Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Experienced Monarchs – Strategy Continuity

Postaholic
    dont feed the troll plz

Banned
    Nah I had ~30% homes yup--yup. Ofcourse now that we are out of war you know I'm working back up to 50% homes.
    Last edited by vines; 10-10-2008 at 22:52.

So, 30% Homes, 40% Guilds, what else, 5% Towers, 10% Farms?
    And nothing for offense or defense?

Banned
    ~3% towers, ~7%farms, ~10%fort&tgs. And my mod BE was around 102.7%

Post Fiend
    come on guys, keep this 'on topic' (see original post).

Banned
    lestat I'm going to say it again. The things a good monarch do are too many to say. But one thing every good monarch as to have is the ability to foresee the opponents movement and adjust. Now if want to give me a scenario I can tell you how I would handle the situation. I can't tell you what another person do nor can I tell you what should be done. All I can tell you is what I would do. So if you are interested put a scenario.

First off dont be so agressive in wave as to turn off the possible war target,gently stroke them on the first run perhaps throw in a bounce for added effect.

Take several Ce's from smaller provs in the enemies kd over a 48 hour period while you are finding your target,this will let you know thier active players leading up to wave/war.

Remember half the battle is coaxing the enemy kd into a fight, without showing hyper activity or orginization on the first run of your wave.

Also don't listen to anyone telling you not to make certain attacks prior to war.Mix it up,let some of your fastest return time players do some land grabs and have the others do whatever learns ,plunders....

This is assuming you have chosen a target you feel you have the advantage over and anything short of a total breakdown of your kd you can win the war.

If you see retals in the first 6 to 12 hours start pumping the ruby flamer.DO NOT SEND UNTIL WAR STARTS.Pump it up 25% and raise that everytime you see a retal.

Some Kings like the BS of chit chat terms to fight with but for mid range warring kd just force the issue with tactical moves not words.
    Once in war cupitulation is the rule of the day.SEND THE BEAST!

Which leads me back to those CE's,once in war you take the top 4 most active attackers and cripple them in the first 48 hours to the point they are unable to fight,CHAINS,OPS and Spells..."these top for active players are not always the best players or the biggest players but reducing returns is critical through long wars.
    also during this point have your TM's focus on the top Four players in stregnth ie:Strongest Attackers/which may or may not be on your active list!

At this point any attackers not able to follow those targets should bottom feed where they can within reason.I prefer them to stay on targets even with Conquesting.

Once you have taken those first four actives down split your attackers into two groups.

Group 1 will turn to second set of most active 4 attackers taken from war CE over the first 48 hours.TAKE THEM DOWN!

Group 2 will turn to second set of strongest 4 attackers while also keeping an eye on the first set of actives to insure they stay docile.

This second 48 hour period is key for what T/M's you have, at this point your Magi need to work on thier thieves and your Thieves need to work on thier Magi.
    On thier Thieves DE's -Tornadoe top two thieves down to 25% builds and keep them thier.
    Mystics -MS blanket all thieves,storms,FB runs top 2 thieves.

On thier
    Magi
    Thieves Rouges AW AW AW
    All other thieves steal all elf runes/ I MEAN ALL OF THEM!
    STEAL GOLD,FOOD from all Magi
    *Note on this,once you are not getting retuns 5k food or 5kgold move to the next target!*

Have your thieves aid out thier goodies to attackers who need them but only when those attackers are online.
    It is ok to aid out some food without your players online but as far as gold use it or loose it.Be on line for your GC aid.

Repeat this targetting strat until capitulation takes effect.
    Also have a slayer ready prior to war,kill of thier first flamer within the same hour of flight ,it's such a demoralizing site in the paper.

DO not kill the second flamer until after your T/M's make thier big run heading into the second 48 hour period,ie: once they are broke.

Other than that have a nice day.

Cool nice advice. So does no one else think long term blanket OPS are useful? I.e All attackers have MS, Storms, Greed and Riots on 24/7? I have seen this crush peoples economy in a long war?

If you have enough T/Ms to blanket then im sure it works, but ops are a lot more effective when focused on those weak to them to maximise effect.

Its no use greed/rioting someone if you cant kidnap/MS/FB them enough to put them into economic danger.

I happen to think that riots/MS should be up all the time, especially on the big guys. Riots + MS + dragon gives a huge advantage towards the end of a 48 hour war, and I think it is essential for +72 hour wars.

Greed/storms should be done by A/t, not by mages. It is too easy of a spell to waste mana on (except maybe for elves, coz they can never use all their mana anyway).

The rest of mana/stealth goes to NS/FB or occasionally tornadoes

muddling through!
    ciborra rip!

Hmm... where to begin? There is nowhere, so I'll just spout for awhile.

Vines... I'm currently running 2.2 mod WPA, 17 mod TPA, 112 mod OPA, and 98 mod DPA @ 67% draft. BE is 92%. I think my science is disappointing (due to consistent warring), but I do have some solid honor bonuses going on. 2 wpa is a joke. That's what I keep for defense.

Don't FB your chain targs! Overpop and troop desertions are your ultimate goal here. On this note i vehemently disagree with spreading out your chains over a few hours... you're lookign to get them over that 115% threshold, this is best done with many hits in 1 to 2 hours.

There is absolutely a reason to keep blanket riots, greed, etc going if you can... particularly on the weak economy races (elves etc.)... prevents training and delays dragons! FB the merchants and cash cows.

The only effective wizzie pump in mid war is land drop or propaganda - depending on how the war is going propaganda can be extremely effective. I'd recommend it only for those >12 or so mod TPA though... maybe higher

Vines your war bldg strat is an absolutely joke and disgrace to the game.

Keep in mind the dragon is based around KD NW... it can be a useful tactic to start a dragon but not fund it, see what happens after a few hostile mass's etc, and perhaps restart a cheaper dragon a little later.

Kidnapping is underrated.

Stress quick return times for your entire KD. 10% rax KDwide is a solid requirement for war. Remember, if your army can get back before theirs even if you hit after they do you'll win every time.

Umm... any questions? I could go on, and on... but so could many on here, so I'll stop.

BTW, hope the fact that I'm not a monarch is ok :-P
    Last edited by shank; 13-10-2008 at 18:38.
    "Oops..."

Don't forget: psychology war =)
    With lots of players moving from kd to kd or have weak bond with the kd, demoralization can play a great effect. More destructive is, sometimes you don't know if your players start to forget to cast spells and ops, either for self prov or to enemies.

FB+ kidnap and then TM can work, but it is not quiet efficient Why spending three kind of resources at one prov when you can make the life hard for more provs with them? ;)

hai,

first of all listen to zauper, i used to dislike him pretty much back in the day, but that doesnt make him less smarter.
    You had some lol argument about releasing wizards, i will tell you, the one who releases wizards is a tard, with big R. Unless you are forced/have to do so, you shouldnt ever release your wizards. I once had 15+ wpa on my gangbanged prov, and i could keep them up and mash my enemy with spells.

Anyway back to topic,
    I will assume mid lvl war kd, has decent core with some semi inactive provs in their/enemy kd.
    So this is where you should put your effort of stoping really active enemy provs from functioning. There is several ways how to do it, either by letting them outgrow you, disabling them with ops or chaining them to the ground. You have to choose it accordingly to your situation.
    example 1.
    kingdom you are warring have some bigger provs and big chunk of provs with your size. Breaking big ones needs your t/ms focusing them. Strategy - let them outgrow you and feed on your range provs. Giving the thought your bigger opponents is more active and pouncing you for not much acres or starting raze you, will give you advantage to destroy your range provs, which should lead to war win.

btw from my expierence you shouldnt use massacre unless that prov is really annoying, even more so, thinking that few massacres will stop t/m from doing his ops is laughable.

Once the attackers have dealt to the first 2 targets i.e overpoped and disabled, the T/M’s and hybrids should have brought the other targets down. At that point those become the chain targets and the Mages move to different targets, and so and so forth.
    whats the point of disabling someone with ops and then chaining them? unless its NS ofc.

So that you can chain them.

Thread Information