Thread: Newbie coming back

Newbie coming back

I played in the last age and I want to come back and make another province when the current age ends, but I don't know where to start. A lot seems to have changed. When did jolt start running the forums here? What on earth happend?

Well, enough about that. The real reason I came here is for help. When I played Utopia, I played for the social aspect. I spent more time in the KD forums than I did anywhere else. I had a lot of fun, but never really took the "game" seriously. I just did what I was told. I had a basic strat saved on my computer that I followed. I was an orc warr. In war I looked to the atakers guild for targets and out of war I maxed my army and attacked for science. It was a really simple strat na I liked it because it made my KD happy because I was helping, and it made me happy because it wasn't overly complicated

Is there anyway I can go back to enjoying Utopia? or is the social aspect dead? All I see is people whining and complaining about how the game is broken. If I do plan to stay here, are the changes for next age out yet? What strat would one recommend for someone clueless? I just want something simple. Last time I played an orc warrior and just hit the attack button every once in ahwile after getting my target from the attacker guild.
    Last edited by bmbeeman; 01-11-2008 at 06:18.

Im almost in the same boat, I remember undead, faeries, avians, and all those other fun races. Im having a difficult time figuring out a nice buildable strat as a
    dorf/merch or shep A/?
    orc/war or war hero A, A/T
    human/? A/T

an M/T prov seems like it could be a difficult one to play for a newb, or just simply an easy target for big attackers

do what you did the first time.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Don't play TM though. Your kd will not appreciate it

Thread Information