Thread: New to utopia need help

New to utopia need help

Hi im am new at utopia, but my BF plays and said it was fun so i joyned. he said darkelf is good, but not what race so i chose artisan. i am hope to be mage and attack both, so i will kill with spell and army :o)

My BF play gnom rouge, but i dont like thiefs :o)) so if any play darkelf artisan can help will be appreciate.

I plan:

homes (many)
    banks (many)
    guilds (many)
    traininggronds (medium)
    barracks (medium)
    watch tovers (medium)
    farms (small)

is this ok or is there better? plz help

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    wow, I've never seen a build strat like that lol. A lot of buildings work by the % you build, so people use that to show their build strat.

Veteran
    You should probably have picked another personality than artisan, mystic for example. But I suppose we have to work with what you've got.

In order to get at least something out of your personality choice you probably want to add some stables as well. I think that you should have like 15% training grounds (TGs) and 10% stables for your offense (note this is a guesstimate on what'd be a good mix, it is possible to calculate what an ideal split would be). If you don't intend to run any forts you should take away some of the offense buildings here and replace with forts since that will make your province stronger overall, you probably want to keep the fort level a bit lower than the TG level.

You'll want about 10% farms so you don't starve. At least 15% Guilds, but in order to build up enough wizards to do any offensive spells you will probably have to cut down on other buildings so that you can run much more than that in the beginning.

That adds up to 50% buildings that I think are more or less essential. You would also want to have some hospitals, forts and banks, and I guess WTs could be useful as well. I would say that homes aren't very useful for you, but there are people who like them.

Banned
    Going DE/art I would say something along the lines of:
    homes:30%
    farms:9%
    Guilds:20%-40%
    WT: 0%-20%
    Forts:10%
    TGs:10%

A good start for DE/Artisan would be to read vines strategy, and do the very opposite.

In protection you do not need to build more Homes. For now just focus on getting high Guilds (30 or 40%), maintain your 10% Farms and kick high Banks (30%) and some Armouries. Your priority for now is to get wizards and to train your military. It would be wise to get a few Training Grounds already, there are a lot of inactives on small sizes right now and the gold ressources are insane there, much much better than Banks. I would ignore Stables, horses are not very efficient at boosting your 6/0. Get decent Thieves too, the inactives often have 0 thieves so you might as well use your stealth.

If it is not too late I'd suggest you to delete and create a DE/Mystic instead. Artisan is very worthless.

Ok so i think i will try:

homes 20%
    banks 20%
    guilds 20%
    stables 10%
    trainingrounds 10%
    barracks 10%
    farms 10%

Why cant i have 150% land lol want so many buildings!!! thx for help so far is this look good or can still do better what you think???

Sir Postalot
    i doubt you need more than 10% homes...

in protection/first week, i would probably run something like:
    10% farms
    30% banks
    40% guilds
    10% arms (banks > arms for DE with ToG)
    10% TG
    (EDIT: just re-read what toadi said, and lol! same build!)

once you get your draft rate up, and your wpa to a decent level (at least 2.5 raw) i would probably switch to something more like:
    10% homes
    10% farms
    10% banks
    15% TG
    10% rax
    15% hosps
    18% guilds
    10% forts
    2% dungeons
    (note, this is very basic, have spent about 30 seconds thinking this up!)
    in war, probably drop the banks for WT, and maybe 5% guilds depending on what opponents are like in terms of theivery

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I would drop the homes from greenie's strat and put them into more TG and forts, but that's just me.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I would drop the homes from greenie's strat and put them into more TG and forts, but that's just me.
    only reason i suggested he runs homes is cause its wasting art personality if he doesnt... but as i said, very basic =)

Regular
    i say 10% farm. 10% guilds 10% tower and 70% banks if you a newbe. With youmaking money you will be able to survive and learn slowly on your own

Thread Information