Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get stronger by standing in the rain

Get stronger by standing in the rain

@OMEC

Lets say that standing in the rain was causing people to get sick and die. But the rain made you stronger and better than before. So a law was created people cant stand in the rain. That makes since for the good of the people right.
    OK now say you still have a few people doing this illegal rain standing and others are complaining. They say "the rules are being broken"
    or"The abuse of standing in the rain is making others sick and not fun" or "If it wassnt for all the rain standing then they would not be stronger than us."

By making rain standing legal you have missed the point. I know you did what they asked "you stopped the illegal activity"

By making it legal?!???!!!?!? WTF (what the *uck).. No no no.. the problem was not the rule, the lack of enforcement of the rule was the issue.

People say they want to play with their friends, so what? Not here! If you want to play with your friends then go to jolt and play. The randomness is how communities are built and knowledge is spread.
    If your group is not a top group without trading then..... im sorry to say, your not a top KD. If your group keeps losing good players then look at your group policy. In business, there will always be some turnover, people are all different. If you have a high rate of turn over then look at your management. If you cant keep managers then look at your people.

Not giving any group a advantage over another is how it supposed to be. Just like their is no race/persona combo thats perfect, no build strat that cant be broken. No play style thats correct.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Fail for "OMEC"

no shi*.... what an ars..

That analogy is totally flawed.

OMEC has predicted/decided that the game has the highest chances of survival if people are able to play WITH their friends. Wether they be friends made online or friends made in real life.

I agree with this decision.

Do you honestly think many new players would want to start up after seeing their friends play, knowing they can never play with them?

"If your group is not a top group without trading then..... im sorry to say, your not a top KD. If your group keeps losing good players then look at your group policy. In business, there will always be some turnover, people are all different. If you have a high rate of turn over then look at your management. If you cant keep managers then look at your people.
    "

So you prefer new players to be razed oop when they start in a KD that deems itself a top KD? As opposed to top KDs always having 25 provs and all new players being grouped together, where they can fight against other KDs with similarly new players. Slowly but surely working their way up in skill and activity through experience and commitment gained through investment.

I used to play an MMORPG called DAoC. In realm versus Realm combat you would be in a team of players, fighting other teams. Some people used external programs to generate a Radar screen, allowing them to find other teams, giving them a MASSIVE advantage. After a while of banning players for it, Mythic Entertainment decided it wasnt catching enough people.

In the next expansion they added a feature whereby all conflicts between teams and even NPC vs Players, would show up on everyones map, a minute or so after it began.

This gave people time to finish their fights, but also made it possible for teams to find opponents to fight without using Radar.

It also took away a massive advantage for the cheaters, and so the risk of being caught and banned then outweighed the advantages and many stopped using Radar programs.

I know this isn't exactly the same but you can see how OMEC is trying to help.

How does your theory help Ishandra? The problem is with the older more experienced players and with trying to gather newer or bring back players. I think the main problem with the game is War and people trying to be "elite."

Most KDs are sore losers, so when they lose a war, they will not surrender and will drag a war out and frustrate most players because it basically "freezes" their playing time.

Most KDs use alliances and when one prov gets attacked once by random they will have 4-5 alliance turds retal and basically kill off an opponent. This is beyond pathetic and of course we can't have an unexperienced player out doing the "elitist twit." So after that new player gets frustrated after doing so well and then getting busted down to nothing will decide that this game sucks and quit.

A lot of recent KDs that I joined before finally landing in a really good KD. They forced you to join alliances, log on IRC 24/7, be logged on at all kinds of weird hours of the day, only attack when and who they say, won't allow you to random attack, make you build the way they want you to build, etc., etc. It's basically one person forcing the other 24 to play the way they play.

If OMEC really wanted to fix the game:
    -Then get rid of alliances. They are like a gang, just a cluster of p*ssies who can't fight without help.
    -Make it to where a 2000 acre/300k NW prov can't plow down a 800 acre/120k NW prov. -Protect people's provs from complete annihilation from elitist sissy gang rapes.
    -Make the game fun and let people be able to play the way they want to play without having to worry about 1000 other people coming to raze them down to ashes.
    -Make it to where there can be no outside ops/attacks while in war.

Ishandra, I also played DAoC. They didn't make the "battle icons" on maps to counter radar users. They did it because the player base was dropping and the RvR areas were too large. This was to help people find fights quicker without giving them an advantage of how many, levels, direction they were going, etc.

OMAC not OMEC n00bs!

Regular
    not sure if this was covered in those two essays but;

There is 100% undetectable ways of trading. And to add to that, most (bad) trades look exactly the same as if someone moved house. So, if you start deleting for the bad trades, it means utopians can not move house/IP without getting deleted. Let alone getting to the people who trade well and undetected.

The only fair way is to make trading legal. Otherwise certain people will ALWAYS have an advantage. whether it is legal or not, whether it is in the spirit of the rules etc., they have an advantage.

One of Mehul's original goals when creating this game was to force people to meet and interact with people they otherwise would never have known. He made that happen, look at utonet, people from around the world play this game, I never knew how much I hated roro's before I played utopia. Omac has missed the point, you don't legalize the problem to make it go away...delete, delete, delete.

OMAC, OMEC, same thing ;) Hell I hadn't even heard of them before they took over!

I have been in a bottom KD since I started 2 ages ago and while I have been messaged by 1 alliance each age, I have thought 5 wars this age alone without any interference or attacks from Alliances. I dont think they are as prolific as you make out Neji.

I agree there are other things to do to make the game fun, but by minimizing the advantage of cheaters by giving way their power as a reward for good gameplay and KD skills, you help players compete through their own skill and commitment and not through their knowledge of cheating.

The problems you've described for new players dont come down to how OMAC deals with cheaters or how Mehul dealt with them, they come down to players being nasty to eachother.

This is a competetive, players VERSUS player game. You can only expect players to do what they can to help themselves and hurt others, no matter how unfair or cruel. At least by decriminalising trading you can place controls on it and allow everyone the same oppurtunities of progression through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Neji Hyuuga View Post
    Ishandra, I also played DAoC. They didn't make the "battle icons" on maps to counter radar users. They did it because the player base was dropping and the RvR areas were too large. This was to help people find fights quicker without giving them an advantage of how many, levels, direction they were going, etc.
    I think it dealt with both. I know a lot of people were using the lack of action and over sized maps as a justification for using Radar and claimed to 'only use it to find fights and not to gain a strategic advantage' ;)

Lets be honest though, even with the map icons you could easily assjam people hitting towers and such ;)

Regular
    u quiting or whatever wont stop them. as u can see now some old players are coming back. which is their goal. to increase the player base. increasing player base will also increase more targets. more war options. right now there r limitation. and yes the idea of making trading legal only makes it fair for those who didnt have the power to do so to help their kd build up strong can do so now. omac is trying to even up the playing field.

shut up

most people complain that super kd r only that strong bcuz they did illegal trading. well now u hav the option to build up ur kd. use it if u want. if u dont want then

shut up

and go on with your life. just

shut up

if u feel like u r happy in ur average kd then dont leave, stay there. if u r monarch then dont recruite people. if u r not and the monarch wants to bring a few of his/her friends in to play together and u hav a problem with that then

shut up

and leave, if u dont mind then

shut up

and stay. the game is not goin to change that much from this new idea. you can always

shut up

and leave if u not happy. omac is making playing field fair for people complaing about skd cheating and sh!t to get there. now u have the oppotunity to compete. and if u dont want to then u can

shut up

and keep doin ur thing.
    Last edited by nightcrave; 03-11-2008 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by nightcrave View Post
    u quiting or whatever wont stop them. as u can see now some old players are coming back. which is their goal. to increase the player base. increasing player base will also increase more targets. more war options. right now there r limitation. and yes the idea of making trading legal only makes it fair for those who didnt have the power to do so to help their kd build up strong can do so now. omac is trying to even up the playing field.

shut up

most people complain that super kd r only that strong bcuz they did illegal trading. well now u hav the option to build up ur kd. use it if u want. if u dont want then

shut up

and go on with your life. just

shut up

if u feel like u r happy in ur average kd then dont leave, stay there. if u r monarch then dont recruite people. if u r not and the monarch wants to bring a few of his/her friends in to play together and u hav a problem with that then

shut up

and leave, if u dont mind then

shut up

and stay. the game is not goin to change that much from this new idea. you can always

shut up

and leave if u not happy. omac is making playing field fair for people complaing about skd cheating and sh!t to get there. now u have the oppotunity to compete. and if u dont want to then u can

shut up

and keep doin ur thing.
    I think somewhere in there lies a good point, despite the unintelligent and unorganized manor in which it's delivered.

I don't know about you, but this whole legal trading thingy really makes me think of razing all the new players I end up with, as I can simply spend a few short moments on MSN to get a much better person to replace them, without having to devote months to train them.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
    I think somewhere in there lies a good point, despite the unintelligent and unorganized manor in which it's delivered.

i am bad with making my point clear sometimes...am a realy straight forward person.

i hav a hard time with english. am not so bad at it but i just cant identify adjetives, adverbs, conjuctions, etc. i know i do know use them but i dont know where. and im not good in writting structures and formats etc, as u can c.

am glad that u did c my point some where in there.

and VT2 thats just cruel...
    go burn
    Last edited by nightcrave; 03-11-2008 at 19:27.

It's the honest truth.

Why should I blow my otherwise productive time on training new players, when I can import experienced ones?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information