View Poll Results: Do you want new the sitting system OMAC wants to implent?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I agree with OMAC's sitter system

25 21.55%
  • NO, I don't like it and don't want it implented.

91 78.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VOTE: Do you want new the sitting system?

Exclamation VOTE: Do you want new the sitting system?

I know many utopians don't like reading long posts and writing comments, so this is a simple yes and no vote. Only one thing matter - are you for or against the new sitting system?
    Please take a second to vote.

So far NO post have applauded the new sitting system, yet no sign from OMAC shows that they reconsidered this. I ask you all to vote on this matter to show what you really think.

If you want to read what's been said earlier in this matter, here are the most active threads regarding sitting:
    10 questions for OMAC regarding the new sitting system: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=571056
    Toughts about October 31st blog: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=570875
    For the love of god, rethink the sitting + bonus system: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=571064

I agree with legal sitting, but not in a form that's easily used simply to boost activity in wars. So I vote no.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I don't like the sitting option I do want legal trading.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Do you want the new sitting system OMAC...
    ...is the question. I was typing a bit fast. I think you get the question anyways :)

Hurlin this vote has nothing to do with the trading, only the sitting system as OMAC presented it in it's blog post. nothing else. :)

my nub vote goes for NO. I dont like it in this sense. the trading yes but sitting part no.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Hurlin this vote has nothing to do with the trading, only the sitting system as OMAC presented it in it's blog post. nothing else. :)
    I disagree I think they give the impression of being linked due to the way they where published together.

That's why I posted what I did.

I don't like the sitting system and I personally think that saying you disagree with one your are disagreeing with both, which is not my case I don't like the sitting option but want legal trading.
    Last edited by Hurlin; 03-11-2008 at 16:28. Reason: 3am typo hell
    IMPERIALS KLA

I only linked to topics that dicsussed it, many of the topics mixed both subjects.... it was basically for people that haven't visited these forums before and read anything. This vote don't concern trading, you can be for trading, against trading, for limited trading or free market. really don't matter to me. topic is on OMAC's suggestion of sitting only. Not any other sitting method, just exacly how it was presented in the blog post.

Forum Addict
    I do because I think it will be used the way it is intended. You can't xlog with it, one account is locked in for 3 days minimum. The goal of xlogging is constant activity, so you can have multiple people in the account to make sure there's always someone online, but that's just not the case here.

I think the big issue will be people having less active kdmates and taking their provs via sitting during wars to keep activity up. That said, this happens already via xlogging and sitters. This will at the very least legitimize it, keep the playing field level for all kingdoms (so those who play without sitting and those who do are now even) and also give OMAC better grounds to delete xloggers.

It's already happening now, isn't it? So why not at least do this to give everyone this option?

I think sitting is fine. Its extremely limited so it can only realistically be used when people are going on vacation etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    I think sitting is fine. Its extremely limited so it can only realistically be used when people are going on vacation etc.
    or when it's war time and people need high activity. .. as I posted here, http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14159769 the actual sitting time is not long enough to cover vacations, witch make it look like it's really just for short term thing, in other words: wars.

Forum Addict
    You get up to 21 days of sitting, minimum 3 days at a time. That's plenty of time for a vacation.

Yes, it can be abused to upgrade activity during wars. No argument there.

Kingdoms use sitters already. This system will allow everyone to get in on it at a level playing field and also provide more grounds for reporting and punishing abuse.

Its not like you can use it every war though.

It wont be usable as a strategy, just something to stop you losing a war because of 1 province not being present for 1 war.

Post Fiend
    I'm just dying to see what sort of unintended consequences people can think up to exploit these new loopholes!
    Alas, poor Utopia! For 10 years I knew ye well.

No, and poll isn't really necessary, either.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Thread Information