Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose

Can you prove it's really a disadvantage? That it makes you grow better? That spec users come off better in the long run than the elite users? Because that's what counts you know ;) So instead of asking me to prove it, you prove you're side is wrong. You're claiming it's an advantage, my very real experience is counter to that.

Atm I have 90k elits and 10k specs that I gained, that works rather well.

Had I gone 1:1:1 I'd have about 50k less NW. That's 5% less. But my dpa would have been in tatters.
    Last edited by Gothmog; 31-10-2008 at 21:34.

nw...works both ways i for one am a big fan of exploiting nw anyway possible...For Example

In wars against kingdoms with a few provinces that are quite a lot bigger merely dont build any new land...use all gc for training more units and sooner rather than later you can catch up with such provinces...

If you are a bottomfeeder you can use an inflated nwpa to bounce ops against you while attacking for 100-200 acres from the other kingdom

as alot of gnomes run bottomfeeding strats(due to their weak military) Alot of elites are beneficial...Mage ops will fail more and more often as the nw gap grows which allows for unfettered bf...

Now if you are a gnome trying to either topfeed or attack those your side...
    1. you chose the wrong race
    2. specs can be useful
    Taking back the InternetClickME

1 more point if you are attacking as a gnome...no hospitals is a killer and elites do not die as fast as specs....that to me would be worth the extra nwpa alone
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Post Fiend
    for me i try to keep inflation at a minimum hence more specs because then my fighting strength is at parity to those around my networth, not inflated to a level whereby my province is facing people with like way more off def than me just because my elite is 5/5 and it has lotsa nw.

Ced
    not sure why one would need more then 80-85 dpa OOW. Technically the more elites you run the lower your networth per acre defense is.
    thats highly irrelevant OOW. The only situation where high elites on a gnome is a big disadvantage is when youre in the range of the whoring kds and a big prov in a small kd. And even then youre better off running high elites than low elites because the lower def will get you attacked more.

defensively youre tons better off with high def even if it comes with higher nw. offensively it hardly matters either tbh.
    The only reason why i would think top gnome kingdom run all elites is because they are chasing for the top NW charts, so running all elites is a extra boost for them to get up there.
    well, if anyone has reason to keep nw low its the top kds though, so your logic is a bit flawed :) troops can be retrained, the reason why top kds are running elites is that it gives turtledef once you stop attacking. same reason why they use defspeccs if they train speccs with credits over offspeccs. (speccs for dragons are a must though if youre an all gnome kd either way you look at it though.. )

Gothmog
    indeed, if the nw is so god damn important why arent the same people employing nw dropping techniques like that more often?

Post Fiend
    gothmog, your an idiot.

firstly, my dragon will eat your damn all elite gnomes anyday.

secondly, gains matter, honour matters. Me being 10k lower NW than someone else gives hell better honour gains than if im inflated.

wheeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee.

the whole point in a warring kd is to at least try to keep nw at a minimum at the same fighting strength where possible.

and since gnome seems to be the only race able to do that because their elites are like their specs, why not?

the only reason to have more elites is that the ydont die so easy to MS, NM and NS =p

i thought the point in a warring kd was to win the war? and tbh, turtar gnomes do a lot better job at winning wars than offspec gnomes do..

and no, thats not the only reason.. you just dont get why turtle power in war is as good as it is..

Banned
    In 24 hours my province was able to draft 7,000 troops and put them all in trainning to became elites. My province is gnome. That's is not a turtle VT2 and his friends say things such as, "it has to be this way . . ." It is clear what level of play they are at.

Hey, vines, I do want that attack you've been promising me for the entire age.
    And yes, you are stupid, all-elite gnome turtle. Now go away.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I am still waiting for you to show me how it pays off to have 5% less NW and pay 10% more to get it, and have crap dpa oow.

And as for your little dragon there, I can just use those freebie specs for that,np.

As for honor, am a Count. Not sure how you're faring with your specs ;) See my elits enabled me to send that little extra in wars when we brought down bigger provs, handy with a bit extra NW then.

Your low NW thing is good only for bottomfeeding in wars, and if you have to do that you're:
    A) Crap at finding wartargets
    B) Playing the wrong race
    C) Sucking.

I am still waiting for one of you to use the argument: "But yeah if you're a good player elites would work better". Cause that would make me giggle a bit more.

Now, I want your data on those specusers, I wanna see how much better they did than me, seeing how I am an ignorant eliteuser which is totally out of touch with the game :-P

im a 10k +2M nw elite user :(
    elite users suck so badddddd

Some factual points, not opinions. Please try to dispute them.

Gnomes have higher NW because they have 15% more population, therefore 15% more NWPA from wizzies/thieves/pessies/troops. NW Values for land and individual troops/population are the same as all other races (other than elites/special specs).

Gnomes Specs are worth the same NW as anyone elses of same strength.

Gnome Elites are worth less NW than any other Elites.

Gnome Elites give MORE Offence and Defence per point of NW than Dwarfs, DElves, same as Elves, different to Orc cos they have offencive elites.

Gnomes Elites are cheaper to build than specs and allow you to store Credits for Free specs when you are not making Traditional Marches (such as when massacring/turtling).

Elites have a higher resistance to ops.

Now I dont see how running all Elites as a Gnome makes you NW inflated, compared to an all spec user who will have almost the same NW.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post

Gnome Elites give MORE Offence and Defence per point of NW than Dwarfs, DElves, same as Elves, different to Orc cos they have offencive elites.

Now I dont see how running all Elites as a Gnome makes you NW inflated, compared to an all spec user who will have almost the same NW.
    those 2 points are wrong =)

firstly, you are looking at elites by themselves, not with anything else

built land + 10 pez = 65 nw/a (basic example)
    Gnome
    2 elites
    75.5 nw/a
    5 off, 5 def (or 10 def when army home)
    0.066 op/dp nw

1 o-spec, 1 d-spec
    74 nw/a
    5 off, 5 def (5 def when army home)
    0.0676 op/dp nw

Dwarf
    2 elites
    79nw/a
    6 off, 6 def (12 def army home)
    .076 op/dpnw

NW Inflation
    2 gnomes, one running all elite, the other pure specs
    for every 20 elites on defense, the other prov can run 21 specs on defense for the same nw (meh...)
    for every 10 elites on offense, the other prov can run 13 specs on offense for the same nw (hmmm, 30% increase)

but the big issue lies in the fact that a gnome is not gonna be able to free up that extra 3 pop/acre, nor can a gnome survive if it cant turtle (simple in-arguable fact)

well, you could employ the low nw strat if your plan was to stay small..
    run like.. 70% ospec 20% dspec 10% elite.. done kd wide you can probably pull it off and do some nice stuff with it.. but meh =)

Thread Information