Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: returning player - advice needed on Human/Merchant

Homes over libs even for 500 bpa. Can't see using libs at all for anyone with current way of getting science. 13% homes gives you one more population unit per acre before modifiers increase it. Raises BE, too.

Because of DBE (declining building efficiency) having more than 20% TGs or forts is not the best use of land. 18% should be fine. 13% rax will give you 12 hour attack times in war which should be good enough for all but the top kds. If you are not going to use self spells in war (not something I would advise), you could cut down on the towers to 2%. Steal some if you have trouble getting CBs or don't mess with CBs. Use a SoM translator and attack with that. Alliancerankings.com has one.

I'm not a big fan of going half def spec half elite for military. Looks too net worth heavy to me. If you do put in some off specs, make sure to mount them. Elites do not need stables.

You should be putting a lot of gold into science, as much as you can. The top three are alchemy, tools, housing. If you are going to try and pump, do alchemy first. Then housing and tools. Then whatever else you want.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Regular
    lib doesnt only affect pop bonus.
    building 10% libs when one has 500bpa+ ( if you distrubute the sci points crime, ach, tools, pop and some channeling) it gives more benefit as a human because of the obvious science advantage human gets.

Post Fiend
    dont be a fool, there is no correlation between WPA and strength of military.

it just means i have less peasants, and if you think my sciences suck, think again. =)

Regular
    ok fool, please use your brain to analyze what you just said.
    63-65% draft rate, 3.5TPA, 3 WPA and able to keep a decent military strength??
    Are you going to post some Vine's number to support that?

Sure let's get that draft rate up and then ruin your economy so you can "seem" to have a good defense against magic. Sure everyone can have a great TPA/WPA while keeping military strenght, but you have to draft higher which cause your economy to go down the drain. Your wpa is just suppose to stop any typical A/T or pure attacker from doing ops on you. If you think it will stop people harassing you from A/M or T/M, either they are doing a terrible job, or you are WAY overdoing it. 1.5 WPA and with some subpar science will take care of that.

i had 1400 bpa with 15% lib, 19% pop bonus. I would have to draft 75%+ to get WPA/TPA your listed and at the same time get some decent miltary.
    keep living in your own little world of being a decent A/T/M as a human with our magic disadvantage
    Last edited by Ced; 03-11-2008 at 08:15.

Thread Information