Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The real question is.....

Talking The real question is.....

How many people in a few Irc chat rooms can you round up at a single momment when you need to do some major damage with the least effort?

How can you envite every single person you met in Utopia from the ages of recruiting for alliances and grass feed? Imagine all the people that told me to shove HaJ up my ying-yang when I was incharge of the entire department. Imagine all the friends I made in the process. :)

Imagine how I required each and every single one to have MSN or I would not even speak to them. Including LOTS of good people I met through the ages that turned into good friends from HaJ, SF, 9F, ABS, NeXT, Almond, KLA, Lotus, TA, BruteF (hehe), TF, just to name a few. EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO HATE ME, me even if I find them in Genesis.

Tell me how iRC is better then MSN when your secluded to your 1 and only chat room family with occasional people who say "hi", just because they know a few other people you know.

Tell me how your old iRC program is best.

I don't use IRC.
    If called for, I'll get all twelve of us who use MSN in the same orgy, and unleash hell. It rarely needs to be done.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I found IRC better than msn cos of text that is easier to read, no annoying smilies, again easier to read, one font for everything, Somewhat easier to coordinate stuff (no mass tabs on task manager), fun bot that talks Chuck Norris jokes so I don't have to search for them...

And besides, when u are bored, u go in channel and say hi to 30 other persons. To to that on msn u will have to open 30 windows and say hi in each one..

IMO IRC is for mass chat, while msn is more for 1v1 convos.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

u dont hav to open 30 windows on msn to say hi to people. thats y there is the "invite xxx to conversation" thingy. (u know wat i mean)

i agree irc is better for mass chats and co-ordinating attacks in war, also you can paste the entire attack report in irc, where as you cant on msn! tho this isnt a biggie, granted...however, the simple text as previously mentioned makes it easier for everyone to read, no emoticons to contend with during attack plans etc!

lastly, i guess the thing about irc is that you dont have to give out any personal email addresses, thus getting spammed by people who you dont (really) know or who may even give your details out (out of spite) to any tom, dick or harry!

-eats less resoucres on computer
    -unrelated to evil microsoft
    -easily find people from utopia you don't have contact info for (ie. WTH is Syele? try /whois Syele or this monarch waving me is called Syele... do a /query Syele no need to ask for my info just talk to me. )
    -entire KD idles together so you can tell them things all at once without messing with invites
    -you get dced from chat you don't have to find someone to invite you back in
    -no annoying graphics and "Buzz" thingies
    -Highlighter if you want to be buzzed
    -IRC bots !!

How many people in a few Irc chat rooms can you round up at a single momment when you need to do some major damage with the least effort?
    6-9 from my own KD depending on the time of day...with notice, all of them. If I needed help on a larger scale I can find many many more.

How can you envite every single person you met in Utopia from the ages of recruiting for alliances and grass feed? Imagine all the people that told me to shove HaJ up my ying-yang when I was incharge of the entire department. Imagine all the friends I made in the process. :)
    Well I never message all people on my MSN at once.. but if I wanted to message everyone on any IRC channel I go to at once, I can any time I like. That is alot of people too as I use 25 channels. MSN still doesn't have message offline that I know of.. IRC has Memos. or ahve a bot tell them you are looking for them ;)

Tell me how iRC is better then MSN when your secluded to your 1 and only chat room family with occasional people who say "hi", just because they know a few other people you know.
    I dont feel at all secluded. Who says its a one and only chat room?

irc is so much better i am not even going to tell you why!
    because if you cant see it then its your problem :)

You can send offline messages with MSN now by the way Syele.

mIRC is obviously superior but its another program you have to force people into using, on top of Angel and Pimp. Most people are on MSN already, and you can generally access it from public computers/friends computers easily.

luckily I don't have to force people to use stuff. they come to IRC cause they know thats where the action is.. and the warbot.

irc is better because its quite simply better suited to support the kd activities.
    its like comparing a train with a car. both have good uses, but theyre hardly the same.

Ishandra, you can access irc easily too through your browser.

---

if youre really nerdy you can use msn through irc aswell..
    Last edited by RAKIdaRHINO; 19-10-2008 at 22:06.

I tried using msn in IRC (Im only a nubnerd) but it never did work for me.

wellz. its possible.. not by default, but with scripts etc.. there are ofc programs that do both irc and msn along with some other ims, but thats a different story..

Quote Originally Posted by Syele View Post
    -eats less resoucres on computer
    -unrelated to evil microsoft
    -easily find people from utopia you don't have contact info for (ie. WTH is Syele? try /whois Syele or this monarch waving me is called Syele... do a /query Syele no need to ask for my info just talk to me. )
    -entire KD idles together so you can tell them things all at once without messing with invites
    -you get dced from chat you don't have to find someone to invite you back in
    -no annoying graphics and "Buzz" thingies
    -Highlighter if you want to be buzzed
    -IRC bots !!

+1

@OP : Have you ever tried coordinating anything in a mass convo on msn????

Ive been in a "raid" of 10 ppl(me included) for a FB game and it was pandemonium... and you want to try it with potentially 25 ppl?

Yea right....

Im keeping msn for my personal, real life friends and family and IRC for anything and everything uto related...

Quote Originally Posted by RAKIdaRHINO View Post
    wellz. its possible.. not by default, but with scripts etc.. there are ofc programs that do both irc and msn along with some other ims, but thats a different story..
    Yeah I tried three different MSN scripts... the BEST one allowed me to login but not to see any people online. But its probably me being a dolt.

I havent used IRC properly in years, I will be getting back into it for next age though so I'll look forward to all the fancy new bells and whistles ;)

Thread Information