Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New War System

Massacre attacks should be changed: in wars it's now you killed x noobs within that province,we also destroyed 123 buildings

Why does it destroy buildings??? that's make raze attacks useless,and personally
    i just wanna get rid of the thieves and wizards with massacre hit not buildings! destroying buildings simple takes enemys networth down too much and after that you loose tons of honor cause of massacred prov can easy topfeed all the way...

Current war system:

>>!Noob kd have declared war with our kingdom!!
    followed by 25 hits and a dragon<< thats the problem,current stupid instant declare war just gives the other kd too much advantage if they know what their doing

new stance : warfare .

in that stance you have 12h before you can declare immediately war on some1.
    but you could get declared meanwhile of range 90%-110% .
    after you beeing that stance 48h your range increasing. you could get declared from 80%-120% .

KD:s in that change get several penalties from hitting KD:s wich are other stance than Warfare. but they also get few plusses from those other stance Kd:s.

to avoid that only superwarring KD:susing this to grow and feed smaller Kd:s .

no exploring, no paradising and book/ gold production are halved.( until its war )
    you dont need those, you dont need attacks to declare KD, you are ready for war when entering warfare.
    fake wars could be problem, too easy? more penalties ?

If there is not any KD in your range at the time, game should give a msg about it to monarch. then you are immediately free to move back to other stances.

KD:s war from that stance gets additional created honor from attacks.

this not enclose other stances ability to go wars as currently.

I decided to keep this sug in this thread, blame me for that.
    This could make wars easier.
    and extra honor gains maybe also luring too, that is the problem often. whats good from destruction?

Forcing wars is massively abusable. Declare war on a ghetto, farm their honor, land drop, repeat and rince.

Regardless, I've never had problems finding wars. My kingdom has wanted to war 4 times this age, and we got the 4 wars we wanted against the kingdoms we wanted to war. Most of the times people can't find wars because they hit into much weaker kingdoms (size do not matter) or refuse to grow to fight a better competition.

Post Demon
    I don't have a problem with the current system.

It rewards clever risk assessment and diplomacy by sending lots of war invites to kingdom of similar strength (meaning they are likely to accept).

It forces you to find a good match.

I've perfected the method to an art form and can finding myself a decent war within 2 days of searching.

In my experience, if the match is good, they'll agree to war you as most KDs like a challenge (but are not so suicidal that they'd agree to enter in a war that they are way more than 50% likely to lose).

If you can't find a war, its because you don't take enough risks by challenging KDs of comparable strength.

The only KDs I see having a legitimate reason to complain about troubles finding a war are the top 1%.

What about giving the power to the individual provinces?

I mean, why could there not be a option for a single province to submit, after he/she can't be touched in a war? Enough of individual provinces to submit, and the war would be lost.

Post Demon
    >I mean, why could there not be a option for a single province to submit, after he/she can't be touched in a war? Enough of individual provinces to submit, and the war would be lost.<

Not sure how relevant it is with the topic at end which addresses the issue of how wars start rather than what happens once you're in a war.

However, I agree that decentralizing the power for surrendering might be a good idea.

At the very least, don't give a monarch the surrender button until most provinces (independant of honor voting bonus) have given the 'ok' for it. It will take some of the heat off the backs of monarchs as I find some less experienced KDs tend to deliberately gang on the monarch early on thinking that he will panic and make concessions.

And in the case where the monarch is a coward (more likely to happen in newer KDs), at least the KD won't be as harshly penalized for it (as he won't be able to surrender at will).

Magn, that is retarded imo. The monarch is already the elected leader of the kingdom, as such he is more than able to make that decision by himself. If you dont like the decisions of your leader pick a new one.

As for single province surrender im fine with it as long as it comes with a ~24h "rapemewhileidonothing" penalty.. Thing is, something like that shouldnt be needed within the game, nor do i really believe that it will benefit the kds you seek to benefit. If you dont like your kd defect, if you dont like your leader elect another one, if your kd goes to war youre in it together.

(oh and yeah, you can usually just do diplo as a single province with the other side to get them to leave you alone.. i was rogue my first few ages and did that alot.. sold my kd out hard cause i thought that was what rogues did =D lovely interpretation of the guide fur shure)

(oh and yeah #2, i somehow thought you needed 1 home / 25 pes aswell so i ran a ****-ton of homes.. that prov was fkn ftw when i look back at it.. elf/rogue attacker :D.. oh and yeah, my monarch was LittleGreenMen well.. thats the only thing of him i remember.. so if anyone know who im talkin about lemme know :D)
    Last edited by RAKIdaRHINO; 17-10-2008 at 08:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    INGAME WAR FINDING

How about an "Apply for War" feature.

Monarch gets a button in KD page that says "Apply for War"

Once pressed, his KD goes on a list together with other KDs that have also applied. The list can be accessed from "The World" link. The monarch can cancel his KD's status at anytime.

Makes war finding easier. Current war system remains the same. This feature is to complement the existing one, NOT to replace it.

_____

To encourage its' use, kingdoms listed suffer a -5% penalty to defense but does not lose honour until war starts.
    this is a good suggestion.

Thread Information