Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORC/Warrior strat

ORC/Warrior strat

I'm looking for a good strategy for an orc/warrior. utopia temple doesnt have any good ones

Just work out how many Rax you need to make 3 hits a day, then get as much hosp and TG and stables as you can afford to run while keeping 11% guilds 7% towers and having enough banks and homes to pay for the troops. Lower banks and raise homes as you get your troops trained and fully drafted.

Do plunders as often as possible and get enough thieves to steal GC too.

Regular
    Homes 8
    Farms 10
    Training Grounds 21
    Barracks 10
    Forts 16
    Hospitals 20
    Guilds 11
    Towers 2
    Dungeons 2

That was the strat I was using. It's not perfected and I'm still tweaking it, but it should give you a good starting point. I'm thinking of running this next age:

Farms 8
    Training Grounds 18
    Forts 17
    Hospitals 18
    Guilds 10
    Towers 2
    Watchtowers 15
    Stables 10
    Dungeons 2

Differences are no homes or barracks instead I'ld run Watchtowers and Stables. Also, no more than 18% in any one building because of diminishing returns.

Also, obviously you're going to need to stockpile runes out of war and during long wars get some runes from your kd

Post Fiend
    Homes 14
    Farms 8
    Guilds 10
    Towers 5
    Training Grounds 18
    Banks 15
    Watch Towers 10
    Dungeons 2
    Hospitals 18

2 x a day strat

Regular
    lol banks? That's horrible

Post Fiend
    Yes Deathwish238, Banks.

In case you didnt know, Orcs tend to end up with dogsh*t BE and income.

Banks + homes can help solve those things, as well as do other stuff.

The key to makeing a orc work is the economy to have proper elite army. (and running high hospitals and /warrior for its ambush protection)

the quickest way to fail as a orc, as to not take advantage of their elites.

Like there is anyone out there who is an Orc and trains off specs.

youd be surprised what people do when they cant peice together their economy, Tomas.

plumber and learn baby =) Who care about BE =)

Post Fiend
    He`s an Orc Warrior it is his job to have a dogshet economy and BE. I`d run something similar to Deathwish`s strategy (excepting the stables - no stables as TGs are clearly more efficient than stables; so no stables and build some barracks and extra TGs). And hit 2-3 times a day ;) (2 plunders and 1 unique).

Post Fiend
    Deathwish238 u have a huge hole in your economy, go back log in and look at your council page, now double your wage rate and deduct it from your income. now work out how you are going to make up the difference.

Oh, and don't forget to add 20% to your science costs while you are at it.

I guess you will be doing plunders and learns all age you will not have time to attack for land.
    Last edited by Starscream; 07-11-2008 at 01:37.

with the changes I dont recommend Orc warrior. Coming from an Orcaholic. Orc merchant is the only way to keep your economy from being taken out. Greed in the past was not a factor, only riots gave me trouble. with normal pay rates greed will be out of control if stacked with riots.

Merchant bonus of no income penalties added to income bonus you will be ok.. Just run 23% Rax.. you cant get lower than 9hr returns on Tmarch. Game mechanics prevent anything lower.. Unless Omac has changed it..

The lowest possible is 6 hours.
    Genesis lets it get even lower.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjiman View Post
    Yes Deathwish238, Banks.

In case you didnt know, Orcs tend to end up with dogsh*t BE and income.

Banks + homes can help solve those things, as well as do other stuff.
    I haven't had a real issue with income during war.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    He`s an Orc Warrior it is his job to have a dogshet economy and BE. I`d run something similar to Deathwish`s strategy (excepting the stables - no stables as TGs are clearly more efficient than stables; so no stables and build some barracks and extra TGs). And hit 2-3 times a day ;) (2 plunders and 1 unique).
    I am still debating stables myself. TGs aren't that much more efficient when you already have 18%.

1% more TG = 0.6% more offense. atm I have 12,526 ogres = 100,208 offense. 0.6% = 601 offense
    1% Stables at my current 3940 acres yields 39 stables = 39*60 horses = 2,364 offense.

Maybe I should be running even less TGs! Am I missing something here? The strength of 1 horse is 1 right?

Thread Information