Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it too late to stop the changes?

Post Fiend

Is it too late to stop the changes?

I really can forsee this trading system destroy the game, OMAC you can name the races Dog, Cats and Mouse but if this change is implemented you do realise the implications are irreversible and unless you do a major reshuffle the game will die....

Post Fiend
    um no.

the game will survive, people have lived through worse, and people have left from better.

we will just plod along, and continue to dwindle, atleast they are prepared to try different things, and if this doesnt work, they can always change and try something else or revert things to the way they began.

also reshuffling as always isnt an answer. shoo.

Post Fiend
    YOu do realise that trading all your account into a kingdom is irreversible, i'm saying they can mess with the game mechanics all they want, they can make inbalanced race but this is a change which will have severe consequences.

It is providing too many avenue to cheating, and things will only become worse and worse.

To reduce cheating,trading and multi-ing, the way to go is defintely not to make it easier and allow even more loopholes to exploit.

It'll be even harder to monitor for cheaters than what already is.

how do you figure it will be harder? this will simplify things immensely start thinking about this from a more practical position!

most people believe that the top is going to cheat no matter what - right? I think we can all agree that if we had this rule or not people were going to continue to trade - they will also continue to pay for proxies so they can xlog or trade without detection.

now that trading is legal -those scary top kds are not going to trade more than they already do - because they will still have the same kind of turn over - they also are not going to buy less proxies or more proxies than they already do - so the top is not going to change at all.

Now lets look at the kds that would be top if they just had a few more good active players but they never trade cuz they dont want deletions - now is their chance to trade in a few good players! never before have the "bottom" kds had a chance to get good players into their kds legally to help them become even better players!

and for you that are worried about the "ghetto" kds and new players - this is also perfect for them. if they are active players the kds above them will start to recruit them and they will move up and become stronger players and then they will remember the guy who was in the ghetto with them and invite him up too and soon people will realize that activity is the key to getting into a better kd and they will do the same. now mr monarch of a ghetto can also see that he can ask friends in other kds to join him - perhaps 2 ghettos who meet on the battlefield will choose to combine and merge and now they will be able to do so legally.

who knows maybe those shells that have a handful of players with proxies will now be able to fill them up with people since trading is so much easier....

also - if omac is controlling trading they will be able to track cheaters a little easier - because everything will be upfront and when we make that new game account next age i am willing to bet they already have new tracking programs ready to watch for illegal activity.

I think that this is going to work out just fine - as long as its the people who join the kd on a trade and not their already created oop pumped up province!

Have faith that omac has already thought out the repercussions and will deal with cheaters. My guess is once you get deleted for cheating its going to be really hard to trade where you want to be!

Bottom kingdoms don't know any good players.
    If they did, they'd have traded those good players in, or the good players would have taught the bottom kingdoms how to trade, and they wouldn't be on the bottom.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

yep vt but they do war other bottom kds and then they can merge with kds they meet that way - also they can meet people thru genesis - and if they notice that players who are active are trading out it could motivate them to also be more active - i think it will actually help them out!

This change wont help bottom kd's all that much. OMAC did say a LIMITED amount of account shuffling would be allowed. I can't imagine OMAC allowing much more than three accounts, per kd, per age being allowed to be traded. So, we wont see ghetto merging with ghetto, or kd's filling up with friends, and improving over night. If account shuffling is limited to three, it will take seven ages, almost two years, to fill up a kd with traded accounts.

The problem with bad kd's isn't so much that they don't have good players, because many of them do. The problem is when these good players try to teach and improve the kd, no one listens, or understands the concept of a team game. With legal trading, these players WILL leave for a better kd. The argument can be made that this will make bad kd's even worse, but bad kd's will be bad kd's no matter what happens.

yep basically my point - trading will help those who want to be helped

Boo hoo, the world as we know it will be destroyed. Again.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

only if we are lucky cw

I do have concerns, though. Specifically, this seems to be a little rushed considering that they don't have the details ready and haven't started asking for input sooner than 2 weeks before implementation. This is not a rushing matter.

You forget that people want to play with friends rather than random strangers. This will mean growth for Utopia and a better experience for newbies that are invited into a kd. Those will be trained rather than killed out.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

I like playing with strangers. I just want to make sure that they accept KD policy and expectation level.

Wasnt the idea with utopia to make friends of those strangers??? you can go play some other games with your friends

Or you can make friends with strangers and team up with them.

Thread Information