Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help Me With A Elf/Rogue A/T Build

Postaholic
    u r not likely to have money to convert buildings in a war (even if u do, u should be sending them out to kds mates instead of wasting on buildings)

u can, however, slowly "fade" buildings away by putting ur incoming land into other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by iadjei View Post
    as an elf/rogue a/t, am not planing to be "unbreakable" i will hav descent defence and am more concerned about my OPA and TPA. am looking at running 4-TPA. and 80....OPA? and 45-DPA (dspecs only). is this a reasonable aime? could i do better than that?
    Depending on how big you are, 45 dpa may mean you get into 2x range if you army in/army out and have quite abit of incoming acres.

Either way, thats 8 def specs per acre with MP on to give you 45 dpa with only dspecs. + 4 tpa gives you 8 + 4 = 12 units per acre.

If you want a sustainable army youd prolly wanna run 60% draft and maybe 1.5 wpa - i'm assuming close to no sci and no homes here. That leaves you with 3 elites per acre if you have no sci and homes. which gives you crappy offence. Elves have space issues, somewhat - to run a decent A/T you'd find you'll have to sacrifice economy, have some economic buildings in war and/or run a semi suicider.

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    u r not likely to have money to convert buildings in a war (even if u do, u should be sending them out to kds mates instead of wasting on buildings)

u can, however, slowly "fade" buildings away by putting ur incoming land into other stuff
    diplo at its finest waheed ;)
    Last edited by clarey; 19-10-2008 at 02:04.

my comments arent constructive because they arent really meant to teach. I just show you how foolish your thinking is, and hopefully you can see through your own **** and fix it. If you don't, then you are beyond my help. If you truly took term 'kdwide' as in every single person in the kd, then you are just retarded, and its not a matter of me not explaining myself properly. Of course everyone ****ing knows a thief doesnt need WT, like seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post

While you have to fade buildings out, you dont have to fade them in.

If you lose 15% acres in a hit and take 15% making a hit, thats 15% land you can devote to a new building (or pump a current one) instantly.

Im War Hero this age so most of my building is done with credits, I would never waste money on razing during a war though no matter how badly I needed to change build. My acres are going in and out far too much to bother ;)

Post Fiend
    I use something like this. works out nicely. offense is the key to success, ends up somewhere around 105 with a safe 45dpa at home without any great science and a ratio of offspecs/defspecs/elites around

30% offspecs
    40% defspecs
    30% elites

Homes: (10%)
    Farms: (9%)
    Training Grounds: (21%)
    Barracks: (15%)
    Guilds: (11%)
    Towers: (5%)
    Thieves' Dens: (15%)
    Stables (14%)

enough runes to keep up mp,ms,cs,fl,ia and occasionally ma. my wpa isnt that great so I dont use any offensive spells really except gathering cb's for my kd.

with the opa/dpa listed above my mod tpa lands somewhere around 8 enough to ns most attackers/mages that rely on wt's as theifdefense and together with CS enough tpa to save myself from enemy NS'ing

who knows, it might be a try? :)

It occurs to me that since you're doing so much attacking you might want to trade in some Stables for a few Dungeons. As far as I can tell, they are more or less interchangable except the Dungeons preform a bit better, but cap out much sooner.

And some more Food science. Food and Housing.

What personality are you?
    What's your BE?

Post Fiend
    elves cant have dungeons

im elf/rogue and thats what this topic is about yeah? or perhaps im lost :$

Postaholic
    105 opa and 45dpa? lol impossible

when make calculations, plz try to make realistic calculations about provinces with around lord~baron honor, 5~8% pop sci and 60~65% draft. if 75% draft and count honor is ur key of success then the argument is meaningless

Post Fiend
    I fail to see your reason for my argument to be meaningless. if your argument is for a province to go to war as 'pumped' with 60% draft, now thats an argument to remember.

73% draft viscount honour, cut 3% draft and give it baron-status and sure you can have 43dpa and 95opa instead.

being in a mid-range kd will allow you to plunder using the various targetfinders out there allowing for your province to sustain the high draftrate (and even if you dont use any target finders you will still find targets to hit).

plunder and learn twice a day and your province will shine and prevail in tough wars

waheed im being pretty realistic btw seeing as I play the province myself and I more or less copy/paste my intel in here.

my guess is that your next argument will be something like this "uhuh the will chain you down with that high draft and make you loose all your troops" fine let them, I can release the specs to the dragon if I have to anyway.

and if everyone in the so called 'core' runs high draft with a solid buildingstrategy and with average science the kingdom will be off pretty well.

Postaholic
    calculate the #s for an orc with viscount honor and 73% draft, then see what opa u get.

as for it being meaningless because the whole point of a good building strat is so that u maximize the benefit of ur offense/defense/economy. if ur key of success is to sacrafise a lot of economy for high offense, then how can u say ur strat is better than others? it can only say u choose to sacrafise econ for military, it doesnt help other ppl's buildings at all. in fact ur prov will actually loose to a lower drafted prov if start at equal nw (of course thats an entirely seperate issue i dont really wanna get at it in this thread. u can start a new one about low draft vs high draft if u want)

and if ur prov is 60~65% drafted its considered "pumped" in a realistic top war (unless one kd run to fake war and pump for a week, then they might come out with higher

u'll be surprised how much draft my kd use to keep when we go to war hehe. of course im not gonna say here, ill only share with friend kingdoms
    Last edited by waheed; 23-10-2008 at 02:19.

Post Fiend
    the orc viscount wont have clear sight reflect magic and -50% trooplosses to protect themselves from ops/attacks that reduce the province army strength. oh and btw, I'd really like to see your math on a province with 60% draft > an elf with 73% draft since this thread already served its purpose anyway.

there are ups and cons for everything when it comes to utopia, im just saying the ups cover the cons pretty well on a pumped prov (67-73%dr) elves economy isnt anything to hurray for anyway.

its easier to find wars with unpumped provinces, but I bet you win wars on activity rather than on province strength waheed.

Thread Information