Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: abortion

Post Fiend

abortion

I made a thread abou tit bit did it get deleted or something, since I cannot find it anymore. I checked my profil and threads made and it wasn't there either, can someone explain please?

Do we have some religious nutcase/pro life nutcase, as a moderator who thinks abortion is a bad thing?
    now it's been 10,000 years
    man has cried a billion tears
    for what he never knew
    now man's reign is through
    but through the eternal night

so very far away
    the twinkling of starlight
    maybe it's only yesterday...

Enthusiast
    if you wish to discuss abortion, you should state your full opinion on it

i can guess by your words that you are pro-choice, but there are several levels of approval of abortion, whether or not you believe that every woman, no matter what her situation is, should have the right to abort

i personally believe that abortion should be the last resort (mothers life or psychological state is endangered: underage pregnancy, rape/incest etc.)

i do not support abortion for women who simply want out of a perfectly healthy pregnancy

but then again, i would be simply debating that with people, who like myself have rock-hard foundations of ethics and morality, and would get nowhere as a result when it would come to compromise

the only real compromise is to hope that women, the idiots that they usually are, would become more efficient in the use of birth control, and that men, the idiots that they usually are, would become more efficient in the use of condoms

"my birth control didn't work" is the most common excuse someone uses when they get an unwanted pregnancy, but statistics show that they are telling the truth less often than not

if you are a wise person, you would support an understanding, and that is that neither side of the issue actually wants abortions to occur if they dont have to

it comes down to sexual education, and the flaws of our society...neither of which will change much in any short time. the only real fact i can give you is that the subject of abortion will remain the same for a while, and that discussion is no more than pointless enlightenment

I think you are right in some ways, the best would be if there were no unwanted pregnancies. But the thing is, there are.

Enthusiast
    when there's a will, there's a way...sometimes

problem is, there is a will, but a lack of understanding combines with ignorance as it does in every facet of social perception, and leaves us with strangled motivation

progress is right there in front of us, but as it stands, we are playing dodge-ball while walking on our hands

Post Fiend
    I agree with you Metallica on the larger picture.

The problem is we already have a problem with abused and unwanted children in this country. How much more in tax dollars is it going to take for the government to raise these unwanted children? Who gets to decide what is a reasonable abortion and what is not? The Government?

We also already have way too many people with children that should not have children.

That is why I believe it is an individuals choice. Not something that should be mandated by government.

You are not going to burn in hell because someone else had an abortion...

Enthusiast
    that is the logical approach

with abortion, those issues still exist, but without it i'm sure it would be far worse

i would like to hope that as we advance as the human race, that such problems will no longer be severe. just a matter of knowledge becoming common knowledge, and habit becoming common habit.

as for now, abortion is the best option, even if it isn't the most attractive

Enthusiast
    How about mandatory sterilisation for everyone until marriage?

Forum Addict
    The so called pro-life religious nutcases can CHOOSE not to take abortions. This is a free world, and everyone should be able to make that choice for themselves. It's pretty damn selfish to try to force others to share your nutcase view.
    Everyone can choose.
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Demon
    From a purely "what will make society function better as a whole" perspective, abortion is better.

Simply put, I think the world would be a better place if some people never had been born (the most obvious case of this are serial killers).

Now, more often than not, the less savory elements of society originate from equally unsavory circumstances, bad or unexistent parenting being the most significant one.

You want to make a society with better citizen? #1 thing to do is to improve the quality of parenting.

Going in that direction, allowing pregnant women who are not ready to have children (and thus would make lousy mothers) to have an abortion is better than forcing a future delinquant who will be a burden for society later on into the world.

Postaholic
    abortion, like smoking and alcohol, is a choice thats made by the individual. just like how ppl can teach each other why smoking is bad for them, but they have no right to force them not to smoke. the same goes for abortion, if someone want to get abortion they damn right should be able to. its not up to the government or any anti-abortion group to tell them what to do

abortion

Abortion is MURDER, plain and simple. In California, a man killed his girlfriend and thus their unborn child as well. He got convicted of 1st degree murder for HER death and 2nd degree MURDER for the death of the child, because he stabbed her 17 times in the abdomen. So tell me again how killing a baby (or fetus as you raging liberals call them) is not killing...

As far as your MORALS, metallica, if you had any, you would never consider abortion to be an option for underage mothers. They think they are grown up enough to have sex, then they need to be ready to accept the possible consequences.

This, as well as many other topics in today's mainstream culture, stems completely from the devaluation of the family unit. Single parents cannot do it all. Those who have tried (and on occasion claim that they have succeeded), have only succeeded in training their children to devalue the family as well. Much in the same way as a parent, or set of parents, who engage in destructive behavior only really do a good job of training their child to be self destructive.

The media has played no small part in this, but just like crack, if there's a market, there will be a dealer. Anyone who watches sex-ridden shows and movies, listens to sex-ridden music, and pipes off epithets like howdy dos, have no right to complain about anything having to do with this issue, you are PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Just a final question. What if your mother had aborted YOU?
    Nobody would know.

We all have the right to life. The next aborted child could have been the one to discover the cure for HIV and AIDS. The next aborted child could have been the best President we ever had. The next aborted child could have been a humanitarian who brought hope and joy to million of others.

But not anymore.

Now they are all dead.

Now they will never have the same chances we have.

All men are created equal, apparently not those children.

Those children have been MURDERED.

Those children will never see a blue sky.

Those children will never play on soft, green grass.

Those children will never hear a story from granpa.

Those children will never eat granny's chocolate chip cookies.

Those children will never see the lights at Christmas.

Those children will never have a first day of school.

Those children will never have a dance recital.

Those children will never hit it over the fence.

Those children will never go on a date.

Those children will never learn to drive.

Those children will never graduate from high school and go off to college.

Those children will never get married.

Those children will never have their own children.

Those children will never see the tears I have cried for them.

But those children WILL meet God.

Those children WILL spend eternity in Heaven.

Those children look down upon you, and pray that you will too.

Enthusiast
    you should be ashamed of yourself.

Postaholic
    u r just saying it because u r not a 16 year old pregnant girl faced with the dilemma of abortion or ruin the rest of her life

Once again, that teenager should have been aware of the possible consequences. I can't think of a faster way to ruin someone's life than killing them when they are in their mother's womb.

We are teaching our children, the ones we decide to allow to live, that they need not be afraid of consequences. The consequence of sin is eternity in Hell. Hell is a REAL place. I know people like Joel Osteen have told you that it isn't. "In the final days they heap unto themselves false prophets, and will not accept sound doctrine."

Those guys are telling you what you want to hear in order to turn a better and bigger profit. These truths were truths long before Osteen and his ilk came along, and remain truths today, which even most secular scientists will no longer try to condemn. Whether you believe it now or not, it is still truth. I would prefer you find that out now, instead of waiting until you die. Rude awakening. It will be too late for you then.

I am not ashamed. I will never be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, no matter how unpopular or socially unacceptable it becomes. Jesus loves the little children, so why do you want to kill them?
    Last edited by SirGerith; 22-10-2008 at 11:55.

There are too many people alive today.
    More cannot be supported, and it's dumb to even pretend so.

Besides, it's not your body - you have no damn say in what goes on with it. If you want a baby so badly, invent a way to grow one outside of the unwilling ladies' wombs.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information