracy, guess i was wrong.

even if 100% of the new registered voters happened to be democratic i fail to see how that is a bigger problem than them not voting in first place. Is it a lesser democratic problem that a lot of potential democrats dont vote than that they do? Weird logics.
    Last edited by RAKIdaRHINO; 20-10-2008 at 23:19.

the problem is not who they vote for the problem is that they are not legally registered - which means they could be illegal aliens or they could be voting multiple times with fake names -

Post Fiend
    the problem is not who they vote for the problem is that they are not legally registered - which means they could be illegal aliens or they could be voting multiple times with fake names -
    Yes, and that happens in all elections. Republican/Democrat/Independant, doesn't matter.

actually there have been some early votes done by bad registrations - so there is voter fraud already -- i think the state was ohio - but i am too lazy to google it
    I did. Not a single hit. The only thing I found was 'fears of possible voter fraud'. That's it. Noting else.

Deters says he will prosecute anyone proven to violate state election law.

(Cincinnati) -- Early voting is done, and Election Day isn't here yet, but there are already allegations of voter fraud in ohio.

ACORN came under scrutiny in Cleveland earlier this week, after several people testified they registered to vote several dozen times on behalf of the activist group. Ohio's Secretary of State has received no complaints of voter fraud from Hamilton county.

But Prosecutor Joe Deters issued a subpoena Friday for records of voters who registered and cast a ballot on the same day, during the week-long early voting period.

Deters also serves as John McCain's southwest Ohio campaign chairman, but said in a statement released Saturday afternoon, it's his duty as county Prosecutor to investigate voter irregularities. He says his office has received "numerous credible complaints" of irregularities.

Deters says he can't talk about the investigation until it's over.

lol. Notice he is on the McCain campaign.

Post Fiend
    Deters is the Southwest Ohio chairman of the McCain-Palin campaign, leading Democrats to accuse the county prosecutor of pursuing charges for political purposes. O’Neill is a former assistant prosecutor under Deters.

That is your 1st link. Also read the title. Special prosecutor to probe alleged voter fraud in Hamilton County. Notice the words 'alleged'.

2nd link you post also says the same as the last one. It's title is also similar. Board of Elections to Discuss Possible Fraud. Note the word 'Possible'.

3rd link sheds no more light than any of the others.

actually there have been some early votes done by bad registrations - so there is voter fraud already
    Now that is your statment. No voter fraud has been proven. Only allegations.

everything in america is alleged until it goes to court - i saw an interview with a county clerk in ohio on tv who said she had at least one person vote that does not have a valid address and therefore is not registered correctly

you obviously didnt read the whole story because they clearly stated that some of the people who voted on the walkin register and vote days are not valid -

Which hardly is ACORNS problem, that seems more like a system flaw from states side. If state cant ensure people are legitimate voters go ***** at state, not ACORN. Then again, the whole registration system is retarded by default, so not much to say.

Acorn does not spend millions verifying the registrations.......the tax payers do. Acorn pay their agents based on how many registrations they can get. This in itself is engineered to foster fraud with no accountability. They can just blame it on their employees. Sure they discourage it, but we really need a democratic presidency...wink,wink...nudge,nudge.

The fact that most polls go on the amount of registrations shows that the polls are being distorted. When you take into account that most lower income folks do not follow the issues and are not educated, this means that they just hop right on the band wagon.
    In essence do to the registration fraud, and it is fraud, and it is prosecutable, the democrats can see a larger turnout based on the skewed polls. Of course though, Obamas 800K contribution has nothing to do with Acorn registering people 17 times to go vote democrat.

Acorn goes to the poor and the homeless people and gets them registered. They also help with voter turnout, by coordinating carpools, using busses and vans to get these same people to the polls.

More sleazy democratic tactics to screw people who are productive members of society. Their lobbyists already moved us closer to socialized economic system. Now they are moving us closer to the most liberal presidency and senate in history.

The American people will wake up, and it will be to late.
    DRILL BABY, DRILL! DRILL BABY, DRILL! DRILL BABY, DRILL!

Acorn does not spend millions verifying the registrations.......the tax payers do.
    Nor should they, verifying voters are the responsibility of state, not organizations.
    Acorn pay their agents based on how many registrations they can get.
    And? where as i personally disagree with such systems since they inevitably create risk i dont see why you as an american shouldnt have a problem with it.. i thought you all loved capitalism and its flaws.. If you dont like what ACORN is doing, change the system. Dont take it out on ACORN.

When you take into account that most lower income folks do not follow the issues and are not educated, this means that they just hop right on the band wagon.
    So whats your solution, not letting these uneducated poor people vote? How democratic. The republicans can go out there and grab votes as well, theres no one stopping them. Or maybe its just that the democrat politics appeal more to these people than the republican does? But i guess poor people have no value in America.

Of course though, Obamas 800K contribution has nothing to do with Acorn registering people 17 times to go vote democrat.
    Obviously not. Some people always overstep their boundaries to do "good". And as you said those people should be prosecuted (Both the acorn employee and the voter).

Acorn goes to the poor and the homeless people and gets them registered. They also help with voter turnout, by coordinating carpools, using busses and vans to get these same people to the polls.
    How is that a bad thing? Their vote is just as much worth as yours. To try and reach out with the democratic system to more people is hardly something bad. These groups are underrepresented in the elections, and THATS the problem from a democracy pow, not the reverse. If people are "unable" to vote its hardly a problem that theyre helped to do so.

I honestly dont think you want democracy at all.. doesnt surprise me though.

Thread Information