Thread: GB protection in war, 1st 24 hours

Post Fiend

GB protection in war, 1st 24 hours

Simple question really. Does reduced GB protection gradually kick in during war like other war effects? or is GB protection down as soon as the war button is pressed?

I'm also interested to know the exact numbers if anyone has them.

From experience I think the protection caps out earlier as opposed to being reduced in a linear fashion?

It's nullified pretty much instantly, as an effect of the 'stance' that is war.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Im looking forward to the guide getting revamped so we have this kinda stuff set in stone as a reference.

Im 14 hours into war, enemy prov had been hit twice already, was on "moderately hit"

Angel said 114-141 acres on him, im lower NW by far. Someone else in my KD was equal NW, hit him for 169 acres, I re-copied throne/kd/kd/did new CB, my estimate gains are 87-107, he has "hit pretty heavily recently".

I think thats quite noticable GB protection, around a 25% drop in gains. Now I'm unsure who to hit :P

Sir Postalot
    in war, max protection is 80%
    OOW its like 25-30% for "heavily hit"

Reduced GBP takes effect immediately, that is why chaining can be down effectively right after you click the war button, but is so ineffective out of war. Things that do not take immediate effect include
    (1) Reduced out of war gains
    (2) Reduced attack times.

But yes generally GBP is pretty much removed right after clicking the war button, honor gains are also implemented right after clicking the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    Im 14 hours into war, enemy prov had been hit twice already, was on "moderately hit"

Angel said 114-141 acres on him, im lower NW by far. Someone else in my KD was equal NW, hit him for 169 acres, I re-copied throne/kd/kd/did new CB, my estimate gains are 87-107, he has "hit pretty heavily recently".

I think thats quite noticable GB protection, around a 25% drop in gains. Now I'm unsure who to hit :P
    Ishandra, no offence to BG, he's done an awesome job so far but the gains formula on Angel is so outdated it's laughable.
    Last edited by clarey; 25-10-2008 at 16:16.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

True my hits are usually a bit different to predicted, but is does point me in the right direction as to which hit will give me more, the guy with a better NW for me, or the guy whos taken less hits. Usually ;)

Thread Information