Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it too late to stop the changes?

Regular
    I am actually looking forward to seeing these changes go in....it at least gives some legit control over kingdom building rather than the age old...

1. Kill farm
    2. Kill belligerent n00b
    3. Try to rally your once supportive and now inactive provinces
    4. Rinse/Repeat all age, for 3-4 ages until you finally have a good crew.

I mean at least this gets players talking, gets relationships being built and you finally have some control over where your kingdom goes in the future. I'm going to want to see this system before I listen to all the nay-saying because I really don't think it's going to change much other than giving those who do follow the rules a legit way to kingdom build.

Post Fiend
    I can picture all those ultra-hip ghettos, with their 25 zero knowledge provinces, getting in 25 attacks in the first hour, half of which are bounces against the enemy's monarch, and then opping the other one they landed 12 on for all his peasants.
    Ghetto does not mean they are noobs. Lots of good players stuck in Ghetto kingdoms.

Have fun with that too.. Managing 4-5 provs at top lvl isn't that easy.
    Not when they all are the same race and with the same build it's not.

Ezzerland
    first point is valid, the second one you have to consider multiple wars, different wave times, kingdom desired builds/strats

it's easy to mutli and do what you listed, it not easy to multi in different kds playing at top level, so that's really only valid if the provs are in the same kd.

even then, you have to consider nw differences, proper war strategies, being around to check throne for incoming ops etc, a lot of the advantages of hyperactivity or lost when attempting to run multiple provs in a kd yourself.

Post Fiend
    But they were talking about 'in the same kingdom'. I agree with you on the 2nd part. But as we all know there are many people that play this game that do have that kind of knowledge and activity.

Ezzerland
    not so many, anymore, and even so, the most of them that had such 'knowledge and activity' often used scripts to help them manage everything, and these very same people frequently lost wars to legitimate (traded only) kingdoms that did not multi/x-log etc. And, in fact, these same such players have never really accomplished any of their goals. Instead, they, almost all of them, have retired or cracked under the stress.

you dont want to be playing 5 provs on a top kd level. you wont last long. you wont be playing 5 'same' provs, but 5 different provs with different sizes (due to different size attacks) and different ops recieved etc. dont care if somone goes for it and spends their time on it. as its not hard to beat a kd played like that by 25 real people playing. as ezzerland said, happened before and often failed.

Post Fiend
    yeah its all well and good to say you can play 5 provs in a top kd, but its not point and click, you could be 1000's of acres apart in size, you could have them running different strats for where they are at, you could have converted one into a bank, you could have.... it doesnt matter if they are all elf/mystic there can be alot of things that happen to one or two that doesnt effect any of the others...

but i would love to see someone try it, just because it would be great to lose the lamer fropm the game.

Interesting points Ezzerland. Are you referring to anyone in particular?
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    Multiple accounts in a same kingdom is easy as hell to control, i don't need 10, just 4-5.

Couple of my friends can control more.

Deletion wun even mean anything to anyone anymore, just get invited right back!

Welcome to the new age of never dying multis and destruction of playing field.

Talk about new kingdom building and helping the 'mid level' kingdom

Bah

It is more likely we're going to see top kingdoms ship out the few bad players they have, accumulate any good players out there.

Nice work, encouraging the good to cluster, and the bad to cluster, all age long!

playing 5 i piece of cake. its just in wars that you might get a bit sad if you cant keep your **** together, and even so youll hurt in war by not being able to put enough dedication into saving the ones that get ****ed ;p

what i dont like about the new system is that i cant go play in a slacky kd with 8-9 friends of mine (unless i trade it up before end of age ofc) but id have to wait for x weeks before i got enough trade credits to do so.. thats like the only thing i could see the whole trade **** being useful for in first place, and thats not possible to do. great.

Thread Information