Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice for Gnome A/T strat!!

Need advice for Gnome A/T strat!!

I am new to the game and would like to be a Gnome Artisan A/T. I am not sure of what kind of building strat to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

go gnome rogue!

Postaholic
    gnome/artitian is just not very good. they have no real war bonuses. they have slightly shinier stats than other races but u r quickly put under even grounds after 12 hours of warring. plus gnome/artitian only reaches their max potential once u r like 68% drafted and fully converted. otherwise they are pretty much the same as any other gnome with no personality bonus

gnome/warrior or shep works better if u wanna attack more

gnome/rogue works better if u wanna thief more

other than that the other personalities are very meh

If I go with gnome/shep what kind of a build strat would work for A/t?

Banned
    navytech gnome artisan will not work in the same way I have used it this past age. Gnome is now the weakest race in terms of attacking power so if you want to play a/t you may want to think about picking a different race.

Postaholic
    strat depends a lot on the size of the gnome. for small gnomes u pretty much play it like a regular attacker or a/t. around 10% homes for pop boost, calculate the TG/fort/stable ratio u want, some rax, etc etc. u'll want more thief den too

if u r big in ur kingdom its a bit different. u should not have any GS at all, instead u need more forts/homes/TG to maximize ur strength (at least 15% homes imo). theif den are less significant because thievery is pretty ineffective when bottomfeeding. i'd say something like this:

1. Homes: 547 (16%)
    2. Farms: 68 (2%)
    3. Banks: 342 (10%)
    4. Training Grounds: 615 (18%)
    5. Barracks: 342 (10%)
    6. Forts: 342 (10%)
    7. Guilds: 342 (10%)
    8. Towers: 68 (2%)
    9. Thieves' Dens: 342 (10%)
    10. Stables: 342 (10%)
    11. Dungeons: 68 (2%)

or if u r warrior, no rax at all and put more into forts/banks/homes

this is just a general idea tho. its kind of late at night so i cant think rite now :p but basically small gnomes u wanna focus on damage, big gnomes u wanna be safe and focus on strength

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    navytech gnome artisan will not work in the same way I have used it this past age. Gnome is now the weakest race in terms of attacking power so if you want to play a/t you may want to think about picking a different race.
    and who would want to use it the way you used it this age?
    rogue and warrior are far superior choices for gnome

Banned
    greenie you are mistaken about that. Gnome warriors could attack me because they ME was always much weaker. Gnome rogues couldn't op me because I have 6tparaw My Draft was 80% with wages 200% and I will still making around 20k net each day. I had all the base it is clear many people would want to use this strategy, however, it is clear that it will not work this age. If a rogue could op me I would just smash them taking there land. I did it over and over this last age and as for warrior the first war the kingdom was up a against a gnome warrior he was there king and near the end of the war he messaged me telling me I was the most skilled play he had ever came up against. We lost that war and yet he still said that to me. I that touched me. Greenie I have seen your province I'm not impressed. Before I got hit province was making around 50kgc each day and thats with 80% draft. There are so many weak points about your province but I don't care about you so I don't feel the need to help you.

Vines at his finest, folks.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Sir Postalot
    pffft, a skilled player means nothing, you can have the best player in the best kd, and he can still get kicked out... team play is far more important in this game than anything else...
    if your prov was 3k acres and only making 50k/hr, thats pretty poor, my orc at 3k acres was making 80-90k, if you are pulling in <20 gc/acre your prov is on a knife edge in terms of stability...
    and which prov are you talking about? cause if you've seen my wol one, i wouldnt be impressed either (~80% of army got NS'ed)
    Total Modified Offense: 132,109 (43.59 per Acre)
    Practical (100% elites): 132,109 (43.59 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 67,443 (22.25 per Acre)
    Practical (0% elites): 43,308 (14.29 per Acre)
    and please, feel free to comment on my province, am more than happy to have skilled players tell me how i can improve (and idiots flaming is just as good)
    Last edited by _greenie; 05-11-2008 at 12:24.

He's still sour that he got booted out of his ghetto, and landed in a fat explorer-kingdom.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Banned
    No my province was at 2.8 I was not talking about my province after the war. I was talking about it before the war. Also keep in my this is while having wages at 200% and learning science. Don't tell me 50kgc that I keep a day is poor this is good. Yes 50k that I keep each only count what I keep as income. 50k is good but when I stack it up to your province or VT2 it super good. Both of you guys run provinces with such weak econ I just don't understand how you guys are able to run your provinces at all.

vines you are full of BS and if you hadnt of defecting sooner you would have been razed into the ground....
    Taking back the InternetClickME

I've never had a problem keeping my stuff trained, or my land built this age.
    This is simply a classical case of vines syndrome.

and vines what does it say about your province....when it was crushed by someone 800 acres smaller?
    Taking back the InternetClickME

Thread Information