Thread: DE questions

DE questions

I was thinking of going either Mystic or Merchant DE next age. Just wanted a couple questions answered to help me make up my mind.

Would ToG recieve benefit from merchant?

Dice vs Explore in protection. It is generally considered a no - no for a DE to explore at all. Does this include in protection? Such as, would it be better to run like 40% bank and 30%mills for first round of buildings and explore one big push while using extra mana on ToG? Or would it be better to skip mills while most mana goes into dicing?

I would rather pump Guilds and Banks and dice/tog my way up personally.

If your gunna be playing any kind of M you'll need those guilds early to get your wpa up.

ToG is based on income so it should be helped by merchant, I'm sure someone will be able to give you a definitive answer.

And every soldier saved from exploring is another def spec ready for OOP ;)

I would only explore if your KD is setting quite high acre targets for OOP and you have no other way to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beane View Post
    Would ToG recieve benefit from merchant?
    Yes, as stated above ToG is based on net income including all modifiers.

Dice vs Explore in protection. It is generally considered a no - no for a DE to explore at all. Does this include in protection? Such as, would it be better to run like 40% bank and 30%mills for first round of buildings and explore one big push while using extra mana on ToG? Or would it be better to skip mills while most mana goes into dicing?
    If the size of the exploration pool is not a concern, explore. Quite a bit more cost efficient. However, it is not cost efficient to get mills in before building up the rest of your starting acres, if that's what you were suggesting.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Thread Information