Postaholic
    lol hatter r u from Mikeland's kingdom?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    lol hatter r u from Mikeland's kingdom?
    probably, who knows.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    In what situation in the current system would you ever be sitting on 15 wpa in a tough war? You were... 5k acres with 3 wpa and got hit to 1k acres? Doubtful, based purely on, you know, the inability to effectively chain in war. But, you can landlust for decent gains using that in order to maintain your ability to hit. In this situation, your def is already dead. The only question is whether or not you can hit. The only way to answer that question is situationally, but chances are, you can hit and save your wizzies at the same time, presuming that everyone in the other kd is not substantially larger than you, and if they are, then you couldn't have been chained down to that point in the first place. o.O

Also, you can always retrain military. It actually takes time to get wizzies back.
    Our kingdom was just in a war where a situation much like what catwalk is talking about happened. I attacked a province about 5-6 times taking a total of 955-1,000 acres forcing that province to give up wizards and thieves. This province had over 9modtpa and over 2modwpa. Had some kingmates telling me not to take land because would only make the province's tpa/wpa higher. I was like we'll see maybe we will get lucky and he'll just get ride of his tpa/wpa. Sure enough he untrained much of his thieves. For two reason he needed to make money to train troops that he had lost in battle fighting my military and 2nd untraining those thieves would give him troops he could train into specs. or elites because there was no way he could draft. In the start of the war this province was around 370k I was able to get the province down to ~200k. Latter on in the war this province was able to get back to ~240k. From the moment someone takes 240 acres from a t/m and if that land is never going to be seen again its best for that t/m to star letting go thieves/wizards other wise that t/m could in for big trouble. When I see a province with high tpa/wpa I just pound them and pound them until they are forced to give up tpa/wpa and once they are forced to give up tpa/wpa they will have to give up more because once they have no option but to give up tpa/wpa they have to give up more than they would have normally needed to if they had given up some tpa/wpa from the first land loss because they have lost military units in the battles and they are not making money because they are so overpopulated. So the province is forced to let go much of its tpa/wpa in order to restabilizes the econ and to help maintain a military force to protect the province. This tactic is a beast. Umm . . . but I don't know how CatWalk knew did this? That's odd.
    FBing is a good tactic. To use on provinces you don't attack or can't attack. In most case province that is getting Fb the **** out of will get fat and the kingdom will be able to the provinces land. In this last war our kingdom was in. I had a max pop. of over 100k but I was under 40k I think they were trying to kill me or something at one point they almost got me below 30k but because of my homes I was getting ~+1500 people each day. However once I pump my wpa to the point where they couldn't cast fb on me they gave up. It was a bloody war and both sides fought well.

Sir Postalot
    wow, wall of text, written by vines, cant be bothered reading...

Banned
    Damn I know I'm sorry about that but there was a lot to address.

wow, wall of text, written by vines, cant be bothered reading...
    Lucky you, it is full of nonsense anyways :)

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    Our kingdom was just in a war where a situation much like what catwalk is talking about happened. I attacked a province about 5-6 times taking a total of 955-1,000 acres forcing that province to give up wizards and thieves. This province had over 9modtpa and over 2modwpa.
    9 mod tpa and 2 mod wpa? Shocking. I'm afraid. No, seriously. It's not like my prov has better numbers without being hit.

Had some kingmates telling me not to take land because would only make the province's tpa/wpa higher.
    Irrelevant. Also, a bad argument.

I was like we'll see maybe we will get lucky and he'll just get ride of his tpa/wpa. Sure enough he untrained much of his thieves.
    I didn't say don't release thieves, FYI. re-read what I said.

For two reason he needed to make money to train troops that he had lost in battle fighting my military and 2nd untraining those thieves would give him troops he could train into specs. or elites because there was no way he could draft.
    He could also... I dunno.. use his tpa to steal it. And get soldier aid. Or just not train, since he had lost the space to. Or just replace his lost thieves from ops with soldiers... etc.

In the start of the war this province was around 370k I was able to get the province down to ~200k. Latter on in the war this province was able to get back to ~240k.
    So he didn't lose much land at all -- completely different from what we were talking about. FYI. 15 raw wpa != <2.

From the moment someone takes 240 acres from a t/m and if that land is never going to be seen again its best for that t/m to star letting go thieves/wizards other wise that t/m could in for big trouble. When I see a province with high tpa/wpa I just pound them and pound them until they are forced to give up tpa/wpa and once they are forced to give up tpa/wpa they will have to give up more because once they have no option but to give up tpa/wpa they have to give up more than they would have normally needed to if they had given up some tpa/wpa from the first land loss because they have lost military units in the battles and they are not making money because they are so overpopulated.
    Tell me your loc oop next age, I'll war you. You can try it on me. You'll lose, I promise you. Playing poor players is a poor argument for poor strategy.

So the province is forced to let go much of its tpa/wpa in order to restabilizes the econ and to help maintain a military force to protect the province. This tactic is a beast. Umm . . . but I don't know how CatWalk knew did this? That's odd.
    Nope, they aren't. That's what the kingdom is for. The only way to stop me from attacking is to get every prov in your kd to have more def than I have offense... which is unlikely to ever happen. Since it's only ever happened before when my prov was killed.
    FBing is a good tactic. To use on provinces you don't attack or can't attack. In most case province that is getting Fb the **** out of will get fat and the kingdom will be able to the provinces land. In this last war our kingdom was in. I had a max pop. of over 100k but I was under 40k I think they were trying to kill me or something at one point they almost got me below 30k but because of my homes I was getting ~+1500 people each day. However once I pump my wpa to the point where they couldn't cast fb on me they gave up. It was a bloody war and both sides fought well.
    You can't effectively 'pump' your wpa in war; it's a long term requirement. If you're under 1k peasants -- or 2k peasants -- effectively having been fb'd -- you won't recover that rapidly in terms of peasant growth, btw. See you being debunked in the other thread.

Looks like we are getting somewhere now.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to release thieves when you underpopulated. Kidnapping moves the problem onto the other KD and fixes you right up, assuming the enemy KD has at least 1 prov with lower TPA than you, which they will if you've been hit so hard your considering releasing Thieves.

I released wizards in my first age when I was Elf, right before the war ended as I knew I wouldnt need them during the CF period and my WPA had gone up to 4 raw from being chained. Haven't needed to this age.

Banned
    9 mod tpa and 2 mod wpa? Shocking. I'm afraid. No, seriously. It's not like my prov has better numbers without being hit.
    I thought it was shocking to has such high mod tpa/wpa that's why I was able to brake the guy the same size as me with his whole military at home and took 240+ acres in the first attack. And he couldn't do anything because is military was not strong enough to anything about it.

Irrelevant. Also, a bad argument.
    I didn't say don't release thieves, FYI. re-read what I said.
    It is the same thing if he had 9modwpa and 2modtpa I would have to let got of wizards.

He could also... I dunno.. use his tpa to steal it. And get soldier aid. Or just not train, since he had lost the space to. Or just replace his lost thieves from ops with soldiers... etc.
    Now you are just talking out of your ass. It is clear to me that you have never had this done to you. The I did this to he was screwed. If took your advice that would only over populate him more so and come the new day he would lose even more military. He is over populated. He is not making money and if he didn't act quickly he would have lost a lot of his valuable military.

So he didn't lose much land at all -- completely different from what we were talking about. FYI. 15 raw wpa != <2.
    The same tacit would be used and would have the same affect.

Tell me your loc oop next age, I'll war you. You can try it on me. You'll lose, I promise you. Playing poor players is a poor argument for poor strategy.
    I don't go by rigid plans. I look at each situation on it's own and go for the path that will most effectively give me the edge over my opponent, all the while, maintain a position that will most effectively keep the opponent from doing the samething to me.

Nope, they aren't. That's what the kingdom is for. The only way to stop me from attacking is to get every prov in your kd to have more def than I have offense... which is unlikely to ever happen. Since it's only ever happened before when my prov was killed.
    Well in that case if you were the province I used this tactic on you wouldn't have been able to attack me.

You can't effectively 'pump' your wpa in war; it's a long term requirement. If you're under 1k peasants -- or 2k peasants -- effectively having been fb'd -- you won't recover that rapidly in terms of peasant growth, btw. See you debunked in the other thread.
    Well I did go from 1.4rawwpa to 2.2rawwpa in three days. To me that's a pump and I did it in war. You a lot of things about what people can't do in the game why don't you play the game and you will be shock to see what people and are doing in the game. With in the rules of the game. There are cheaters but they don't count.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    Well I did go from 1.4rawwpa to 2.2rawwpa in three days. To me that's a pump and I did it in war. You a lot of things about what people can't do in the game why don't you play the game and you will be shock to see what people and are doing in the game. With in the rules of the game. There are cheaters but they don't count.
    hmm they had a name for this kind of "pump" way back when, mostly around the time of land-based gains. I actually wonder if land dropping is what causes ghetto monarchs to tell their provs not to grow. "no, that's great, you gained no land this war, now you're not fat!"

Banned
    I gained almost 1,000 acres in that war. And I did a pump in the war. JelloShots I don't see the point you are trying to make.

Sir Postalot
    firstly, LMFAO @ vines saying this to zauper:
    Now you are just talking out of your ass. It is clear to me that you have never had this done to you.
    ok, onto flaming/proving vines wrong
    I thought it was shocking to has such high mod tpa/wpa that's why I was able to brake the guy the same size as me with his whole military at home and took 240+ acres in the first attack. And he couldn't do anything because is military was not strong enough to anything about it.
    hmmm, so 9 mod tpa & 2 mod wpa is high?
    damn... im clearly cheating! cause like zauper, i can get those numbers without even trying...
    also, 240+ acres means absolutely nothing without relevant size of you and other prov =)
    also, last time i looked, you were in a war where you were 3200 acres and the biggest guy in other kd was 2000 acres ;)

Now you are just talking out of your ass. It is clear to me that you have never had this done to you. The I did this to he was screwed. If took your advice that would only over populate him more so and come the new day he would lose even more military. He is over populated. He is not making money and if he didn't act quickly he would have lost a lot of his valuable military.
    you said there was no way he could draft/train, zauper said steal gc, stop drafting and get soldier aid from kd mates, this maximises the amount of gc your prov produces...so you can run a higher DR :)

I don't go by rigid plans. I look at each situation on it's own and go for the path that will most effectively give me the edge over my opponent, all the while, maintain a position that will most effectively keep the opponent from doing the samething to me.
    war zauper's kd and trust me... you wont be able to stop them =)

Well in that case if you were the province I used this tactic on you wouldn't have been able to attack me.
    er... you would need to be ALOT bigger than zauper to use the totally awesome tactic of "hitting a prov that cant attack you" 5-6 times =)

hmmm, thats a gain for ~0.25 wpa raw/day
    @100% BE, you need, 50% guilds! although, you are an art IIRC, so that 42%!
    so, you ran >40%% guids during war? well done vines!
    Last edited by _greenie; 10-10-2008 at 21:50.

Banned
    No where did I say any one was cheating.
    Yeah I was 2,000 acres too when the war start. The province I took 1k acres from was BloodDrinker. I was going to take another 1,000 acres from the other guy that was 2k acres on there side. When we started the war BloodDrinker was in my conquest range. You are looking at the end results. You see my province and you see there provinces much smaller keep in mind I was 1k acres smaller before the war and they were a 1k acres bigger. Also our kingdom was smaller before the war started. You seem to be confused but that's how wars are won. Right now I'm so pour of the kingdom they fought well.
    Damn straight I ran +40% guilds in war! If it keeps the other guy from fbing me it is well worth it. Keep in mind I ran the +40% guilds after I took the 1k acres. We have a lot of strong players in our kingdom. One can never say what is what or what will be until everything is all said and done.

Sir Postalot
    so, you ran 45% homes and 40% guilds?

Thread Information