Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Noobs Orc Build...

Post Fiend
    As Palem said, well, just read his post...
    Guilds are useless in war, you need approx 5% to get your self spells off securely, but you could probably do with three if you have the runes to fail a bit. It's rather annoying to see so called skilled players running elfs with 20% guilds in war. Two things can happen in war, 1 you don't grow or get massacred/wizzie hunted and you don't need to waste 20% of your lands to guilds or 2 you grow or get massacred/wizziehunted and no matter how many guilds you get it wo't be enough to get your wpa decent before the war is over. So please stay off the guilds in war, and go 15% oow. Much better for your prov.
    And unless you're able to be online 24/7 it's usually a waste with rax, make two hits a day one in the morning and 1 in the evening and you will do your kingdom a world of good.
    Your army can't defend you much better when it's home, so it's better to keep it out as much as possible. And there goes the army returns for defense argument. If you're going to get rax it would be because you want more attacks, not more defence, or at the least that's the wrong way to look at it. just as GS is a totally wrong way to do things, get your defense up and it will save you a lot more then minimizing damage when you're hit.

And you def don't want to go elf, you want to go orc warrior, DE mystic or Gnome rogue, and only one of those are a decent attacker...

Post Fiend
    how about you try this war build?

70% drafted, 2:1 Elites: Def specs

8% farms
    20% TG
    10% barracks
    30% GS
    15% hospitals
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    2% dungeons

awright baby! now we're talking!

how about no? gtfo

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's not a bad strat actually lol

70% draft, no Homes and no Banks is a bad strat.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    70% Draft will bring you down to ~75% BE *with some science help*

Homes are debatable. Once you get to higher acres you would want to put some in, but not at lower acres.

Banks would be the real problem

It's not about BE only, it is also about economy. Your net profit will be too low, and Fireballs or Kidnappings would just wreck your province.

Post Fiend
    "70% draft, no Homes and no Banks is a bad strat."

ever heard of human kingdom mates who net 100k an hour at 1.5k acres?

saphhire dragons were born for a purpose.

wat r u tlking bout

Post Fiend
    what i am saying is that if economy is a problem, work humans into your kd strat.

if mages are giving you trouble, open up war with 24 hours of massacres, in any half decent kd, that will probably let you totally disable 6 mage provinces.

12 massacres per TM province in the enemy kd with 6-8 hour return times therefore a total of 6 disabled in a day.

with 70% draft, you will be able to break ANY tm. even if they got 20% forts and full elite DEs.

if you cant handle the thieves, up TPA to 3.5-4 raw, easily done with 70% draft, swap some buildings for WTs and send over a sapphire dragon.

Sir Postalot
    Toadi is right, 70% draft and no homes or banks is bad =)
    i struggle with 68% draft, 10% banks and no homes =(

Post Fiend
    do you have good kd members like me who feed you gc all the time?

or perhaps are you like my orcs who have 3.5 tpa and rob gold off noobs to sustain?

im actually considering goin elf/warrior

Post Fiend
    elf wh much better. long term you own their army and you get creds to save your economy.

do you have good kd members like me who feed you gc all the time?
    My Kingdommates are good but they run the same strategy as I do, in order to get a stronger Kingdom. Furthermore, they run stretched economies to optimize their province and can't afford helping others much, except in emergency situations.

or perhaps are you like my orcs who have 3.5 tpa and rob gold off noobs to sustain?
    My Orc has 3 TPA raw, but I can't find any noobs around my size :(

ever heard of human kingdom mates who net 100k an hour at 1.5k acres?
    1.5k acres, that's like 2 weeks of play. And after this?

if you cant handle the thieves, up TPA to 3.5-4 raw, easily done with 70% draft, swap some buildings for WTs
    Gnomes with 5/6 TPA raw and Thieves' Dens won't care about your 3/4 TPA raw and Watchtowers. You don't seem to realize how thievery is easy to perform these days.

The 70% Draft, no Homes and no Banks is a terrible strat, there is nothing more to say about it. It doesn't work in real conditions. Of course if you are fed all the time and can't grow that's fine, but that's still not practical.

Thread Information