Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it too late to stop the changes?

Post Fiend
    This is not the way to solving anything.

Opening more avenues to allow for cheatin will only make it worse, regardless of the arguments for it.

THere is no such thing as 'improving' and 'reducing' cheating.

The more you allow it, the worse it becomes.

Soon there will be many kingdoms with 25 provinces and maybe 3-4 real players, you will start see-ing 25 province waves in an hour, you will start see-ing chained provinces suddenly swapping for a pumped province in war, the list will never end.

I can imagine the chaos and bugs and endless complaints next age?

I think there are enough issues with cheating to want to create the means for more people to cheat.

The thing is, we don't know if OMAC is planning to have a stricter approach towards cheaters or not, after allowing this type of account-sitting.

Perhaps they are working on a mega-cheater-detector x) ^^

Maybe there will be an automatism, and they won't wait for cheat-reports, and just delete/freeze accounts when the system detects accounts with "unusual" activity - thinking about they already know, who is using proxies, multies. etc

Post Fiend
    How strict they are to cheaters and what anit-cheat system they want to implement has nothing to do with the issue of legalized trading.

This is without a doubt a step backwards in trying to reduce cheating.

Opening up more avenues to 'trading' will not reduce multis/cheaters, on the contary we are opening up even more avenues to cheat.

"Please note however that this system is experimental"

Post Fiend
    Once you traded your multis and farms in, the deed is done.

Permanent.

Irreversible.

Who cares if they remove the system in the future?

The damage will have been done

Post Fiend
    your a fool.

1. you dont trade farms into your own kd, thats just stupid, the whole idea of a farm is to have external kd resources to use... the fact you dont know that almost makes me want to question whether or not you know what a multi is...

2. most people multi to test different strats or to play with a larger group of people, therefore again your not going to move your multi's around, since it will likely set off alarm bells for OMAC when someone moves a prov into a kd which has the same ip as one from that kd ar=lready...

3. nothing is permanent, you can be deleted, you can be moved, you can even be banned from the game for playing in a way OMAC deems unacceptable, therefore its possible even if they dicide not to run a trading system, any traded provs can be deleted, moved or banned from the game.

4. with or without a trading system, people will trade, at the top and at the bottom, and all inbetween, all this system will do is allow joe average the chance to play in an environment they choose, with people they know, like, trust. where as cheaters will likely just continue on as always seeking whoever meets there requirements, activity, game knowledge or friendliness, this proposal wont change that, just give people a reason to invite there friends to play, so that they can share the utopian experience.

5. please learn more of the game and system before next you cry wolf... otherwise you will lose more credibility.

Post Fiend
    BladeMaster = Worse than a fool

I dont even need to comment on your comments cause you have already lost all credibility the moment you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by poei View Post
    BladeMaster = Worse than a fool

I dont even need to comment on your comments cause you have already lost all credibility the moment you posted.
    I agree with bm.. Why would anyone move in farm/multi? In this game you need 25 people, not 24 and a farm.

Your points are weak..

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    I like playing with strangers. I just want to make sure that they accept KD policy and expectation level.
    I prefer playing with friends.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    By farm i can be referring to a cash cow.

And maybe swap them in and then ship it out again.

Or maybe i can rope in 4-5 of my friends, and we can do 4-5 provinces each.

Lets assume we all have non-static IP.

Currently, we can have many accounts, but we cant get all of them together.

With this new change, we can easily swap all our multis in, and form a immediate kingdom.

We'll wave at the same time daily.

The bottom line is, this trading/sitting thing opens up too many avenues to exploit.

Once we're all traded in, who cares if this change gets removed next age?

We'll already be in 1 happy kingdom, we log in with different IP, we're immediate SK.

Post Fiend
    We'll already be in 1 happy kingdom, we log in with different IP, we're immediate SK.
    You don't become a top kingdom just by having 25 traded accounts, you have to actually know how to play and be active. Trade in the 24 worst inactive players you can find and you won't be a SK.

Post Fiend
    I wun go too wrong if i can make 25 attacks in 1 hour, and again and again

Post Fiend
    You'd be surprised.

I can picture all those ultra-hip ghettos, with their 25 zero knowledge provinces, getting in 25 attacks in the first hour, half of which are bounces against the enemy's monarch, and then opping the other one they landed 12 on for all his peasants.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

With this new change, we can easily swap all our multis in, and form a immediate kingdom.

The bottom line is, this trading/sitting thing opens up too many avenues to exploit.

maybe maybe maybe - dont you think you are making a lot of assumptions here? why the hell would omac let you swap in and out a prov as you want?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

What is wrong with cash cows in kd? U will aid it, not farm it. U explained nothing with this.

Read what Bishop said.

This isn't defined yet, so cannot comment, nor you should. From what I understood, u would be able to do sitting, but not if u already have province in that kd.

So? We all have non-static IP, 90% at least. But have fun plugging in-out ur modem every 5 mins..

Get kd shell and u got instant 25 provs.

Not correct. Drop ur multies in and watch them die.

Have fun with that too.. Managing 4-5 provs at top lvl isn't that easy.

You can do that now. Go try and see how long you will live and how fast u will burn out, w/o ever becoming SKD..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Thread Information