Thread: De a/m

Post Fiend

De a/m

Ok our kingdom in the past has been flooded with DE T/M that have been in my opinion useless. We had 5 and could not keep 24/7 coverage of MS running.

Most of them have now left the kingdom and it looks like we have none returning. I am an attacker at heart noraly playing Orcs and elves but i have always liked magic and i like attacking.

So i am thinking of playing a DE A/M next age. I can only attack twice a day, i think the kingdom needs some MS ability so mystic may be the way to go. There may be at least one other who may go DE A/M in the kingdom as well so we may look at nightmare or fireball spam at the right targets as we are on at similar times. I do not plan to be a supermage and compeate with someone who is however geting through Heavy Attackers magic defence is a priority.

Without knowing the changes i am thinking of playing the following.
    I am interested in your feedback and ideas on how to optimise the build strat.

Homes 10
    Farms 8
    Guilds 10
    Stables 10
    Training Grounds 12
    Rax 15
    Banks 10
    Forts 15
    Watch Towers 10

DE A/M is weak if you work alone. You need a partner playing the same build to help you out, and it will be tough since you don't have any candidates. That and since you're an attacker, you'd find that your mana will not be enough to be utilised on both attacking and spellcasting sides. Don't forget you need to cast self spells as well.

I'd suggest that you stick to this - attacking as your main role, spellcasting as your secondary. Allocate your mana in such a way - 20% for self spells, the rest for offensive spellcasting. So assuming you are logging in every 12 hours, theoritically you should have 6 self spell slots to use (3% each self spell), and 9 offensive self spell slots to use (2% each offensive spell).

So 9 offensive spells per 12 hours is a bit of a waste to be used on your Fireballs. IMHO Fireballs are best done by Elves. In fact, I find that DEs are better off playing around with duration spells like Greed than with instant spells like FBs, since DEs don't have the mana regen of Elves'.

So since you're a DE you should be focusing on what you were given. Fool's Gold is quite a nice spell to use, combining it with Greed and some riots (if you can pull that out yourself or find someone to help) you can effectively cripple the opponent's economy. Moment he fails to pay his wages, he can't send troops out, and that's where your MS and (if you can still afford) Nightmares come in.

As for your building strat, you'd need more guilds. 10% is too low. You need to maintain at least 20% to keep up with your WPA growth. Even though you have your Mystic's double guild effectiveness and your DE's 25% magic bonus, but there can never be enough WPA. Simply because don't forget, you are an attacker as well, and any incoming land is going to lower your WPA in drastic levels. Take away 5% from your stables and 5% from your barracks to add up on your guilds. I don't think you really need that much stables or reduction in attack time.
    Numbers and strategies are only but a small fraction of what this game is about, yet it's funny to see that players are putting a lot of unnecessary negative emotions into those two aspects and make a big fuss.

Postaholic
    if u have 5 t/m and u still cant keep 24/7 MS then ur t/m is really REALLY bad

2 skilled t/m can pretty much guarentee 24/7 MS coverage

the root of the problem is not t/m, its ur player's skills unfortunately.

Post Fiend
    I think the terms i used to describe them all age where lazy, inactive, selfish and incompetent.

Slowly they got the message and now the only one left has stated they are not returning.

So now i have to work out a strat for a race i have never played.

Any help will be apprciated

Postaholic
    imo its best to make them any kind of attacker personality they want to choose and build up moral and interest first

Radinet summed it up nicely, I agree with all of it.

I would however drop those WT for Hospitals and try to maintain 2.5 TPA. You'll want it for Riots and Kidnaps and OOW stealing anyways so it wont be wasted.

If your running more Forts than TG you obviously plan on Turtling with Elites. In that case I wouldnt bother with the stables either.

At the start I wouldnt build any more homes, just focus on Guilds and Banks and Forts so you can safely pump ToG and Dice and get your army and thieves built up. Once its in place do 1 more GC pump and use the money to swap your build over to start doing learns and plunders OOW :)

Thread Information