Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Human Merch Attacker

I would dedicate 25% TGs to offensive buildings and from there on build forts, in my experience thats normally the range where they really stop paying off around your BE anyway.

Farms 10%
    Banks 10%
    TGs 25%
    Forts 13%
    Hospies 16%
    Guilds 10%
    Towers 4%
    Stables 11%
    Dungeons 1%

Something like that would be my build. When I get 50% thievery and 10% pop, i'd really think on converting to a A/T, but then again i'm sure you can NS enough on gen with lots of 0 thief provinces running around in which case I'd just put all banks into TDs.

Clarey:

I would dedicate 100% effort to offensive wooing and from there on build love, in my experience thats normally the stage where I really start dreaming all around your beauty anyway.

Love 100%
    Effort 100%
    Luck 100%
    Tactics 100%
    Friends 100%
    Time 100%
    You 100%

Something like that would be my strat. When I get 50% tools and 10% income, i'd really think on converting to a rich kid, but then again i'm sure you can earn enough on income with lots of sly old man running around in which case I'd just put all of them outside our world.

so
    we're meeting in november when i get back right?
    better start practicing cwk!

if im a pokemon, i will call myself woaini.

TG vs Forts

0% of each
    10000 offence 2k specs
    10000 defence 2k specs

10% TG
    11349 offence 2k specs
    10000 defence 2k specs

5% TG 5% Forts
    10719 offence 2k specs
    10719 defence 2k specs

10719 = 2000x x = 5.3595 pts per spec
    10000/5.3595 = 1865.8 specs to maintain 10k def

2000-1865.8 = 134 more off specs

10719/2000 x 2134 = 11437.14

Therefore:

11437 offence 2.134k off specs
    10000 defence 1.866k def specs

using 5% of each, compared to 11349 using 10% TG.

Off specs/Def specs can also be compared to a 5/5 Elite.

Running even Forts/TGs clearly increases your OPA more than running full TG.

Also if your using it as 5/5 Elites then running an even mix also increases your defence while all troops are at home.

Anyone who runs all TG thinking it maxes out their offence is a moron. Its only the case when you are running 0 defence.

If your defence is less than your offence you will want slightly less Forts, but only by a proportional fraction.
    Last edited by Ishandra; 13-10-2008 at 05:39.

Humans can benefit from even mix of Forts/TGs. Also, a Hu/Merchant, why use banks? For more money sure! Get science. Esp a Human A/T I am a Hu/Merch A/T and love it. OOW I can steal more than the extra income banks would net and in war, use that space for better war buildings.

I also never intended on running 10% homes or keeping them but I have up until 2k acres. It was nice personally as an A/T if badly FB'd pop comes back nice and quick. However, it's one of those buildings you may not miss much once actually gone. Just believe it's so nice while have them up. =)

Regular
    there's never enough money. With banks OOW, the extra income can be pimped into science. Not sure why you would suggest someone not to build banks when OOW. Esp as a human, when they have such a advantage on science, every bit of money is needed.

Regular
    Forts are pretty decent now that they have same multiplier as TGs. Especially because they also help with turtling.

Now, stables are useless. Unless you are devoting more than ~32% of your land (was 32% for me last i checked, would vary from province to province) to offense-modifying buildings, stables shouldn't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by brenton View Post
    Forts are pretty decent now that they have same multiplier as TGs. Especially because they also help with turtling.

Now, stables are useless. Unless you are devoting more than ~32% of your land (was 32% for me last i checked, would vary from province to province) to offense-modifying buildings, stables shouldn't be there.
    Hmmm, just wondering brenton, re. the stables did you recalculate that recently? Because on most of my humans running 63 - 65% draft and high 80% BE, having stables (~10%) do pay off. You don't have to seat all of your units ofc but taking into account that you devote 10% to stables and add another say 18% TG modifier would pay off more than a mixture of forts/TGs unless you have homes and -very- sexy housing sci as well.

thats pretty obvious

15% tg and 10% stables > 15% tg and 10% forts

why is this difficult?

Just calculate it for the indivdual province. If your running 125% BE, Have a 1:2 O:D ratio, getting hit by droughts a lot, then TG+Forts is gunna be better for you.

If your artisan, running high draft low BE, with a 2.5:1 O:D ratio, then your gunna want those stables for sure ;)

For every set of:
    opa
    dpa
    land% devoted to military buildings
    race/personality
    pop sci;

there is a ratio of stables:tg:fort:homes that yields the least number of units used (most space efficient). Those ratios are very seldom 0 of any kind, and are so only in extreme cases (like 0% land devoted, or 0 opa or 0 dpa). The optimal ratios can be calculated, especially if only space is taken into account, and not the cost-saving aspect.

Thread Information