Thread: Military Wages

Military Wages

Can someone please quantify the effect of military wage rates?

I haven't played for a long long time, and one of the new things is this ability to pay your military a rate other than the standard. The guide says your military will fight "better" if paid higher. However, I am wondering a couple things:

1) How fast does offense/defense increase relative to the military wage. Is it a straight progression or does the first extra 1% give more bonus than the next extra 1%?

2) Generally speaking, what do warring type provinces pay their troops?

I looked thru the entire forum for posts on Military Wage and only found one, which did not answer these questions.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    - The Humble Lord Hitman

Veteran
    1) It probably takes something like 24 hours to go from 100% to 200% don't have any specific numbers though, maybe someone else has. Pretty sure it is straight progression, 200% is +7.6% ME.

2) 200%.

1) dont remember really.. i think 150 is ~104.5.. its posted here somewhere..
    2) most people usually run 200%.. its probably far from always the best thing to do in war.. but meh..

It's not a straight progression. It is not far off of that though.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Increasing wage rates increases your ME. 200% will increase ME about 7% over 48 hrs.

And, if I understand your question #1, since increased wages increases ME, there is not a compounding factor involved between 150% and 200%. It is a straight line increase. I.E., if 150% would increase ME to 3.5% and your offense/defense points are otherwise 10,000, at 150%, your o/d would be 10,350 points. And, if you increased wages to 200%, your o/d would be 10,700 points.

As to question #2, I would imagine that would depend on many circumstances for any knowlegable prov. If you have sufficient cash to pay 200% and ran that as part of your strat, then if and when cash got short, you might drop your payrates for a few hours or longer. Dropping payrates for a few hours will not drastically change your ME, provided you raise it right back.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thread Information