Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars - The Saga Continues

Post Fiend

Star Wars - The Saga Continues

Name:  StarWarsLogo.png
Views: 147
Size:  34.4 KB

The galaxy is in turmoil! The rebel forces launched a daring assault on the second Death Star, a space station of incomprehensible power. Built by the Galactic Empire, driven by the Dark Side of the Force, it was thought that nothing could stand in it's way. But the Rebel Army knew different, and they fought a desperate battle in the space above Endor in the hopes of crushing the last great weapon of the Empire. But inside, a far more sinister, and important, battle was being fought.

Luke Skywalker, champion of the Force and the Rebel Army, was brought before Emperor Palpatine, the wretched Darth Sidious himself. Sidious sought to turn Luke to the Dark Side, to have him help crush the hopes of his friends. Skywalker resisted, even to the point of fending off the attacks from his very own father, Anakin Skywalker known as Darth Vader. As the battle, both physical and mental, waged on, Luke remembered everything he was taught, everything that must be done. Everything hung on what he was destined to do. Luke Skywalker was a true hero. He would risk his life to defend those weaker than himself.

But even great heroes can fall. In a sudden, unsensed rage, Luke launched himself at Sidious, striking him down with hatred in his eyes.

Outside, the battle raged. Even unshielded, the immobile Death Star shrugged off the worst the Rebel Army threw at it, destroying Mon Calmari cruiser after cruiser. And then, in a twist of sheer luck, the final blow was dealt. In a searing explosion the Death Star was destroyed, blasted into billions of particles. The Rebel Army rejoiced, and everyone waited to welcome home the heroes of the day. But Luke never came back.

No one could find him. Not even Leia could feel the mind of her twin. She had not felt his death, it was as if he never existed....

--------------------------------------------------------

(I planned on more, but that obviously failed. I want to write more tomorrow before we start. I still need to set the current setting, 8 years after these events. Hope you like it so far!)
    Last edited by LordKain; 21-10-2008 at 04:07.

Post Fiend
    That was nearly eight years ago. Thrown into disarray once again, the Rebel Army scattered. They continued to fight, and still do to this day. Slowly they have begun to solidify again, gathering in a single location their most powerful ships. Many would likely criticize that decision, as the Empire would love to stumble upon such a gathering. However, the Rebel leadership feel quite confident the Empire will almost never find them. After all, the Force will always find a way.

Around seven years ago, coinciding mysteriously with the first anniversary of the destruction of the second Death Star, Leia received a message brought by a very unexpected messenger. The Force spirit of Yoda met with Leia, and he infomed her of several most intersting things. The first was that a new planet had been discovered, far beyond the reach of the Empire. The discovery of a new planet was interesting enough, but that was not all, for this planet was sentient. Yoda, along with several others, had heard it's calling through the Force and responded quickly. They had gathered many Force sensitives there, most much older than the norm used to be for new Jedi in training, and set to task training them. Yoda was not the only ghost of the past to teach the young students. Obi-Wan had stayed behind along with the old Grand Master, ready to see through the destruction of this evil presence. There was still yet another who had joined them from beyond this life. A true Jedi warrior, almost unmatched in his combat prowess: Master Mace Windu.

You see, just like it was said earlier: the Force will always find a way. The planet, being sentient and in a far location from the Galactic Core, was a haven for the Jedi. Haven, as it wished to be called now, was constantly masking it's presence, a surprisingly easy feat for something of it's magnitude. They resided in a rather unusual spot as well, almost at the tip of the Unknown Regions, smack between Csilla and Lwhekk, to the Galactic Northwest of the Core. After seven years of training, the time had finally come. Yoda and the other Jedi Masters of old sensed a great evil growing, and the time to stop it had arrived. They only hoped their students could tackle the task ahead of them.

(HOLY CRAP! A post from me! It might take some time to get things situated still, and I have to post a basic char sheet, just need to get my RPG papers pulled out :3)

Veteran
    OOC: Is this OOC too? Or just IC? I'll just leave it blank later if it's IC.

Not entirely where I thought you would go with it, but I can help you out and give it a shot. :)

Post Fiend
    (I actually dunno haha, I accidentally made it both. I'll have two separate, though. We can always get extra crap deleted in here, so it's cool. I'll make an OOC by the time the thread starts. What direction did you expect, exactly? I was going for something quite unique, I think I got that, at least, though =D lol)

Veteran
    OOC: Definitely unique. ;)

I didn't expect mace, a sentient planet (cool idea that I like) or a ghost training academy. That I'm not so sure about. You'll have to elaborate with supplemental info before I'm totally bought on that.

In fact, you probably should have mentioned that while we were already into the story instead of making one paragraph synopsis of your idea. But aside from that, very very interesting.

I really like the ambiguous luke. :)

Post Fiend
    (Yeah, well I was trying to get all the main stuff out. I know it was rushed in the end, but I didn't want to make the intro too long, I always get bored reading long ones lol The start isn't going to jump right into it, there will be some time spent on the planet before the group compares and such. What type of extra info were you thinking? I know there's more to it than I have said, but I'll be damned if I can remember off the top of my head. I really made the idea sound crappier than the actual plan is, so I do apologize to everyone for that ><)

Veteran
    OOC: Edit buttons work nicely. ;)

I don't know, just anything that would make it make more sense or would present the idea more clearly. Cause at the moment I don't really know where to start as far as even thinking of a character. Though I must say I was thinking of a Rodian or twi'lek if not a human. Would I have to play one of the forcers on the planet? what race are they? strengths, weaknesses?

Sounds like a good start, LK. Now get those char sheets up please! ;D

Hopefully I can be a Kel Dor. (Plo Koon was always my favourite Jedi Master! ;P)

It makes good sense, seeing as how many powerful force-wielding Kel Dor, (known as the Baran Do Sages), remained in obscurity, separate from the Jedi Academy. Therefore, many of them were not purged as throughoutly as the Jedi of other races by Order 66. And afterwards, the sages began looking for more children with sensitivities to the force to be trained.

Post Fiend
    (Yeah, but I have no time to do it properly -.- A QnA works so much better at present lol

Well Haven does not have a humanoid race living natively on it. The people training and living there are from around the galaxy. I would, of course, prefer Force Users, as the other miscellaneous roles are essentially filled. However, exceptions can be made of course. A Rodian or Twi'lek would work, but likely not the Rodian. Remember Rodians are mostly hunters and such, it's rare to have some that are in tune with the Force. Course, exceptions can be made, but I do require plausibility for all characters (unless it's just kick arse unique, maybe, lol). There is one unique character I have on the Light Side that is rather nifty (and, actually, two on the Dark Side hehehehe). But you are free to pick for a wide variety of races. If you can get your hands on *cough*buy/torrent*cough* a copy of the Ultimate Alien Anthology, do so. It's an awesome read and has just about every race in the Star Wars galaxy in it, with detailed descriptions and tips on what sort of characters that race is good for.

The Jedi have been shuttled from around the Galaxy to live and train on Haven. They are actually six teachers. Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Windu form the essentials of experience and teachings. There are three others who are the oldest and most adept of the students that assist with the physical aspects of Force use and (especially) fighting. Force Spirits have limited control on the world around them, so they have the other three give any sort of physical demonstration/application of the Force (I'm not trying to change a slew of core things in the universe, after all lol).

There is also a whole logistical and support side to it all, along with a decent Rebel Army contingent (I didn't mean to suggest all their forces were there, just a significant amount). There's a special ship I even made just for our heroes :3

The planet is fully sentient (and not Zonama Sekot) and capable of moving about. Mostly they cling to the Unknown Regions, Haven being able to 'cloak' itself so that them Empire cannot locate it.

Like I said, the starting will be before the actual mission is purposed, perhaps even having some PC-Rped/controlled training sessions to allow the PCs the get a 'feel' for their Jedi :D This is based on an RPG campaign I have -mostly- planned out, so I do have a set objective. The set portion pertains to just locations and goals, course. PCs will be able to be creative in everything they do, and yes there is the very real possibility of them dying. I have no qualms about killing off a character is they do something ridiculous. I'm fair and judgmental, but people shouldn't push their luck ^^ That just adds a bit of realism to it all hehe

Anything else you wanna know? I'm happy to answer more)

Well the most important question that comes to mind is when are you going to post the character sheet? =P

Post Fiend
    (lol soon, soon. I still gotta find my char sheets and figure out what I do and don't want to use. I mean, I'm not going to impose dice rolling and HP and all that (though stats for just reference and such might be decent), though I will possibly for tough things. But it's still nice to have a decent basis for a sheet)

Regular
    I'm in of course.

One possible problem for me though. I haven't read any of the books really, only watched the movies. Any sites you can think of that I could use as a reference or that has a good synopsis of the books?

I'm in!

Veteran
    OOC:

-Darlok, there is a wikipedia of sorts that I can't remember the name of... But if you wikipedia a starwars subject (mara jade is a good one) then go to external links (I think i found it originally in Emperor Palpatine's section) it will link there. Put in BBY and it will put in major events. Look up Luke, and just follow from there, as even though it is a very segmented story (by characters), Luke is still the main protagonist.

However, I don't think you'll need to worry too much about that. Mainly you'll have to look at races and aspects of the force. Also how things are dated (ABY and BBY being the most accepted timeline reference; After Battle of Yavin, and Before Battle of Yavin)

-----------

I'm in as well.

I can guess you will use Haven as an Anti-deathstar, in a sense. Or an organic one at least, in communion with Yoday, Mace, and Obi, and one of the things that allow them to retain their spirit forms in the physical universe. (Something that big and brought to be sentient by the force must have quite the abundance of it, thus being an anchor to any wandering force-spirits.)

also, there are many outer-rim species that were not under galactic control, such as tatooine, where by my count 5 different jedi were present at one time or another mostly unmolested and unbothered. There are probably dozens of planets like such that the empire never got hold of. Also in the rebel fleet, I'm sure there were plenty of pilots, mechanics, medics, tactical leaders, that were sensitives but never acknowledged.

Wookieepedia. Over 61,000 articles... I try to stay away from wikis becase I can get lost sooooo easy, and end up reading for hours. It's a nice insomnia remedy though :)

I'm in too!
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Thread Information