Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enemy PK'ing in War

Veteran
    Your first post made some faulty claims about GB protection and such (virtually non existent in war), I corrected you a bit on that and then said that I didn't think that the suggested strategy would result in a kill. As I understood your second post you were continuing the argument from the first post, if that wasn't so I don't really understand the meaning of the post when I in the post you were replying to clearly said that I didn't think that the strategy would give a PK.

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ishandra
    In theory yes but once the prov has taken 4 or more hits the land lost from additional hits will be severely reduced, not to mention his NW will be so low gains will drop down to single digit acres from some of your guys.

That is hardly true. This is a war not hostile. The only cases where you *might* be right is if the target chosen is the smallest one in the enemy KD and if your own KD has all 25 provinces at much bigger size.
    "

My post said you wouldn't be likely to kill a prov through overpop by GBing him, you said "That is hardly true" , Implying that it WAS likely you could kill a prov by GBing him.

Thats where my arguementative short post came from :P

I think we both actually agree it was just the way it was written ;)

I know GB protection is reduced during war, but it's still going to be a factor when your talking about an entire KD waving a single province, even if NW differences are the main factor in reducing the gains.

NW doesn't drop all that much when you make a hit. Acre + building = 55 NW, out of typically 165 NW/acre. So if you take 75% of a target's acres in a wave, his NW will only drop by 25% from the land loss. Will drop a bit more from defense casualties, but lower defense is a good thing. If you wait for desertions, his NW will drop more each tick as his defense plummets, putting him in range for triple and quad taps. Provided your provinces aren't uniform size, that will set him up for a lot of pain and a lot of overpopulation.

You won't need to overpopulate him all that much either. If we assume that peasants make up 1/3 of his population at the start of the chain, he will easily be overpopulated by taking half his acres after his peasants are gone. To my knowledge, getting the peasants down is the main challenge, requiring quite a bit of firepower.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Enthusiast
    How about throwing in Storms, MS, some Fireballs and Kidnappings?

It have to be done within the same hour, slow dwindling down of pezzies wotn work in most cases.

You'd need to MS/FB/Kidnap first, then any leftovers into NS and then do all 25(+) of your attacks.

It might be possible, if someone wants to try and calculate it go ahead.

Thread Information