Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Experienced Monarchs – Strategy Continuity

Regular
    PPl often go to war with the desired tpa (lets say 4raw for gnomes), it doesnt really matter if you increase it by hitting him once.

Actually a smaller, 4.5 tpa gnome is less threat than a slightly bigger 4 tpa one, because it can be hit easier and he has a lot worse economy to start with.

Well I suppose it really depends on the NW differences with the enemy, if hes a little bigger than you, it would be best to bring him down a bit before the war so he can't outgrow. But with similar sized provs I would rather massacre prewar and get better land gains on fat provs once declaration comes.
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    Things that I have learned by skimming this thread.

a) Players whose names start with Z like Zauper or zhukaSS still know what they're saying
    b) other players who do not know what they're saying tend to still post a lot

Things you might want to do to a chain target:
    NS, NM, PF, BG, MS, MV

Things you do not want to do to a chain target: FB, Kidnap

Why you might ask?

Fireball and kidnap makes overpopping more difficult and is a waste.

The other ops making overpopping less difficult and is a good use of time and effort.

By using ops like those listed above you are able to lower the defense of your target, no matter whether it is by destroying military or by lowering their defensive mods, all are good options. There are a few people that seem to think that destroying troops is in effect hurting you as you're chaining because you might need to take more land in order to overpop the province. On the contrary, lowering the targets defense regardless of whether you are killing off units it is a very good thing, and in an organized kingdom will make overpopping not only easier but more beneficial in terms of land gains.

First of all you're lowering the total military in the opposing kingdom, but more importantly you are (hopefully) opening up your chain target to multi-taps. If you are able to have each of your attackers hit your chain target multiple times or even some of your attackers hit your chain target multiple times you make it easier to overpop the opponent, and you leave them less military to try and hit their way back up.

Destroying the opposing military is always beneficial in war, and though it might not seem that way it is an effective way of making overpop easier and land gains potentially larger.

I've gone on for long enough, I could probably continue to say more about this but I do not feel the need.

Summary:
    Destroying military = good
    Fireballing chain targets = bad
    Listening to Zauper = good
    Listening to vines = bad

Go Me, I win

gak loves men.

oh yea, i know what im talking about too.

Postaholic
    Listening to Zauper = good
    Listening to vines = bad

lol well said

Thread Information