Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !!!!!! Heavens Between GODS by Immortal ORC!!!!!!!

Regular
    VT2 having 5 ww doesn't make u the best of the middle level :D

Just on the being small comment.....

I've been in the bottom quarter for acres and NW in all of our wars so far and I'm monarch.

I make 2-4 attacks a day as a run a heavy offence so I'm a big target for getting chained down. Last war I took 51 out of the 98 attacks our KD suffered and theres 21 provinces (24 during 1 war, we cleared inactives after).

So its not all about activity ;)

Regular
    4 hits a day?
    impressive.

hope u catch some sleep in between.

2 hits every 12 hours, its not that bad :)

Had to take my laptop to work a few times to do attacks on my lunch break and such, other than that was no real effort ;)

I never said I was the best - I said I was at the top of the middle level.
    Which I am.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

We're at the top of the middle level, and we're not going to get any better unless we engage in some hardcore cheating, which is far too troublesome and risky for me, and not really worth the drop in overall fun.
    A strong leader could take his kingdom among the 50 best kingdoms in a round or two with modest cheating, especially after the moratorium on trading.
    I never said I was the best - I said I was at the top of the middle level.
    Which I am.
    How do you define top of the middle level?
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

A friend of mine started playing Utopia last age. He told me nobody was trading there, and nobody was using IRC or even MSN on regular basis. Their monarch looks pretty clueless and their activity is not really good. They are in #100 NW. Getting in Top100 NW is pretty easy to do nowadays, even without trading.
    Last edited by Toadi; 12-10-2008 at 19:03.

Regular
    Growth is ez goal if thats the kingdoms goal and all grow together. the bigger you get the less opponents you have.

The bigger you get, the stronger opponents you have. And the fewer targets those strong opponents will have.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I can't get get farther, because there're no more randoms willing to make my dream come true - thus, I'm at my peak.
    If I decided to trade in some old buddies, or send some of my less skilled players off to train for an age, I'd make progress - but I can't do that, catty.
    Really.

A 'strong' leader doesn''t engage in seriously serious cheating, catty, but does the best with what he has.
    Guess we've found out what 'strong' leaders do in catty's book today, though.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

I dont see how trading allows you to become a better KD. Surely there are enough good players around you dont need to be playing several provinces yourself or have your personal friends playing in the same KD so you can direct them at every step.

Surely after a few ages your whole KD should know what they're doing?

Trading will make your kd better, as long as you have enought contacts to get in touch with active players and the players of your kd arent seriously active already.
    Trading allow you to keep your kd on top activity-wise, if someone are lazy or for some reason cannot be greatly active, you can replace him with a new one (who can be active).

People don't all have the same drive, the same motivation, or the same intelligence.
    Some won't understand why it's important to nighstrike this or that guy, regardless of how well I explain it, while some will.

Some won't bother to read their messages before they do things, and some will.

Some won't learn that you have to send 1 point more offense than the target has defense to break, and some will.

The chance of you ending up with 25 people, who all have the same dedication as you, the same understanding, the same ability to login, and the same determination, are zero. Realistically speaking, you'll never have a full roster of useful players in this game - never.

However, when you mix in trading, X-logging, and multing, you open up entirely new fields, and realism is no longer a factor.

Yes, I could import all my old buddies, to replace the total idiots. Yes, I could play several accounts, and do all that godlike stuff, and win every single war. Yes, I could kill all the n00bs at first sight.
    Would that make me a better player? A better leader? Would it make my accomplishments in the game feel like they mean more?

I think not.
    Besides, I've already had my time of doing fog-checks, sitting online 12 hours a day during wars, getting my attack-times down to 8 hours, camping for elites, sitting on my ass whoring honor, working on 'getting up the charts.' and doing all that other stuff the elite of the elite within this game thinks are so important.
    Tell me tell you one thing, and one thing only, kids: it's boring at the top.

Really, really, really boring.
    Most of the top isn't even doing anything these days, and just riding on past glories, while performing the obligatory 'getting up the charts.'

Well sumarised VT2

Thread Information