Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: return player

return player

and its not cuz OMAC, i just decided to return to see if i liked it still

Anyways here's a couple strats i've got in mind for a couple dif provs i might try(depending on if any changes ever get friggen posted)

Elf/War Hero A/M, or even a Dwarf/Artisan,Shepherd,Merchant for A/M

500 Acres by OOP,

8% Farms
    37% Banks(cash flow during protection)
    30% Guilds (get my WPA by OOP)
    10% Towers
    25% Armories

50% draft rate

try to run a 45DPA raw from def specs alone at all times, 1.5-2TPA, 2WPA
    and the rest turned into elites. Also use creds for Ospecs for attacks/dragon.

War Time

8% Farms
    15% Guilds
    12% Towers
    10% Banks
    15% Watch Towers
    10% Training Grounds
    10% Guard Stations
    10% Hospitals
    10% Stables

Peace Time drop things like hosp, wt, tg for banks for better cash flow....

If i go dwarf/arti than is a higher draft rate(60-65) acceptable and still have a steady economy or do i still need the peasants to actually have the cash flow?
    Anyways I'm in a pretty dire need of help lol..

should re calc the use of those arms.
    other than that it warms me to see someone write 8% farms.. =)

(oop looks pretty much fine, you want like 50-55 draft oow later on i guess.. 45 dpa is quite fine.. id go slightly higher on wpa though if you go a/m.. +3 should be ok.. id push it higher though +3.5-4 something and run ~2tpa for def. you might want to go higher on elites and a bit lower on dspeccs than 45 dpa.. (35?)

war..
    12 guilds probably enough..
    increase towers if you want to do damage
    id drop the banks since you got losses covered.. at least half.

other than that i think you have it pretty ok.. its always situation tweaks that needs to be done, and remember to keep your wts up if needed, theyre a lot weaker now than they used to be.

cheers and good luck.
    (everything is assuming elf btw.. )

so War

8% Farms
    12% Guilds
    20% Towers
    20% Watch Towers
    10% Training Grounds
    10% Guard Stations
    10% Hospitals
    10% Stables

for Elf sound about right? ;)

Sir Postalot
    kill the hosps, put in banks =)

i disagree greenie.
    id rather have close to no losses than money to retrain them.. (ok, credits take care of tons, but you could do hosps+merc instead of wh i guess ;F)

point is, youre always better off not retraining your troops either way you look at it..

-----
    gedin,

towers are very sci dependent.. you want 15-20% towers for sure though. good spells costs a lot.

I personally would also bump tgs a bit, and even consider running some forts, but 25% tg/fort/stables should be somewhat ok i guess.. whats best is case dependent so needs to be calced.

uhm.. and yeah, unless you can be active enough dont use the rax, if you can be active enough to make good use of rax you should..

i thought about something like

8% Farms
    22% Banks
    15% Thieves Dens
    20% Guilds
    10% Towers
    25% Schools

for a science pump maybe around 750-1000 acres if not in a war

as an elf an already -50 losses is phenominal so idk if the hosps could really make as much of a difference as taking that 10% and throwing it into Forts or banks...both ways can make sense tho..

as far as activity goes i thought about Orc/Warrior so i could attack every 8 hours in war so...lol

science pumping is useless nowadays, and so are schools.. rule of thumb is to basically never ever run schools cause banks do a better job. simple as that. (unless you steal tons of money i guess).

war has - losses too, so its even lower, but i ran an elf/me 2 ages ago or so and looking back i think a few % hospitals would be worth while.. 10% is probably overkill though, and as i said i wasnt wh either.

orc/wa dont do 8h really. if you want speed go elf/wa gnome/wa.

anyways, i guess if youre gonna do the WH thingie you could manage with like 5% banks and 0% hospitals.. more banks are always safer, but hardly ever the "best" thing to do.

ok.. i just pulled something out of the top of my head what i would do if i had to think of something fast...

8 farms
    5 banks
    14 tgs
    5 forts
    12 rax
    10 guilds
    17 towers
    20 wts

leaving 9% land to tweak things with.. as i said youre probably just as well off without the rax giving you 21% to play around with.. +8-10 stables. +2-3banks, tgs. +1-2 towers/guilds/forts?

8 farms
    5 banks +2-3
    14 tgs +2-3
    5 forts +1-2
    10 guilds +1-2
    17 towers +1-2
    20 wts
    (0 stables) +8-10

hardly the best strat but i guess its something you can tweak to your desires..
    (and im not sure i would even run banks at all.. and yeah, there are no GS in the build either.. dont really see much point in running GS in a kd thats not tight)
    Last edited by RAKIdaRHINO; 02-11-2008 at 04:24.

Sir Postalot
    Raki,

as an elf, i dont see why he need's hosps =)

Post Fiend
    Wouldn't recommend hosp's either as Elf. Other buildings are more useful since you already get really low losses during war. Can probably do with 10-15% wt's too, 20% is not needed with Clear Sight. Use that extra land for stables and forts.

I actually really like the arms. Elves have a weaker economy anyway, and a propensity to be chained. When low on pezzies the savings in WR will more than compensate for the small % increase on what is a low income to start with. Plus retraining is all the cheaper.

That's from a war sustainability game perspective of course, which I consider an elven strength.
    "Oops..."

Dwarf Artisan isn't a good combination. The bonuses are only combined for banks (half the bonus), towers and farms. Other than that, there is no synergy effect. Gnome Artisan is the obvious combination, giving you super strong homes.

I'd consider going straight attacker or A/T rather than A/M, it's a difficult combination. A/T is far easier to use (robbing and NS are both reliable and potent) and easier to pump.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    Dwarf shep FTW

didnt i just pull the hosps out of the equation? =)
    and didnt i say as wh you probably do just fine without them? =)

as for 20% wts you easily end up having 40% of your land unbuilt quite fast in war, and i personally prefer rebuilding attacking stuff over wts as war goes on. but hey, we all have our preferences.

sounds like you've never been decimated by a good thieving corp, rhino
    "Oops..."

Thread Information