Thread: Getting onto IRC

Getting onto IRC

One of the things i really dont like with school, is their anti-IRC-ideology.
    Another thing i really dont like, is that i tend to get "15 min ban - Seission limit exceeded" when trying to connect throught mibbit.

Ive also tried connecting throught other ports (7000, 9056) with ChatZilla.

Can anyyyyone please make something work? My fingers have begun to get itchy, and im out of ideas. Pretty please?

Try using utonets/uts java client.
    Get a bnc somewhere that runs of a different port ;)

Guess i didnt mention that JavaChats are pretty much blocked aswell.

And did i understand bnc correctly: Its a program that connects to IRC throught a server? So one would have to fetch a server somewhere that supports it? :P

google cgi:irc and find one that works

A bouncer, often abbreviated as BNC, is used to relay traffic and connections in computer networks, such like a proxy. Using a bouncer allows a user to hide the original source of the user's connection, providing privacy as well as the ability to route traffic through a specific location. A bouncer can also be used to hide the true target to which a user connects.
    IRC usage

One common usage is over Internet Relay Chat (IRC) via a bouncer running on remote servers. In such an environment, where it is very easy to ascertain a user's IP address a BNC may help to hide the original connection source, as well as providing the opportunity for fun "vhosts" or "virtual hosts". The use of a vhost does not conceal the connection any better, but merely adds a statement as the hostname. [1]

A bouncer may also remain connected to an IRC server in the event the client should disconnect from the Internet. Often state changes are tracked so that they may be relayed to the client upon reconnection. Some implementations opt to store all messages sent across the network that the client would have normally received, and send them upon the clients reconnection; this is often considered to be much too resource dependent for commercial hosting services to provide. Other logging features and bot like functions may be included with various implementations but are not standard.

Example:

User A logs onto IRC directly and appears as USER!user@255.255.255.0
    User A logs onto IRC indirectly through a bnc and appears as USER!user@example.net
    Note: example.net is a fictional example, and in this context it would resolve to the IP address, or hostname of the BNC.
    in your case its more to hide the irc source than to hide your own source from irc thats the goal though, but works both ways.. just make sure the bnc runs on a port accepted and your fine. (or connect to the bnc through cgi:irc, that should also work and you wouldnt get into the 15minutes blabla ban thingie)

www.web-irc.org

this one is ok too, doesn't run java and I never get booted like mibbit.

it will if more than 5(?) people use it same time.
    you see, its usually server policy that boots it, nothing more really.

I think the limit is 3 people. and since you now posted it here where people will see it you might start getting booted again.

Thread Information