Thread: why was my post deleted?

Post Fiend

why was my post deleted?

just because i copied a kd page?
    im not reveal exact locations of any province or anything.
    just trying to point out cheaters.
    that was a very big FO to me and your stance against cheating(if any)
    so stuff it mod.

Moderator for:
    Earth
    Utopia

1) There were locations.
    2) The report feature is there for a reason.

If you have the exact KD NW you can find it on umunk as well.

Post Fiend
    1. allowing other players' input might actually HELP the judgement of game moderators instead of hinder them. What does the report feature do? from experience, practically nothing, until much much later.
    2. locations? so if i say "abc kd", no one would know, or be able to find out? expecially since abc is a top kd?
    3. be pragmatic. a location was posted. intell which ANY user has access to and not any form of intel which can be exploited. why not delete every discussion on abs then. Since everyone knows where they belong.

Why don't you mods think through the reasons for implementing certain forum rules and actually learn to exercise some EQ and personal judgement before deleting threads blindly.
    unless you are saying that your account is a bot programmed to delete anything which contains ##:##

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Utopia
    Earth
    The MODS can't do anything pertaining to the game in Utopia. Only the boards. Posting information here doesn't accomplish much of anything.

The ADMINS are the ones that can address issues of cheating. They get that information from the "report" link. That's why we ask you to use that method.

We have deleted Kingdom Locations since day one. It's Standard Operating Procedure. Initially, it was to prevent people from posting information that would allow others an unfair advantage when attacking. It could also lead to gang-banging, etc.

It was nothing personal, it was just what we've done from day one.
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

Quote Originally Posted by clawzzz View Post
    1. allowing other players' input might actually HELP the judgement of game moderators instead of hinder them. What does the report feature do? from experience, practically nothing, until much much later.
    2. locations? so if i say "abc kd", no one would know, or be able to find out? expecially since abc is a top kd?
    3. be pragmatic. a location was posted. intell which ANY user has access to and not any form of intel which can be exploited. why not delete every discussion on abs then. Since everyone knows where they belong.

Why don't you mods think through the reasons for implementing certain forum rules and actually learn to exercise some EQ and personal judgement before deleting threads blindly.
    unless you are saying that your account is a bot programmed to delete anything which contains ##:##
    (1) I fail to see how pasting their location here helps your case in any way, at all.

(2) If you have been following the kingdoms and charts this age, you will know that OMAC has responded speedily and followed up each reported kd. OMAC allows trading for the time being, but the fact that X has had their provinces restored clearly shows that they were only guilty of trading.

(3) No evidence = no case. You have none.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickster View Post
    The MODS can't do anything pertaining to the game in Utopia. Only the boards. Posting information here doesn't accomplish much of anything.

The ADMINS are the ones that can address issues of cheating. They get that information from the "report" link. That's why we ask you to use that method.

We have deleted Kingdom Locations since day one. It's Standard Operating Procedure. Initially, it was to prevent people from posting information that would allow others an unfair advantage when attacking. It could also lead to gang-banging, etc.

It was nothing personal, it was just what we've done from day one.
    no. it accomplishes something. OMAC has posted here countless times saying they read the utopia forums. Unless you are denying that for them?

well, like you said, INITIALLY, it was to prevent players having unfair advantages over one another. well, how about some revamp of totally useless rules? Like i said. Every player would be able to get the kd location just by clicking on "the world" page. Furthermore this is a high profile kd, location hardly matters.

Are you a robot? Who follows every single SOP set by whoever even though you don't know what that SOP is supposed to do? Even in big firms, SOPs are constantly broken to facilitate certain decisions and changes. What more a bloody forum.

forget it.

Forum Addict
    Absalomistic scum should be banned from these forums and utopia, for breaking several utopia rules for years and years. First of all, for making utopia a much much more boring place and for causing thousands of players to quit.

Clawzzz, stop acting like a dick. You made the thread as a joke, a bad one. I didn't even smile to myself when I read it. Everyone knows not to post locs, even you.

But maybe you can't help yourself, afterall you're an absalomite with degraded brain functions. You can claim to be absalomistic in the act of the crime, or whatever it's called.

I refuse to believe you are retarded enough to be serious with the thread, and still fight for it. Because imho, then you would be truly stupid.
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Fiend
    difference between me and you is: all you do is post insults.
    while i have a reasonable argument.

get your first erection and grow up.

Moderator for:
    Earth
    Utopia

I only mentioned locations because you said you didn't post them, which you did. I usually just edit them out. The main issue is that you used the forum to report a supposed violation, when there's another channel designed specifically for that purpose. That you don't want to use it because it's ineffectual or whatever, is not my concern; it's the correct way to report it, and believe it or not, the most effective. Case closed.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Utopia
    Earth
    Ya know, I used to be in Absalom ...and Barduvia...

But anyway, you'd have better luck using the link, than posting here.
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

Thread Information