Thread: Looking for newbie attacker strat

Looking for newbie attacker strat

I played Utopia two ages ago and enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed the social aspect of the game, but never really got serious about the "game." I saw that the age was ending soon and thought it would be a nice time to come back and give it another shot. I came here for help to get going. When I played last time I was an Orc Warrior. I had a pretty straght forward approach. Attack for science and train an army out of war, and grow in land during war. It pretty much boiled down to hittign the attack button when my army came home and keeping soldiers trained. This gave me the freedom to not worry so much about my province and get things done and allow me more time to hang around the kingdom forums and have some fun. The attackers guild in my old Kingdom was an especially unique group of people.

So, with the new age starting where should I look for a strat? Can I have something similar to what I had back then. All I really had was a list of percentages and numbers saved on my computer that I would replicate in my province.

Wait for race changes (if any as OMAC has given a strong sign of implementing some..)

I just realized I was looking at the changes for the past age. I guess it would be a good idea to wait until the next age rules are set in stone. The site says it ends on 11/3, how long until the server is reset and the new age begins?

Post Fiend
    "WoL and Genesis both end on Monday 3rd Nov, WoL will restart on Tuesday 4th Nov wheras Genesis will take a break for 1-2 weeks"

I've decided to take a different approach based on some things said to me. I'm looking into Utopiapimp and I've downloaded angel on my computer, as well as metatron. They are really great programs from what I can see and make life a heck of a lot easier and appear to be essential if you want to be accepted in your kingdom. I've got the wheels in my head turning on what I want to do and so far I've come up with a couple things. I'm waiting to see what they do with Dwarves because that's a race I've always wanted to play, but so far I'm leaning towards based on what role I want to play:

1. Orc Warrior (Heavy Attacker)
    2. Human Shepherd (Attacker/Thief)
    3. Dwarf TBA

I went ahead and made an account and landed in a random kingdom. I explained my situation and they were very helpful. I've had several players recommend I play an A/t because it adds versatility that a plain A doesn't have. They also advised me agianst playing a A/m because it is much harder to keep wizards than thieves.

So I pose this question: Let's say I was a Human Shepherd, where do I start? How do I calculate those nice percentages called a "strat." I'm just looking for a basic set of guidlines to build off of when I try and form my own ideas.

Banned
    If I was playing shepherd human I would focus on food science and tool science. However, I like to play more aggressive strategies.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    If I was playing shepherd human I would focus on food science and tool science. However, I like to play more aggressive strategies.
    and if you were running an aggressive strat, you would focus more on pop, crime and military science =)

Post Fiend
    Human shephard build.......for A/T
    War build
    3% farms
    20% TG
    15% hospitals
    13% barracks
    12% forts
    20% Thieves den
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    2% dungeons

I would probably run this...and keep 3 tpa raw...=)

It wont take long to get enough food science to drop farms completely also for some homes.

Go all-elite gnome.
    You'll win the game instantly, and roxx0rz everyone's b0xxorz.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thanks for all the help. I'll look into that wra build when the time comes. I know I want to set my self up while in protection and there is a seperate way of thinking. What do I typically want while in protection?

90% farms, 1% homes, 8% stables, and 1% forts.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

In protection you'll want to build same as war, but instead of TG/Rax/Hosp youll want more banks as a human. Swap them out for your war buildings as your army gets trained up.

Okay, thanks for the information. I've got the basic idea down. Now I just want to get some information on raw numbers. Last I checked the rule of thumb was to run about 50 raw DPA, does this still hold true, and how many WPA do I want before I can stop training them? Another thing that's got me lost is the new science system. My ptovince will rely heavily on science and I was wondering if someone could explain science to me. What exactly should i research and how much?

go gnome, make sure you have TDs and decentish TPA and run all elites... most people wont bother getting random grabs intel and such.

Thread Information