Thread: why discussing new strategy?

Post Fiend

why discussing new strategy?

its the same races... the same personalities... just go to the older foruns and see the already discussed from last age... after all omac isnt changing anything... maybe we should only discuss about trading...

dont cry, if ur that miserable, give us your location, we will take care of all your miseries

it's not. they are changing things....

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    I've been reading your comments over the last few days, and I've noted a general dissatisfaction with the lack of information about game changes. We were originally considering not making any changes this round due to extreme time pressure and a desire to get the game started on time - however, we recognize that game changes are a key part of people's expectations for a new round.

For that reason, it has been decided to delay the game start date by another 3 days - meaning two-day freeze time officially begins Friday, November 6th at midnight GMT. The game may be available to sign up a little before then, but this is the official start of freeze. The round will still end on schedule, so this means a little free (or forced) vacation for all of you!

All of this gives us the time to code changes for next round. Based on talks with players, reading forum discussions, and personal game experience so far, our priorities for changes are as follows:

1) Science - making it a more interesting and important aspect of your province without making heavy pumping a necessity again
    2) Race balance - probably nerfing orcs and gnomes while boosting dwarves
    3) Magic - probably boosting it a little overall, as it seems a bit weak compared with thievery
    4) Building balance - open to suggestions here, focusing on nerfing overpowered buildings and boosting underpowered buildings

We will be listening to your feedback on this, and will announce a final list of changes tomorrow. I'd also like to apologise for changing dates yet again, and for not discussing upcoming changes for an extended period of time - interaction with players, especially on matters like this, is a priority for us - the process for next round will be much less rushed!

dang, does that mean I lost bet?
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    dang, does that mean I lost bet?
    nope, it means you lost the game =)

Banned
    I was telling people they were going to change a lot of stuff. I hope they keep the changes coming each new age. This is the main reason I started playing this game because each age would be different. Meaning new strategies would to be played.

Thread Information