Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me choose

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Really? I went with no defense and it worked like a gem.

See how easy it is to lie when you don't post stats?

i went all elite and suicided and it worked like a gem.
    dont listen to vt2, elites are good for you. if youre warring saved up credits are worth tons more than the nw inflation hurts you for sure..

i went all elites and suicided too, didnt work as well as for raki, but worked out pretty good all together.

Gnomes arent inflated because of using all elites (hell they're the cheapest elites in the game) they're inflated because they have 15% more population, therefore troops, per acre. Even more if they are Arti and running high homes (which most GN do).

I dont see the point of running more than 80% elites though unless you are a farm province. You'll never leave less than 20% troops at home even with a suicide.

Banned
    All I see is people turtling. You can tell if a province turtles by the amount of there science. The more science bonus they have that mean the long they have been around the same size just learning science. Me on the other hand as soon as I got my land build and new military built up would most always do another attack. I play gnome this age so yeah a gnome does not need to turtle it all depends on one's style.

Don't listen to a word that vines types.
    He's a dirty liar, and possibly the most hated person in the game.

Yes, idiot - gnomes do need to turtle. Why, how else do you think you managed to grow so big?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    lol Vines your not even a team player in your kingdom. You were being attacked to kill you off but then you defected today. You outgrew your kingdom and refused to listen to them so that the kingdom would all be able to work together plus you didnt attack that much during wars other than for your own gains. How many kingdoms put banners up to remove a province from their kingdom lmao. That was funny when i seen that.

Ishander
    I dont see the point of running more than 80% elites though unless you are a farm province. You'll never leave less than 20% troops at home even with a suicide.
    lol, i think i left less than that on the majority of my attacks ;e

---

turtling is nice when you start dicing, before that you dont really have any def at home anyway.. doesnt matter if youre gnome or orc if you got your troops out 24/7 =)

and vines, turtling doesnt mean you dont grow, it just means you grow differently.. has nothing to do with amount of science really.. and youre hardly turtling when youre out learning science..

so for a gnome/rogue A/T, what would u guys recommend for TD's % and ratio of off specs/def/elites

and also, y do so many people recommend a lotta homes for gnomes? They already get 15% as it is...

Sir Postalot
    15-20% td's with 4-5 raw tpa
    gnomes need the homes to counteract their BR -ve
    also, homes give 33*1.15 = 38 pop/acre

for army i say all elite except for what you get in spec credits into defspecs =) (dragon killing)

There are stats.

Went full elite 4 raw tpa.

15% Tds and a TG and racks combo for wars.
    Built def specs for credits and kept land OOW.

I know the number of attacks are low, but we just had 5 wars, won 4 and I am an inactive retired one, who started late.

Anyway, elits are ftw and 36 ppa is more ftw. Specs make you loose land oow, simple as that.

Highest Honor 4003 points
    Total Attacks Made 23
    Total Wins 22 (95.7%)
    Wins Against Larger Opponents 4 (17.4%)
    Average Relative Opponent Networth 83%
    Total Land Gained in Combat 3051 acres
    Attacks Suffered 2
    Times Defeated 2 (100.0%)
    Total Land Lost in Combat 548 acres

It's chinese, so you wouldn't know ;)

for the win.

I still don't understand why having 65dpa oow is not enough. Are people really going to choose me over a delf? And even if they are, why not simply get my dpa up to 70 or 75? Why all elites? I understand the conserving spec credits argument, but what about during a pump? The lower networth can't be worthless.

Thread Information