View Poll Results: Do you want new the sitting system OMAC wants to implent?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I agree with OMAC's sitter system

25 21.55%
  • NO, I don't like it and don't want it implented.

91 78.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VOTE: Do you want new the sitting system?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    You get up to 21 days of sitting, minimum 3 days at a time. That's plenty of time for a vacation.

Yes, it can be abused to upgrade activity during wars. No argument there.

Kingdoms use sitters already. This system will allow everyone to get in on it at a level playing field and also provide more grounds for reporting and punishing abuse.
    20 days payed vacation is standard in Europe. that's 5 days payed off per week, means 4 weeks off in total so 28 days away. This system wasn't though of for actual vacation, this system was though for shorter times away. And that is what people will use it for. wars being 3 days average if you have 4 players with low activity, ask them to take a time out for the sake of the kingdom. What monarch wouldn't pay 3 dollars to win a war?
    Despite what you think of sitting, trading and all other methods used in utopia, the question remains the same: should you win a war based on activity and skill, or who has the wallet to cash out for his most active players to play double accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    Its not like you can use it every war though.

It wont be usable as a strategy, just something to stop you losing a war because of 1 province not being present for 1 war.
    It can be used in every war actually... it's a 3 day minimum sit time, and most wars aren't much longer then that, means you can use it on each account 7 wars per age.

Regular
    Eh ? Who would pay to keep inactive players in their kingdom rather than freely replace them with active ones ? Hey trading is part of the game, brains anyone ?

What was previously considered cheating and grounds for ban is now allowed for a fee. So the die hard players who would rather pay than be one province short at a bad timing now have their option. Before, they didn't.

So here's a nice fat YES that I'm glad to dump on top of your whining little heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Moujik View Post
    Eh ? Who would pay to keep inactive players in their kingdom rather than freely replace them with active ones ? Hey trading is part of the game, brains anyone ?

What was previously considered cheating and grounds for ban is now allowed for a fee. So the die hard players who would rather pay than be one province short at a bad timing now have their option. Before, they didn't.

So here's a nice fat YES that I'm glad to dump on top of your whining little heads.
    People would keep half inactive players for many reasons. Long time kd members, problems replacing them with more active members, the member might have a temporary slop or not being able to log in at night etc etc.

Everyone had the option before to xlog, but very few did. If a method of doing things get sanctioned by the game owners that will open new doors. If OMAC says it's ok to sit over wars then ofc people will start using it especially since it will become so easy to do. My phonebill as monarch was larger then the rate they are considering charging for sitting, and if I was monarch now and I knew the other kd I was in war with was paying for sitters then I would do it too.

When I as a monarch seeked war with another kd my NW size I knew that they did about the same stuff as my kd, they traded in players as others were leaving. Even if trading and sitting existed before it was basically different for different levels. At the bottom very few traded, at the top everyone traded. Even if it was cheating it was equal cheating. This payed sitting is on the other hand not the same. Here you can take over provinces with a click of a fee. It will no longer be about skill and a kingdoms united activity. This is about the size of a wallet, about greed.
    I kind of consider payed sitting as steroids, that extra push a kd needs to win a war. I hope kingdoms won't use it, but I'm pretty sure people will just to get edge cause "everyone else will". It's sad it will have to come to that.

Regular
    no.

Post Fiend
    lol

peeps had no probs paying for proxies so why not pay to keep peeps who are willing to play the sitter role

octobrev for president!

paying for xlogging is the worst idea after removing razes from war, im not suprised about it thou.. OMAC wants to find ways to make money but in the long run it ruins the game even more, I think they should concentrate on making the game abit more like it used to be.. Give us back the declare hostile button, back with razes in war so we can actually hit people down.

Geezes theres alot of stuff that Mehul removed to make this game more boring.. Please consider taking some stuff back!

//Spyder, ex player of Brute Force

Nice idea, thank you Stella.
    Utopia's a funny old place...

Better question is, does it matter what we think about the new system?

Voted No of course.

voted no, but cant see the results of who voted what? :(
    Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

Post Fiend
    I voted yes.

and i think it is all fair if everyone is allowed to do something, whether they can implement it or not, which is entirely up to the monarch/players ability to network in this game.

which it isn't unfair atm for those who haven't or can't network (and is entirely thier problem, as that is what this game is meant to be).

what makes it fair is for those people who have blue collar jobs, who don't have access to the internet, that they can allow for a sitter to help them out in need. Or also when someone actually goes away for vacation.

Join us at #bladesofhonor
    SECRETS R.I.P.
    LL Realms; my one, my only, my precious...

The world is full of unhappy people; solution to this problem-> smile
    We can use all the arguments, alibis, and defenses in the world; we can explain ourselves hoarse; but we cannot affect something so deeply imbedded in human consciousness.

<@Bones> i spent $3000 on my computer to play this game i been back for 2 ages now and im getting acused of cheating
    lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy|LLD View Post
    lol

peeps had no probs paying for proxies so why not pay to keep peeps who are willing to play the sitter role

octobrev for president!
    The matter if it is legal to do, there would be many more who do it and many more who lose theirs morale and will to fight the war/play the game either due to can't pay or feel it is not a sportive competition anymore.

OMAC, please reconsider. This change will gave you loads of money, but that would be temporary. Soon or later, people will quit because the heart of utopia, war, tainted with all these sitters. Please add that players need to tell OMAC days in advance before able to activate the sitting feature, I'm sure it can solve our issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy|LLD View Post
    lol

Is it cheaper to pay for proxy's ?

I haven't had a price for it in awhile ......
    IMPERIALS KLA

Voted no... But since it's probably too late to change anything, there should be a penalty for the province being babysitted.. something like..

-15% offensive gains, thievery op strength and spell strength.

i voted no because in it's current form it can be abused.

I do like the idea of being able to sit someone elses account BUT this should not be allowed during war situations. By all means let someone else run your account, but they should not be able to perform any hostile actions.

If the proposed sitting options was adjusted so that the sitter could no longer perform any hostile actions, and/or be disabled in a war situation i would gladly change my vote to a yes

Thread Information