Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweaking Dwarves!

Red face Tweaking Dwarves!

Dwarves have been long suffering in Utopia and I'd sure love to see them get "quick feet." Their elite is expensive compared to most of the races and this little magic gift would help them to have more acres to build other needful buidlings such as WTs to keep out the pickpockets of Utopia. It's a little tweak but I think a useful one and oh yes, I'd take "quick feet" away from you fun loving, turtling Gnomes and raise your Elite from 300gc to 500gc.

I dont think it fits with the race particularly.

Dwarves having high stamina, typically, perhaps remove the 20% defence penalty while being ambushed, or something like that.

Maybe also reduce the 50% thievery penalty to 25%, then Dwarves would be fine, maybe even strong.

That would also work really well Ishandra - probably better than the quick feet even. Reducing their thievery penalty would be awesome and I think give them a much needed boost. Maybe as well tweak their elite cost down a bit.

Postaholic
    remove fog and give them back speed build

Well with the suggested changes they wont be too bad. A/M should be slightly more achievable now also with the rune changes.

Banned
    For this up coming age I have come up with a dwarf strategy centers around 160%BE. At the same time allowing to be ready for war just a week into the game. The strategy focuses on maxing forts, and tgs. Keeping a military of 60% These new 7/4s will make dwarf an attacking monster. In many ways in this up coming age dwarf may be the most powerful attacking race. Keep in mind Dwarf still has Animate Dead and fog does not work on them. However, me, myself I will not be using dwarf. I am going to play a more complex strategy. The strategy I plan on using will once again blow everyone's mind set about standards, much as, I did with my gnome artisan this past age. I was crushing same size provinces with there full armies at homes. I'm glad to say that my gnome/artisan will no longer work come this new age. Dwarf is the new attacking monster. Pick dwarf if you want to flex you muscle over others.

Post Fiend
    omg help me i cant resist. what sort of income do u generate with so many unemployed pessies?

Banned
    I don't know what kind of income, however, what I can tell you is it will be a strong income. This past age I was running a 80% draft and was making the same income as people with a 60% draft. At any rate, it depends how one runs one's province. If they are a bad ruler they will have high unemployment, weak econ, weak BE, ect. A strong leader will keep and maintain a low unemployment rate, strong econ, strong BE, ect. A strong leader can keep a strong military while maintaining a healthy econ. If you find your province needing to pump just to train military units your econ is on the weak side. Always and foremost keep the thought of a healthy econ in your mind. If your econ is stronger than the other guys you will always be better off.

How much are you lying today, vines?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    how much are you smoking today vines? and how many 'phases' does this complex strategy contain?

You physically cant have a low BE if you have unemployment, unless you've JUST had buildings razed and BE hasnt moved yet.

Basically vines your planning to get loads of tools science. Fair enough. What about when a human has that same 35% tools science bonus? Then his race bonuses on top...
    Last edited by Ishandra; 05-11-2008 at 13:17.

Post Fiend
    vines gets a tool bonus cause he is a tool.

Banned
    Already said I'm not going to use this strategy. By all means it's a good strategy, however, been there done that. I am going to do a strategy that is new and fresh. You guys will just have to wait and see what strategy I use. And I let you guys see it I'm not going to tell you guys how I am making it work :D.

Afraid we'll tell you it sucks again, and prove why?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I just hope its a human/sage T/M.

Thread Information